• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

I don't understand why MLB hasn't announced the start time for Thursday's game. Sounds like it's 5:02 if Washington wins tonight and 6:02 if Milwaukee wins. Come on already and confirm the time.

The Dodgers play the winner of the WC game after the Cards/Braves on Thursday. They don't won't to start the game after 9pm if the Nats are playing because it will make it difficult for fans on the East Coast to watch.

The last time the Braves won Game 1 of a playoff series was the 2001 NLDS. They've lost 8 straight Game 1s since, and gone 0-8 in those series. Gotta get this one today.

Man-Engulfed-in-Wave-Khao-Lak.jpg

I guess you can’t really be surprised at what has happened. Once Greene went to the dugout with an injury and I saw Jackson coming in I figured trouble was brewing.

Welp, we just got fucked. 1B got CLEARLY came off the bag, Albies was safe. Should have gone to extra innings.

Martin getting hurt screwed up his Twit’s plan but he should have had Newk ready for Wong and Carp in 8th.

Snitker will have to answer some tough questions after this one. You bring in Fried and he goes three up, three down. Why not bring him back in the eighth?????? You obviously burned him so he wasn't going top make a start, let the guy pitch. Then you bring in Greene in the 9th and shut the door. Got some tough calls from the 1st base ump tonight on check swings and the toe play in the 9th. But I am not even sure how Melancon made the post season roster. He has never come around and leaves too many pitches up in the zone and has trouble locating. This was a frustrating game but it didn't have to be. Bad endgame managing of the pitchers.

The decision to use Cervelli as a PH for McCann seemed odd to me. The bases were loaded w/ 1 out & Snit opts to use a double play prone batter, They went with an extra position player for the series so he had other/better options. It ultimately didn't matter as Cervelli was struck out on a bad call.

Acuna can be the best player in baseball but this not running out plays is inexcusable and has to stop it could have very well cost us the game yesterday.

Snitker will have to answer some tough questions after this one. You bring in Fried and he goes three up, three down. Why not bring him back in the eighth?????? You obviously burned him so he wasn't going top make a start, let the guy pitch. Then you bring in Greene in the 9th and shut the door. Got some tough calls from the 1st base ump tonight on check swings and the toe play in the 9th. But I am not even sure how Melancon made the post season roster. He has never come around and leaves too many pitches up in the zone and has trouble locating. This was a frustrating game but it didn't have to be. Bad endgame managing of the pitchers.

Horrible use of bullpen. While Greene struggled early on he has been very solid the last month or so and really should be considered the ace and held for the 8th/9th innings. At a minimum you hold him back if you want to use Luke to bring him in if need be with a combo of Greene and Melancon to close out and get Luke out the likely jam he is going to get in. Burning Greene so early and leaving you a very erratic Luke and Melancon was awful. Especially with Melancon coming in the 8th inning. I knew we were doomed then as he is not that strong that you want him going more than one inning. I think Snit only used Fried an inning because he feels he can still use him in a game 4, but that was dumb. Have to jump for the Ws when you can and honestly not sure you pitch Fried if you get down 2-1 and only if you are up in the series given his recent starts.

Horrible use of bullpen. While Greene struggled early on he has been very solid the last month or so and really should be considered the ace and held for the 8th/9th innings. At a minimum you hold him back if you want to use Luke to bring him in if need be with a combo of Greene and Melancon to close out and get Luke out the likely jam he is going to get in. Burning Greene so early and leaving you a very erratic Luke and Melancon was awful. Especially with Melancon coming in the 8th inning. I knew we were doomed then as he is not that strong that you want him going more than one inning. I think Snit only used Fried an inning because he feels he can still use him in a game 4, but that was dumb. Have to jump for the Ws when you can and honestly not sure you pitch Fried if you get down 2-1 and only if you are up in the series given his recent starts.

Agreed on feeling doomed. Honestly, I am not sure how BOTH Jackson and Melancon made the post season roster. While Greene has come around and in to form, Melancon never has. Jackson has been bad as well. I just don't know why Fried, being a starter for most of the year didn't get a chance to pitch the 8th, he only threw 14 pitches. Using Greene in the 6th was a huge blunder.

I think if I had been making the call, I would have used Fried in the 6th and 7th perhaps the 8th as well and then let Greene close it out. Let's say Fried throws 40 pitches or so, that's basically a side session in between starts. I mean, you got 5 quality starters and you're only gonna use three in a 5 game series. You got Fried and Teheran just sitting there. Use them. You have to give up on Melancon at some point, the guy just isn't getting the job done for the Braves. Snitker is a good manager but a bad strategist and probably too much of a players coach.

Back