• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

doesn't help we have 3 guys hitting under .160 in the lineup

Y’all are some huge doomers here. In baseball you lose a lot of games. It happens to the best teams and sometimes you look shitty doing it. We are 2 out of first and 20 games over .500. Chill.

Didn't realize I wasn't allowed to be frustrated. I'm sure it's easy to be calm and collected when you just check box scores every day.

Didn't realize I wasn't allowed to be frustrated. I'm sure it's easy to be calm and collected when you just check box scores every day.

I watch every game. I just post on Reddit instead of here since that’s an actual Braves’ forum.

I’m going Saturday night. It’s Alumni Weekend. Hoping to meet Andruw Jones and ask him about that lesbian stuff at The Gold Club.

I wouldn't know, I watch every game.

Nobody cares if you're frustrated. You're just wrong a lot and your posts are overwhelmingly negative about a team that spent most of the last 2 months as one of the hottest in all of baseball.

Whatever. I don't care that Adam Duvall hits a homer after I say he sucks for back to back K's in the 3rd and 5th. I don't post here to be "right" about the outcome of the game in the 4th inning. But I'll fuck off since I'm clearly disturbing the peace.

Ultimately, I would like to see us grab the best OF, SP, and RP we can at the deadline. Our farm is not good any more but it does seem entirely possible we could be one of those teams who has the flexibility to take on payroll in exchange for impact talent/lighter trade package.

Whatever. I don't care that Adam Duvall hits a homer after I say he sucks for back to back K's in the 3rd and 5th. I don't post here to be "right" about the outcome of the game in the 4th inning. But I'll fuck off since I'm clearly disturbing the peace.

I do not think you should stop posting.

Duvall is a big loss considering we have seen Ozuna in the field since then. I hope AA can work some magic again. Duvall was hitting lately too.

Ultimately, I would like to see us grab the best OF, SP, and RP we can at the deadline. Our farm is not good any more but it does seem entirely possible we could be one of those teams who has the flexibility to take on payroll in exchange for impact talent/lighter trade package.

2b has to be on the radar too. I wouldn’t necessarily say that if Snit would play Arcia everyday, but we cannot throw Cano out there for every RHP.

Hey, no trying to hijack your thread, but we are heading to Atlanta to see the Phillies when they are in town (sorry) on Friday & Saturday. I am hoping that we will still be in the race, but I doubt it.
I am bringing my sons who are in, or just out, of college. Would you recommend getting a hotel close to the park and trying to walk to the games for the 2 nights or something in Buckhead/Centennial park area?? Thanks in advance and I'm hoping you all don't get Soto or Ohtanhi, but would be cool as hell to see them play!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: we’re coming for you @mets

It depends on what else you want to do in Atlanta. I stayed at Centennial Park when they played at the previous stadium, other than once in Buckhead. Now I stay by the park. I have stayed at the Omni every time since it opened. I love it. It is nice to walk to the hotel or hit a bar in the Battery right after a night game rather than fight the crowd.

During the day I can Uber to wherever else I want to go, although they are enough options to not leave the Battery if you do not want to.

Last edited:
Hey, no trying to hijack your thread, but we are heading to Atlanta to see the Phillies when they are in town (sorry) on Friday & Saturday. I am hoping that we will still be in the race, but I doubt it.
I am bringing my sons who are in, or just out, of college. Would you recommend getting a hotel close to the park and trying to walk to the games for the 2 nights or something in Buckhead/Centennial park area?? Thanks in advance and I'm hoping you all don't get Soto or Ohtanhi, but would be cool as hell to see them play!

Stay at The Battery. Lots of things to do there. I would stay away from Centennial Park. I work down there and leave as quickly as I can. You could go down there for the College Football Hall of Fame but if I were in college the battery is where I would want to be.

You doubt it? The series in 6 weeks? Wow.

Back