• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Worst loss in 227 games with UNC

DunkinDeacon

Blame Tuesdays
Reaction score
Wow. We have sunk to the lowest of the lows. Need to pull the plug immediately and head in a new direction. Those of us who donate need to stop. And we need to be vocal.

I remember a time in the past when something like today would have started a page full of new threads. I'm surprised there have been so few "would read again" threads today. Says a lot.

And espn is using this in the game summary that scrolls at the bottom of the screen.

Seriously, flood RW and Hatch’s inbox with emails. Contact each BOT member individually. Demand a change. Stop giving money. That’s the only way things will change. If fans/alumni stay silent now, I’m confident DM will be back next year and RW will be given another shot at hiring our next HC. What a disaster.

Which of our main in-state rivals, NC, Duke, State, put up with this level of ineptitude? None!

I'd just like to thank everyone that started donating again after [Redacted] [AB]. No way manning gets 5 years if everyone that cared held their donations until we saw a real change (wins or ronnie gone).

It also gets mentioned tonight by Kenny Smith when Mugsy comes walking out onto the court.

Espn highlighting the word “demolished” when describing the game. All time new level of b-ball ineptitude

Espn highlighting the word “demolished” when describing the game. All time new level of b-ball ineptitude

I watched a few segments of the replay this evening. I was out most of the day.

Second half, UNC was about to go up 40 and the lead announcer asks Gminski if the game should be called if the shot falls. Like 10+ minutes to go in the second half. UNC missed the shot to keep it a close 37.
We're fucking pathetic.

I'd just like to thank everyone that started donating again after [Redacted] [AB]. No way manning gets 5 years if everyone that cared held their donations until we saw a real change (wins or ronnie gone).

I pitched most of my deacon gear, day after he was hired. (manning) Writing was on the wall, Wellman no longer cares about college hoops. Haven't really watch NCAA Bball much since, sadly.

Simply not the homerun I was looking for.

I watched a few segments of the replay this evening. I was out most of the day.

Second half, UNC was about to go up 40 and the lead announcer asks Gminski if the game should be called if the shot falls. Like 10+ minutes to go in the second half. UNC missed the shot to keep it a close 37.
We're fucking pathetic.

Wasn’t the lead announcer Evan Lepler? He’s a Wake guy.

Anyone supporting the program in any way is part of the problem.

Not one dollar until he's gone.

Seriously, flood RW and Hatch’s inbox with emails. Contact each BOT member individually. Demand a change. Stop giving money. That’s the only way things will change. If fans/alumni stay silent now, I’m confident DM will be back next year and RW will be given another shot at hiring our next HC. What a disaster.

I'm an alumni. I just got a flyer from "dear old Wake Forest" that said something like show your pride in WFU . . . buy a Wake t-shirt. Bull shit! I have no pride in Wake Forest right now. I threw the flyer in the trash. Wake isn't getting my money for anything until Manning is gone.

I wonder is Wake is losing sales for t-shirts, sweat shirts, stickers, mugs etc . . . I haven't bought any Wake Forest "stuff" in years.

I'm an alumni. I just got a flyer from "dear old Wake Forest" that said something like show your pride in WFU . . . buy a Wake t-shirt. Bull shit! I have no pride in Wake Forest right now. I threw the flyer in the trash. Wake isn't getting my money for anything until Manning is gone.

Wake needs to show some pride and fire Wellman and Manning at the very least.

The win moves Carolina's record against Wake at Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum to 15-10. Given the tenor of the rivalry lately (the Tar Heels have now won five of the last six against the Deacs in Winston-Salem), that winning percentage almost seems a little low. Because the expanded conference has left these two teams as relatively infrequent rivals, however, it's easy to forget that there was a time Carolina struggled mightily to win here. In the late 1990's, Wake won four of five at LJVM, and this was consistently one of the toughest places to play in the league, with the spinning pinwheels behind the basket, the incredibly loud motorcycle wheeling onto the court in pregame, the tie-dye, and Tar Heel-hating fans proudly wearing their "Screw Carolina" buttons. The environment has changed considerably, and Roy Williams is now 8-3 against Wake at LJVM.

We don't need a new arena, we need the program back that used to fill that arena with the above.

I like Manning's odds for establishing the all-time beatdown margin in the upcoming game at Duke as well.

Back