• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dortch projected to be a 5th round pick

His production isn't what concerns me, its his size and ability to stay on the field.

His ability to stay on the field? He nearly died from an absolute fluke injury that could have occurred to any WR/RB...in fact, being bigger could have made things worse. And he missed a bowl game with a broken finger. Any other time of the year and he likely would have taped it up and played.

His ability to stay on the field? He nearly died from an absolute fluke injury that could have occurred to any WR/RB...in fact, being bigger could have made things worse. And he missed a bowl game with a broken finger. Any other time of the year and he likely would have taped it up and played.

Agreed. Greg is in any discussion of “toughest Deacs” imo

He scored two touchdowns while bleeding out internally. The kid is tough as nails.

This. Let's stop this idea that he's an injury risk. Camp was a physical freak compared to Dortch and he actually can't stay on the field in the NFL. Yet he's gotten several chances and he's earned $2.5 million in his career as a 7th round pick.

Greg is training in Orlando, the same location as the Pro Bowl, he posted a picture of himself and Saquan this weekend, and the difference in size was astounding. Greg will not even be 21 by the time of the NFL, he could have used the next year or two to fill out and potentially play a full season. His production isn't what concerns me, its his size and ability to stay on the field.

wait - he's significantly smaller than the guy who was the strongest dude on Penn State's football team? Who just had maybe the greatest rookie season for a running back in NFL history? Who is, you know, a running back, and not a wide receiver?

oh no!!!!!

Is John Collins smaller than Shaq? I think he is! He never should have left school!!!!!!!

wait - he's significantly smaller than the guy who was the strongest dude on Penn State's football team? Who just had maybe the greatest rookie season for a running back in NFL history? Who is, you know, a running back, and not a wide receiver?

oh no!!!!!

Is John Collins smaller than Shaq? I think he is! He never should have left school!!!!!!!

He’s also not that much smaller.

6c07311bb9aa987cee4378cc224c60ea.jpg

I meant being a 3 Down Receiver and not just being a returner.

Tommylee Lewis - 5’7 - 168 / 26 years old / Undrafted Northern Illinois - New Orleans / net worth $2.5 million/ avg 40 time: 4.48

Jakeem Grant - 5’7-169 / 26 years old / Undrafted Texas Tech - Miami / net worth $2.5 million / avg 40 time : 4.38*

Tough odds for a guy who has played a season and a half, under 6'0 tall and less than 200 lbs. I hope to watch him on Sundays, but also, CFL salaries are about $50k a year.

More like under 5'8".

So there is a 52.4% chance he gets a guaranteed contract and a 75.4% chance he gets drafted?

From a guy whose playing style fits the modern-NFL, was an All-American, and can provide a team kickoff and punt return options. I'll take those chances.

No. There is no chance he goes in the first round, or the second or third round. So, based on the remaining pieces of that graph, it's like 50/50 that he gets drafted at all.

he's not going to get taller or significantly heavier, and he wants to play in the NFL - let him go

Are you telling me we can't force him to stay ?

Closer to home is 2015 Duke product Jamison Crowder who during pre-draft was projected to fall between the late 3rd to mid 5th round.

Considered a 4.47 to 4.48 speedster on his 5’8 and 184* pound frame (his weight/40 are current)

His NFL Combine 40 was 4.56

Greg Dortch will get to 178-180 pounds relatively quickly in such an amplified environment - imo

..oh, and Jamison ended up in the 4th round and has earned $4.4 million in his 4 year career per league sources

Tommylee Lewis - 5’7 - 168 / 26 years old / Undrafted Northern Illinois - New Orleans / net worth $2.5 million/ avg 40 time: 4.48

Jakeem Grant - 5’7-169 / 26 years old / Undrafted Texas Tech - Miami / net worth $2.5 million / avg 40 time : 4.38*

Grant was a 6th round pick and neither declared early, but otherwise yes these would be the exact blue prints for Dortch's success in the NFL. If Dortch can run a 4.4, alot of teams will take note. I have no idea if that is what he will run though.

No. There is no chance he goes in the first round, or the second or third round. So, based on the remaining pieces of that graph, it's like 50/50 that he gets drafted at all.

you shouldn't use the graph like that

Are you telling me we can't force him to stay ?

maybe if Saquan squeezes him too hard, he'll come to his senses !

Closer to home is 2015 Duke product Jamison Crowder who during pre-draft was projected to fall between the late 3rd to mid 5th round.

Considered a 4.47 to 4.48 speedster on his 5’8 and 184* pound frame (his weight/40 are current)

His NFL Combine 40 was 4.56

Greg Dortch will get to 178-180 pounds relatively quickly in such an amplified environment - imo

..oh, and Jamison ended up in the 4th round and has earned $4.4 million in his 4 year career per league sources

Jamison Crowder finished his Duke career tied for the ACC total career receptions mark. Dortch played in 20 games.

It's not a helpful graph for analyzing Dortch's situation

some of y'all acting like it's not possible to both pull for Greg to get drafted and think there's a good chance he won't get drafted

Yeah, I know. I was just using it the way the previous poster used it. There's more like a 30% chance he goes in the fifth round and a 70% chance he's undreafted.

Waiting for this comment to be reposed after the draft when he gets drafted in the third round.

TimmyClutch appeared to be using the graph in a vacuum so I added some context at how Dortch's skillset is highly valued in the NFL today and that his percentages are pretty high to get drafted.

I think Dortch goes anywhere between 3-5 round.

Jamison Crowder finished his Duke career tied for the ACC total career receptions mark. Dortch played in 20 games.

I’m just putting up examples of guys that are similar sized with similar skill sets and what they have been able to achieve.

TimmyClutch appeared to be using the graph in a vacuum so I added some context at how Dortch's skillset is highly valued in the NFL today and that his percentages are pretty high to get drafted.

I think Dortch goes anywhere between 3-5 round.

If your favorite NFL team drafted Greg Dortch in the third round you'd throw the remote through the TV screen and scream at the dog.

I’m just putting up examples of guys that are similar sized with similar skill sets and what they have been able to achieve.

Right, but nobody's drafting Dortch on what he's achieved. They'd only be drafting on potential instead of drafting a different player who's got a longer track record of major college success.

Back