• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report Gardner-Webb Runnin' Bulldogs - Saturday 12/29 2 pm ACC Network

Hoard looks like he wanted to cry as if what have I gotten myself into. Absolutely horrible loss in a string of horrible loses. Just a terrible hire by Wellman.

We have gift wrapped a negative recruiting strategy to future recruiting competition.

I hope Les and Conor criticize this effort to Manning's face in the post-game news conference.

So Wellman's legacy is going to be that he hired 2 of the worst 5 coaches in ACC history. That is kind of impressive.

Hoard had every opportunity to take the game over and dominate. He is a nice player but overrated

Dan would ask tough questions to Wellman and coaches. But not the guys covering the team now. What a misery it must be to cover WF hoops now.

So Wellman's legacy is going to be that he hired 2 of the worst 5 coaches in ACC history. That is kind of impressive.

I would say 2 out the worst 3. Who other than Bob Wade can compare?

I think we would be a much better team without any coaching.

Normally one would interpret this as hyperbole, but sadly enough its really true. I used to think he was just bad at press conferences and liked to keep things close to chest (since he never has said anything substantive regarding strategy etc in 5 years) but unfortunately he just can't actually coach. Has no idea how to put a group of players together and have them play as a sum better than its parts. Has no feel for games and how to influence games from a coaching standpoint.

Manning talking to [name redacted] about finally destroying WF Basketball for good -

Kylo_Ren.0.gif

Did Ron even interview Danny in person? How was he not concerned about Danny's (lack of) communication skills and intellect? Dumbfounding that he passed the interview, if there was one.

Did Ron even interview Danny in person? How was he not concerned about Danny's (lack of) communication skills and intellect? Dumbfounding that he passed the interview, if there was one.
Danny Manning is pretty smart but it doesn't translate to coaching. He has no clue how to manage a basketball team, especially during games, and he is boring as hell.

Wellman was blown away when Manning mumbled something about "guarding the scouting report".

How do you interview BZ and Manning and think you have someone who can inspire young men??

Danny Manning is pretty smart but it doesn't translate to coaching. He has no clue how to manage a basketball team, especially during games, and he is boring as hell.

What makes you say this? He might be smart but I have yet to see any evidence of it in anything he has done or said.

What an awful post. You’re miserable, 22.

He could take over games but just seems to go through the motions. A good coach would motivate him to play with more intensity. And yes, I’m miserable after 9 years of this shit.

Back