• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Team and Season Outlook for 2019

Believe Mays was our leading tackler (8) in our opening game against Tulane.
He was Plagued by injuries his whole career. Hate it for him.

I thought Masterson looked slow as safety not only in coverage but thought a lot of his missed tackles were from being late and not being ale square up.Thought he did much better at linebacker/rover. But I am no coach and I drink during games.

Agree.

Luke does look like he has grown into a LB/ROV.By past standards he is rising up into his RS JR season.He’s in that type with Jacquez Williams and Justin Strnad.His tackling has been solid at the LOS.A package player on obvious passing downs.

It appears I was mistaken on my initial take on Shamar McCollum.I think he will bulk up much more.I had him more in the lankier and even higher twitch types like Boss Bailey or Manny Lawson (2 of my favorite historical regional examples).

I am having trouble curbing my excitement for McCollum’s first impressions.I don’t want to say too much..just let it play out but I can sense it.

Luke does look like he has grown into a LB/ROV.By past standards he is rising up into his RS JR season and this should be his “moving” year.He’s of a type with Jacquez Williams and Justin Strnad.His tackling has been solid at the LOS.A package player on obvious passing downs.

It appears I was mistaken on my initial take on Shamar McCollum.I think he will bulk up much more.I had him more in the lankier and even higher twitch types like Boss Bailey or Manny Lawson (2 of my favorite historical regional examples).

I am having trouble curbing my excitement for McCollum’s first impressions.I don’t want to say too much..just let it play out but I can sense it.

Believe Mays was our leading tackler (8) in our opening game against Tulane.
He was Plagued by injuries his whole career. Hate it for him.

Don't want to be the *well actually* guy on here, but Mays was the leading tackler in the Towson game. Had 8 of his 12 tackles in that one.

Don't want to be the *well actually* guy on here, but Mays was the leading tackler in the Towson game. Had 8 of his 12 tackles in that one.

I stand corrected
I knew the team started with a T

Maybe I should file this under useless info, but Bret McMurphy has posted bowl predictions. We're not on it. My Pac-12 pick for our would be opponent in the Sun bowl is USC though. Worst of all, he has Syracuse going to the orange bowl, Clem vs UGa in the natty. So this is what you do when ESPN cans you.

Maybe I should file this under useless info, but Bret McMurphy has posted bowl predictions. We're not on it. My Pac-12 pick for our would be opponent in the Sun bowl is USC though. Worst of all, he has Syracuse going to the orange bowl, Clem vs UGa in the natty. So this is what you do when ESPN cans you.

See if Bret is willing to bet any $ on his predictions.
I doubt it.

LB Corp already taking a hit with predicted started Taylor out for the year. Can we ever go into a season fully healthy?

Back