Page 1 of 66 1234561151 ... LastLast

Thread: '19 Special & '20 Congressional Election Thread

'19 Special & '20 Congressional Election Thread

I figured that now that we have finally reached 2019 after a decade-long 2018, it would be good to start a fresh Congressional election thread. I may be starting this thread just so I can celebrate the retirement of my state's long-serving shitbag Senator Pat Roberts.

Hopefully KS can score another statewide Democrat victory, especially since it will come during a Presidential election.

Elite NBA Defender
    I may get a congressman in NC09 sometime in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    I may get a congressman in NC09 sometime in 2019.
    Just as likely that a prison in the district will get a would-be congressman.

Elite NBA Defender
    Pat McCrory considering a run for Burr's senate seat when Burr retires in 2020. Pat's also considering running for governor again, so you never know.

If Kobach runs for Roberts' seat, I'm gonna have to step up my antifa game.

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    Pat McCrory considering a run for Burr's senate seat when Burr retires in 2020. Pat's also considering running for governor again, so you never know.
    I actually hope he runs for something again, because after his governorship I don't see him winning a statewide race ever again. The GOP did well in NC in 2016, and yet McCrory still lost. If he runs, the Democrats will have a great chance of winning whatever seat he's going for.

Punishingly Intricate
    I think Dan Forest would beat McCrory in a GOP primary for Governor.

Quote Originally Posted by AsesinoDeTortugas View Post
    I figured that now that we have finally reached 2019 after a decade-long 2018, it would be good to start a fresh Congressional election thread. I may be starting this thread just so I can celebrate the retirement of my state's long-serving shitbag Senator Pat Roberts.

Hopefully KS can score another statewide Democrat victory, especially since it will come during a Presidential election.
    Please don't hold your breath waiting for that.

Quote Originally Posted by cville deac View Post
    Please don't hold your breath waiting for that.
    Oh trust me, I’m not

Elite NBA Defender
    Politician runs down back staircase and sets off fire alarm and then across his church parking lot to get away from TV cameras so he can watch a football game on TV.

“Hey man” lol.

Probably the last kickoff he'll enjoy as a free man for a while.

Rumor here is that Sarah Smarsh may run for KS Senate.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/10/b...heartland.html

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Smarsh tweeted the Sykes article today.

meh, i don't really agree with that sentiment, but no big deal. I plan to read her book when I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by MHBDemon View Post
    Rumor here is that Sarah Smarsh may run for KS Senate.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/10/b...heartland.html
    Enjoyed this read, thanks MHB

Restricted Access
    Too bad Bob Kerrey and Kathleen Sebelius are too old to run to replace Roberts.

Abrams restocks Democratic lawmakers’ campaign coffers

Every Democratic state lawmaker in Georgia will soon find a gift in their campaign coffers: Abrams has given each a campaign contribution through her newly-launched Fair Fight Action’s PAC, totaling about $60,000. The PAC reported raising about $220,000 earlier this week.

In a statement, she said the donations dovetailed with Fair Fight’s mission of “reforming Georgia elections and building progressive power in the state to advocate for issues that matter to Georgians.”

“These leaders will be on the front lines of upcoming battles over the future of our state and we look forward to fighting alongside them,” she said.

Abrams has set a late March deadline to decide whether to challenge U.S. Sen. David Perdue in 2020 or prepare for a potential 2022 rematch against Gov.-elect Brian Kemp.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever

This is Matt Jones, the Kentucky sports radio host who has considered running for office in the past.