• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake guard Brandon Childress confident Deacs will be great

"Country Dan" ... C'mon, man.

I don't know where to start with the halftime show. It was like a cross between the jump-rope kids and a gymnastics meet, with strange music and no established flow.

You forgot to add that it was Wizard of Oz themed. It was fantastic and absolutely bizarre all at the same time.

Hah, doing the best I can do. Hopefully you've been able to enjoy my Bz or Danny quote game on Twitter.

By enjoy, of course, I mean the theme of my Twitter account lately: We laugh, that we do not weep.

Sorry for derailing this thread a bit.

I'll give you a follow on twitter, that game sounds...fun...in a depressing sort of way.

Hah, doing the best I can do. Hopefully you've been able to enjoy my Bz or Danny quote game on Twitter.

By enjoy, of course, I mean the theme of my Twitter account lately: We laugh, that we do not weep.

Sorry for derailing this thread a bit.

Connor, what type of access do you have to WF basketball practices ? IIRC, Dan had almost unlimited access during the Grobe, Odom and Prosser eras. Seems that I have read or heard that Bzz and Manning have cut access off (Clawson only since Wakeyleaks) pretty dramatically. Also, is Wellman giving interviews?

Connor, what type of access do you have to WF basketball practices ? IIRC, Dan had almost unlimited access during the Grobe, Odom and Prosser eras. Seems that I have read or heard that Bzz and Manning have cut access off (Clawson only since Wakeyleaks) pretty dramatically. Also, is Wellman giving interviews?

We can't watch anything of significance in basketball practices. What we can watch is what Les posted videos of in the summer, the shooting/warmup drills, and stretching. I'm almost positive that Country was allowed to see every Bz practice he wanted.

It really is crazy, when you stop to think, that the coach at WF whose program was sabotaged from within allows us to watch practice, but we only get 10-15 minutes of stretching with the other major sport. (I'll add that I watched a 3-inning baseball scrimmage Friday and Walter is always welcoming)

Ron has been nothing but gracious with interview requests. I know that's not what you folks probably want to hear, but that's the case.

We can't watch anything of significance in basketball practices. What we can watch is what Les posted videos of in the summer, the shooting/warmup drills, and stretching. I'm almost positive that Country was allowed to see every Bz practice he wanted.

It really is crazy, when you stop to think, that the coach at WF whose program was sabotaged from within allows us to watch practice, but we only get 10-15 minutes of stretching with the other major sport. (I'll add that I watched a 3-inning baseball scrimmage Friday and Walter is always welcoming)

Ron has been nothing but gracious with interview requests. I know that's not what you folks probably want to hear, but that's the case.

Wow! Not surprised. Thank you for your articles on Deacon sports. I really do enjoy your writing.

I'd rather he be an asshole when he comes to interview requests, but great at hiring basketball coaches.

Conor— the obvious question is —has anyone interviewed or going to interview Wellman about the basketball season? I know it’s just going to be AD speak and nothing negative, but I have not heard Wellman interviewed, unless I missed it. Would still be interesting to hear his comments.

Yeah, probably pretty easy to get an interview with Wellman when he doesn’t have to answer any tough questions. Tighten the screws on him the next time you have a sit down and see how easy it is to get on his calendar next time.

Wouldn't want teams cracking the code to our defense, or dissecting our intricate offense. Both are constantly being adjusted to assure maximum performance from game to game, analyzing every detail of the opponent. If this information were to get out, all of our success would be stripped from us in the blink of an eye, and every other team would start stealing our secrets.

Wellman has no problem with interview requests because he likes human shields.

So, you can watch football practices during the season or just pre-season?

So you’re responsible for the crappy article?

Thanks for clarifying

Really isn't a problem. Thanks for reading.

So, you can watch football practices during the season or just pre-season?

Just spring ball and fall camp. Our practice-watching ended when Tulane prep started, imagine it'll be the same in August this year.

Really isn't a problem. Thanks for reading.

Just spring ball and fall camp. Our practice-watching ended when Tulane prep started, imagine it'll be the same in August this year.

Just busting chops

Good article

waiting for that greatness.......................................................................................

"Country Dan" ... C'mon, man.

I don't know where to start with the halftime show. It was like a cross between the jump-rope kids and a gymnastics meet, with strange music and no established flow.

Sorry, Conor. I enjoyed both articles and read them both in succession. Sorry to mix up the authors. Please ask Ron Wellman in your next interview how he plans to restore the basketball program back to historical competitiveness. Thanks for your efforts.

Back