• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report -- Davidson Wildcats -- 7pm ESPNU Tonight

My oldest kid is a Junior at Davidson. He and I are going to the game tonight. My loyalties are divided, quite frankly. I'll be wearing a Wake sweatshirt and a Davidson hat. If this Wake Forest squad was coached by Bob McKillop, they would be dangerous.

Alas, they are not.

My oldest kid is a Junior at Davidson. He and I are going to the game tonight. My loyalties are divided, quite frankly. I'll be wearing a Wake sweatshirt and a Davidson hat. If this Wake Forest squad was coached by Bob McKillop, they would be dangerous.

Alas, they are not.

I would love to see what McKillop could do with Wake’s level of physical talent. I guarantee this team would be immeasurably tougher on the defensive end.

I would love to see what McKillop could do with Wake’s level of physical talent. I guarantee this team would be immeasurably tougher on the defensive end.

McKillop's got more coaching ability in one strand of his white hair then Danny does in his whole 7 foot tall body.

There is much more pressure on Davidson knowing that a loss to a Manning coached team is a virtual death knell to an at large bid.

Wake has nothing to lose since beating a top 100 RPI team is a bit beyond most fans highest expectations.

Perhaps that extra freedom on Wake's end will make the difference.

Likely, we will hear post game quotes that we were unable to match their intensity and we took them too lightly.

I am happy to report that Davidson -2 is on the board at my book.

While this board is often a contrarian indicator for wagering purposes, I will be taking Davidson and laying the 2.

I fear I won't get many better opportunities to wager against the Deacs this year... At some point, people will catch on.

I am happy to report that Davidson -2 is on the board at my book.

While this board is often a contrarian indicator for wagering purposes, I will be taking Davidson and laying the 2.

I fear I won't get many better opportunities to wager against the Deacs this year... At some point, people will catch on.

That is the easiest money you are ever going to make. A -14 Davidson line is much more reasonable.

There is much more pressure on Davidson knowing that a loss to a Manning coached team is a virtual death knell to an at large bid.

Wake has nothing to lose since beating a top 100 RPI team is a bit beyond most fans highest expectations.

Perhaps that extra freedom on Wake's end will make the difference.

Likely, we will hear post game quotes that we were unable to match their intensity and we took them too lightly.

There's not a lot of pressure on Davidson tonight. They have this penciled in as an easy W and a coach that wont let his team disappoint. It's Davidson by a million tonight.

My daughter is a freshman at Davidson and we aren't even bothering to go. I just can't make myself do it. I live in Cornelius so if it was at Davidson I MIGHT summon the interest to go. But I can't sit in that empty Joel and watch Manning preside over this once proud program again. I am not going back until we have a new coach. And I am a season ticket holder with 4 of the best seats in the place. I haven't gone once this season. I am DONE done.

Line is now Davidson -1.5. Guessing that means that Grady is not playing.

This will be a test of those who set the line versus those that follow the Deacs. With a couple of exceptions, the Board consensus is an easy Davidson win. Vegas disagrees.

Does Vegas even watch WFU play? i bet they hate even putting odds out on WFU...

I can't believe how little I give a shit. Fire Wellman and Manning!

Here is a Davidson fan's take on tonight's game from their message board:

I’m guessing the crowd will be fairly sparse tonight—Wake rarely draws well in December, even in good years. Given Danny’s struggles (that Houston Baptist loss was particularly ugly, as was being pushed to the buzzer by WCU), there will be plenty of good seats and good parking available at the Joel this evening. I wouldn’t expect a boisterous crowd, either. The enthusiasm level for this team within the Wake fanbase is pretty low. Plan on parking in the arena lot. Should be around $8 or so.

I’ll be there with my Wake buddy who has season tickets. Hoping Kellan can get back on the floor, but even without him the Cats are the better team. Deacs have some real talent (freshmen Hoard and Mucius are both going to be good ACC players, and Hoard is a first round draft pick), but as a team they play stupidly. Frequently get lost on defense, so there will be open looks available—Frampton should be salivating.

For a team with obvious physical ability, Wake doesn’t rebound particularly well. The center (Sarr) is a sophomore Frenchman, but he’s thin and gets pushed around a lot. Very springy, but doesn’t really mix it up down low. Other than Hoard and Mucius, the guy to watch for is Chaundee Brown—wing player and jack of all trades. When he plays well, Wake plays their best ball. Childress is streaky. Turnover prone, but can get hot shooting. Not nearly the player his father was, but he plays a similar style. If he guards JAG we’ll have a definite size advantage there. If they go man, they might put freshman Sharone Wright Jr. on JAG. Longer and more athletic, but apt to get out of position and make freshman mistakes. Decent shooter.

Being a Wake fan involves a certain amount of masochism, and watching this team so far absolutely falls into that category. I’ll go back to suffering along with them tomorrow, but if the Cats show up and play to their capabilities tonight (even without Kellan), this should be a victory. Go Cats!

That is pretty much dead on for all accounts

If you based the spread on how these 2 teams look getting off the bus, how big a favorite would we be?

Back