• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Team and Season Outlook for 2019

There were at least a couple times last season when Hinton was inserted as QB and the first time he touched the ball he scored.

He makes people miss. His YAC numbers could be really high if he is targeted enough.

HINTON4HEISMAN

Sorry, couldn’t help myself.

#HintIn

i'm probably setting myself up for disappointment, but i am super pumped about this

Great news about Hinton. If he stays healthy I predict 60 catches and he gets drafted in the NFL. Just needs a spring and fall practice and some good strength and conditioning and he can be a star. By the way Hinton > Hines

Speaking of Hines. I see he's visiting State this weekend. That's certainly interesting.

Can’t wait to watch him take the end around and throw it deep. He’s going to be such a weapon there for us

As I have posted earlier, I've known Nolan Groulx since he was little and used to coach him. He is one of my son's friends and up until a couple of years ago lived 2 houses over from me. He will leave Wake as the all-time leading receiver - absolutely no question in my mind. If he stays healthy. I have many stories about Noly as we all call him. Fantastic kid, and fantastic athlete and works his butt off. I can remember seeing him running before school and even during the summer when I would go to the gym at 545 am - EVERY DAY. And he was doing this when he was 11. Even in the summer, he was up running before dawn. His dad was also a great coach and very knowledgeable about the game and really brought him up right. Nolan has always been so mature for his age.

Nolan will be a credit to Wake on and off the field. I can remember teasing him way back when about coming to Wake and it's surreal in a way that he is after all. Again, he won't be outworked by anyone on that team.

Going to be hard to become WF's all-time leading receiver when Groulx heads to the NFL in 3 years.

Knowing Clawson, if Grouix is one of the 3 best receivers, he will play a ton. Love to be Hartman/Newman next year.

I'm always wrong, but I think Nolan would stay 4 years. He doesn't need money (their house is bigger than Tribble) and I think he will want to stay and leave his mark. He strikes me as someone who will love the college experience. But since I said that, bet against it. I once did heads or tails at a bar to prove how unlucky and wrong I always am, and missed 10 consecutive times. 0-10

I'm always wrong, but I think Nolan would stay 4 years. He doesn't need money (their house is bigger than Tribble) and I think he will want to stay and leave his mark. He strikes me as someone who will love the college experience. But since I said that, bet against it. I once did heads or tails at a bar to prove how unlucky and wrong I always am, and missed 10 consecutive times. 0-10

You should buy a lottery ticket today, you're due baby!!

Can’t wait to watch him take the end around and throw it deep. He’s going to be such a weapon there for us

Hope to see that too. Grobe used trickeration very well, and even Dooley used that play successfully in 1992 (at Duke, in bowl win over Oregon). Clawson hasn’t used much trickeration yet.

For those of you that think that last bowl game was meaningless, my guess is Hinton’s performance in that game is why he is returning. Being part of the offense and seeing what 2019 could look like probably opened up this opportunity.

For those of you that think that last bowl game was meaningless, my guess is Hinton’s performance in that game is why he is returning. Being part of the offense and seeing what 2019 could look like probably opened up this opportunity.

My guess is the coaches were honest with him that his best chance at playing at the next level is at WR, and that they had a plan to get him there.

Kendall Hinton is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. This is a good thing.

Clawson's next internal recruiting win will be convincing Hartman to redshirt this season, keep developing and getting strong, and not transfer as he will have 2 years of good football remaining when Newman the GOAT graduates.

Back