• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Louisville Cardinals - Wednesday 8 pm ACC Network

lol, i.e., "bless their hearts"

DyHfQ_tU8AAXjGj.jpg:large

Should have hired Mack and kept Dino as an assistant after Prosser died. Amazing how different Wake hoops would be if that had happened.

I do think some of these "Dino and Mack" posts are a little funny, like Dino is returning triumphantly to Wake... Dino almost wasted a decade hoping to get a head coaching position somewhere relevant, finally gave up and went back to being an assistant. Just proves how ridiculous it was for Wellman to hoist that responsibility on him with 12 years less experience in basketball than he has now... The first domino in our journey to a burning Wellman dumpster...

Dino almost wasted a decade hoping to get a head coaching position somewhere relevant, finally gave up and went back to being an assistant.

Speaking of #hottakes...

As of an hour ago Louisville is unable to get to NC and has been grounded for a couple hours. I'm sure they'll get in but an interesting wrinkle leading up to tomorrow.

Should have hired Mack and kept Dino as an assistant after Prosser died. Amazing how different Wake hoops would be if that had happened.

I do think some of these "Dino and Mack" posts are a little funny, like Dino is returning triumphantly to Wake... Dino almost wasted a decade hoping to get a head coaching position somewhere relevant, finally gave up and went back to being an assistant. Just proves how ridiculous it was for Wellman to hoist that responsibility on him with 12 years less experience in basketball than he has now... The first domino in our journey to a burning Wellman dumpster...

Well yeah. But anybody who suggested just going with an interim coach was vilified.

Hopefully the fans in attendance will give Mack and Gaudio a standing ovation in appreciation for their time and service to Wake Forest basketball. The winning ended when they left.

As of an hour ago Louisville is unable to get to NC and has been grounded for a couple hours. I'm sure they'll get in but an interesting wrinkle leading up to tomorrow.

So you are saying there's a chance.

Can we just forfeit this game? Is it even allowed in the ACC? It sure would look better in our resume to lose 2-0 than 88-61

Interesting that people are expecting 25+ point blowout. Then again, the majority thought we had no shot against State. It's a home game. We'll lose, but I'm not expecting a blowout. Probably about an 8 to 12-point loss.

Last edited:
Interesting that people are expecting 25+ point blowout. Then again, the majority thought we had no shot against State. It's a home game. We'll lose, but I'm not expecting a blowout. Probably about a 10-point loss.

This game just feels like the perfect storm to me. Our team leader is talking about how we can be great if we just try a little harder. Our NBA prospect is talking about a lack of accountability. Our coach doesn't have the first clue what needs to happen. Meanwhile, Louisville will come in with emotion that bleeds over from their coaches. It's the Skip Prosser classic, but no one on our team has any connection back to Skip. Louisville does. Plus there's the Dino issue that will likely have him motivated. Unlike the stump on our sideline, Mack/Dino know how to translate their passion over to their players. I think this game goes a lot like UVA...Louisville jumps out to an unrecoverable lead and then we keep it mostly "even", or maybe even put a dent in the deficit over the rest of the game. The final score doesn't look as bad as it really was. Regardless, I feel like this one is never in doubt after the first 5 minutes.

This game just feels like the perfect storm to me. Our team leader is talking about how we can be great if we just try a little harder. Our NBA prospect is talking about a lack of accountability. Our coach doesn't have the first clue what needs to happen. Meanwhile, Louisville will come in with emotion that bleeds over from their coaches. It's the Skip Prosser classic, but no one on our team has any connection back to Skip. Louisville does. Plus there's the Dino issue that will likely have him motivated. Unlike the stump on our sideline, Mack/Dino know how to translate their passion over to their players. I think this game goes a lot like UVA...Louisville jumps out to an unrecoverable lead and then we keep it mostly "even", or maybe even put a dent in the deficit over the rest of the game. The final score doesn't look as bad as it really was. Regardless, I feel like this one is never in doubt after the first 5 minutes.

Dino sure transferred that passion in his post-season games while coaching at Wake.

Dino sure transferred that passion in his post-season games while coaching at Wake.

Dino did a lot of things wrong and/or poorly. Having his teams ready for games, especially big games, wasn't one of them. For that matter, I'd say he made up for some of his coaching deficiencies through simply managing emotions and channeling some of the "let's do it for Skip" passion. No one gets it right all of the time, but hard to imagine lack of motivation being something we'd knock Dino for, especially given what we've seen the last 9 seasons.

Interesting that people are expecting 25+ point blowout. Then again, the majority thought we had no shot against State. It's a home game. We'll lose, but I'm not expecting a blowout. Probably about a 8 to 12-point loss.

This is about what I'm expecting, but I don't really know how good Louisville is since I haven't watched them play. I don't watch much college basketball anymore because the quality of it is really poor and we are terrible.

Dino did a lot of things wrong and/or poorly. Having his teams ready for games, especially big games, wasn't one of them. For that matter, I'd say he made up for some of his coaching deficiencies through simply managing emotions and channeling some of the "let's do it for Skip" passion. No one gets it right all of the time, but hard to imagine lack of motivation being something we'd knock Dino for, especially given what we've seen the last 9 seasons.

I mean, I didn't see a whole lot of emotion in the ACC tournament or NCAA tournament games in 09, when we had 4 NBA players on the team, but your mileage may vary.

Dino was a shitty head coach. Just because he is somewhat less shitty than the two abominations that came after him doesn't require us to ignore his flaws.

I mean, I didn't see a whole lot of emotion in the ACC tournament or NCAA tournament games in 09, when we had 4 NBA players on the team, but your mileage may vary

You're picking out exceptions attempting to prove a rule. Even Duke comes out flat on occasion, even for big games, and K is the best in the game at having his teams ready. I'm not ignoring his flaws. I'm pointing out one of his strengths. Having his teams up was a strength of Dino IMO.

This feels like one of those games where the final margin will be as big as Louisville wants it to be. Though to be fair, I think that about most of our games these days.

Back