• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Pitt Panthers - Tuesday 7 pm ESPNU

Honestly, I can't remember us ever having done this (though I'm sure we have).

Pitt played it just about perfectly, making the first and hitting the second off the front of the run to a waiting tipper. Fortunately chill was sharp and ready for it

That’s good to read b/c fouling with 6.8 seconds left is not the best execution of that strategy.

The biggest negative I took away from last night's game is that I can no longer make fun of State for being the only conference win on our schedule.

DIdn't watch the game last night and just found the time to look at the final five seconds of regulation...LOL....the win was a fluke.

That was a battle of two crappy teams. We really have a lot of talent but our D is so bad. How many times did Pitt just pass it down to someone who was wide open down low? Sarr is starting to live up to his potential. Hoard is a legit talent (only idiots have said he's not lived up to his ranking). Wright has played way above his ranking and Chill has become an ACC player.

But damn, we're so sloppy.

The biggest negative I took away from last night's game is that I can no longer make fun of State for being the only conference win on our schedule.

We're catching State in the standings.

Yeah, but we can still make fun of them losing to us and for only scoring 24 points against the Hokies.

You can make fun of us for being the only win on Miami's schedule.

One of the most memorable, was against State (ranked I believe) in the late 80's (1988?), which we ended up losing in 4 ot's.

I don't think we fouled intentionally in the 94 ACCT semi's vs. UNC, but they did miss the 2nd FT and send the game to OT, which we lost as well.

Rodney Monroe with the stick-back for State at the end of either the first or second OT. Don't recall who shot the FT. That was one of the years we played home games in G-boro.

Love that he remains undeterred and think that he will develop in to a solid player, but Isaiah Muhs' numbers against ACC competition are frightening:

2 point shots: 12 for 38 31%
3 point shots: 4 for 29 14% (always thinks the next one is going in)
All FGs: 16 for 67 23%

To his credit, IM did make the front end of a critical 1 and 1 in OT.

Rodney Monroe with the stick-back for State at the end of either the first or second OT. Don't recall who shot the FT. That was one of the years we played home games in G-boro.

IIRC, rule at that time was only 2 free throws on a 3-point shot so you could wait to foul a 3-point shooter on the attempt. State was down 3, Kelsey Weems took a 3-pointer and was hacked across the arms, and the shot rolled out - it was close to a 4-pt play opportunity. Hit the first free throw. The second hard free throw was perfect for a stickback.

Happy for the kids. It's great to leave the arena with a smile on your face.

Amen! It is good to have this win going into the week off. Don't care how it happened, it is just good for the players & coaches that they got the win. Nice

Before we consider another contract extension after last night, keep in mind we had our 5th year coach, playing at home and eking out an overtime win against a 1st year coach, who's team had not won an ACC game on the road in 2 years (0-16).

Love that he remains undeterred and think that he will develop in to a solid player, but Isaiah Muhs' numbers against ACC competition are frightening:

2 point shots: 12 for 38 31%
3 point shots: 4 for 29 14% (always thinks the next one is going in)
All FGs: 16 for 67 23%

To his credit, IM did make the front end of a critical 1 and 1 in OT.

He'll be fine. Trying to do too much as a freshman but he's got moves and is athletic. A year or two he'll be a really solid contributor. Wright is the massive surprise in this class.

He'll be fine. Trying to do too much as a freshman but he's got moves and is athletic. A year or two he'll be a really solid contributor. Wright is the massive surprise in this class.

Well not to mention his coach's offense revolves around running at the defenders and hoping they foul them.

I understand those wanting to ensure Manning is gone after this season, but I don’t fully understand rooting against the team and being upset with last night’s loss. Remember, in [Redacted]’s final year he beat #4 Duke and that still didn’t save his job. It would take a miraculous turnaround, which given the current roster would only be possible with great coaching, for Manning to save his job. Beating Pittsburgh has no bearing on his future.

I understand those wanting to ensure Manning is gone after this season, but I don’t fully understand rooting against the team and being upset with last night’s loss. Remember, in [Redacted]’s final year he beat #4 Duke and that still didn’t save his job. It would take a miraculous turnaround, which given the current roster would only be possible with great coaching, for Manning to save his job. Beating Pittsburgh has no bearing on his future.

Last night's win? How easy to ignore

Dinger nailed it in the postgame, said we better spend this week working on that zone. Usually play it to keep a team out of the paint but Pitt ended up with 40! Pts in the paint. Happy for the win, shouldnt change the yearend decision.

Back