• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Louisville Cardinals - Wednesday 8 pm ACC Network

This feels like one of those games where the final margin will be as big as Louisville wants it to be. Though to be fair, I think that about most of our games these days.

Would be a nice homage to Skip if Mack called a "no shots" rule when they're up by 15 with 90 seconds to play.

FWIW, I don't think the L'ville players care that Dino was a head coach at WF, and care even less about the circumstances surrounding his departure (that was almost 10 years ago). IMO, the players and coaches know that they are playing the worst team in the conference, and can win with their B game. They also have a national TV game with UNC set for Saturday for 1st place in the conference. Also, outside of Jordan Nwora, I don't think that this L'ville team has the talent level of the other top tier teams in the conference (which further supports how well Mack and staff have maximized the talent on hand), but I don't think that they are like Duke where they can go through the motions and blow a team out. Also, the atmosphere (or lack of one) will scream that this game means very little.

Maybe the WF players have completely quit and maybe this game will be 25-3 8 minutes in like UVA, but I don't think so. I think it will be close deep in the 2nd half, and L'ville will pull away in the end because that's what all WF opponents do, but in my eyes, this game does not set up like a blow out from the opening tip. If WF didn't have the habit of cratering in every close game, this game would have high upset potential.

Last edited:
Can't believe this game is not on TV in my area. Uverse.

Damn

I'm feeling an inexplicable win. Chaundee and Mucius have big nights. Dare to dream...

You're picking out exceptions attempting to prove a rule. Even Duke comes out flat on occasion, even for big games, and K is the best in the game at having his teams ready. I'm not ignoring his flaws. I'm pointing out one of his strengths. Having his teams up was a strength of Dino IMO.

Dino coached 3 ACC tournament games and 3 NCAA tournament games. He got boat raced in 5 of 6. The exception came when he played a Texas team that had quit on its coach worse than WF.

Dino sucked in postseason games which of course are the biggest games.

Dino coached 3 ACC tournament games and 3 NCAA tournament games. He got boat raced in 5 of 6. The exception came when he played a Texas team that had quit on its coach worse than WF.

Dino sucked in postseason games which of course are the biggest games.

well, wake solved that by hiring coaches that can't even make it to postseason games

Love the pre-game video of the exterior of LJVM: 0 traffic, 0 fans headed in to the arena.

Crowd at 7:30.

v3j05t.jpg

Sarr somehow takes up no space inside. At all.

Childress hasn't hit the rim in the last 14 minutes or so in a game

Sick to my stomach thinking about the fact that Chris Mack could have been our coach and we could be 15 in the nation. Fucking Wellman

Back