• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Notre Dame - Tonight 7 pm ESPU

What Fusiondad had to say is pretty much true. What history has shown is that "teaser" games like the one against Notre Dame happen a few times a season, but are rarely repeated. They usually are followed by multiple games in which the team looks clueless.

Hell, [name redacted] teams took down some giants in the same seasons that they lost to shit-tier schools ranked well into the 200's. Meanwhile, Manning's teams lose often to crappy teams, and occasionally pull off an upset against some of the bottom dwellers of the conference.

Last edited:
It's sad that pulling out a win against the bottom dwellers is an upset. True. But sad.

Of course the night I bet against Wake as part of a teaser (-2.5) and take the under (141) with two crappy teams playing, Wake shoots 50+% and wins on the road. Classic.

Still happy for the kids. It looked like they were having a lot of fun out there.

It's sad that pulling out a win against the bottom dwellers is an upset. True. But sad.

We jumped 13+ spots in KP this late in the season by beating a team that is barely in the top 100. That's absurd.

Love Tuesdays. Winning record(3-2 in ACC play). Can we play doubleheaders on Tuesday?

Very puzzling that the team could play this well in this game but look so bad in so many other games. Still multiple dumb turnovers, but also something that looked like actual offense besides the three man dribble weave.

This.

I ended up turning the game on with 10 minutes left and saw that it was 52-51, and went back and watched it in full (I said I wasn't going to watch). When I squinted, we looked like a mildly well coached team. I still don't see what Jalen Hoard has been working on with his game for the last 6 months. No dribble improvement or consistency on his passes, which is troubling because SOME of his passes are good (some are middle school bad).

Obviously, the biggest improvement is with Sarr. I may have to dust off my Danny big-man coach hat to at least have handy. And Danny has certainly put himself in contention for a bench job somewhere with 4star + big men. Sarr is playing to his strengths offensively, not committing stupid fouls - in short, he is STARTING to show the improvement and consistency that Doral showed last year from Game 1. Good for him. Considering how noticeably invisible Sarr has been through the first 20 games - and that he came to Wake as essentially a poor man's Dinos Mitoglu, it is impressive. And his improvement cannot be chalked up simply to strength and fitness the way Doral's kinda could. Yes, Sarr is stronger, but not remarkably so. He is turning into a ... yet to be determined - but a player who seems to be moving towards an offensive and defensive asset rather than liability.

That said, I found it remarkable that Sarr goes on the best 3 minute tear of his college career and Danny pulls him immediately.

I still cannot quite figure out why Tory Johnson gets anything more than spot minutes. Wright Jr is the future at the 2, but he's also the present. Johnson played better lateral defense than I've seen him play all year, and he can go two or three minutes without being a liability on offense, but he is really in over his head on the offensive end. I continue to stand by my declaration that the ONLY guy on our team that you can hand the ball to with 7 seconds left on the shot clock, and can get their own shot up and have it be a good one is Sharone Wright Jr. I honestly cannot understand why he's not on the court when we desperately need a basket and why our staff hasn't made him cut his fucking bangs. He's gonna get a haircut this summer and wonder what the fuck he was thinking for the last year.

Mucius has regressed as well. We are using him in exactly the spot he's not comfortable. Great job, Danny. We haven't figured out that when we replace Hoard with Mucius, we can't slot him into that spot at the top of the key. He has virtually no idea what to do there. We haven't tried Chaundee there when Hoard is out - I supposed because Brown is our best perimeter 3-point shooter with a hand in his face, but still, that is the guy you want there. Hell, maybe even Smart. Mucius is useless there and sort of miserable as well.

We jumped 13+ spots in KP this late in the season by beating a team that is barely in the top 100. That's absurd.

It is.

But most teams ranked as low as Wake Forest don’t get to even play Top 100 teams at this point in the season.

Only our 2nd “B” level victory this year (NCSU)... That’s pathetic.

Love Tuesdays. Winning record(3-2 in ACC play). Can we play doubleheaders on Tuesday?

Ronnie needs to make damn sure he schedules the Huskies (not Uconn), Spiders, Bulldogs (not Georgia), and Eagles (not Boston College) of the world all on Tuesdays for next season. Danny has cracked the code on Tuesdays. Time to turn this newfound success into a positive for Wake basketball. Make it happen Ronnie! We. Want. Tuesdays.

For you stat heads out there, here are probabilities (based on KenPom) that Wake will lose ALL remaining games or win AT LEAST ONE remaining game:

Win Prob Loss Prob
16.0% 84.0%
6.0% 94.0%
35.0% 65.0%
23.0% 77.0%
0.2% 99.8%
13.0% 87.0%

Lose all remaining games: 34.3%
Win at least one remaining game: 65.7%

Lies, darn lies, and statistics. Time to recalculate in light of our KP bump after last night.

What Fusiondad had to say is pretty much true. What history has shown is that "teaser" games like the one against Notre Dame happen a few times a season, but are rarely repeated. They usually are followed by multiple games in which the team looks clueless.

Because Danny Manning has no clue when it comes to teaching team defense!! Wake up y'all. Notre Dame sucks. Just look at the top of the thread, Pilchard laid it out for y'all. This game had the potential to be close because ND is almost as bad at defending the 3 as we are. The biggest surprise might be that of Sarr, but without Colson, ND obviously hasn't found the interior force they need to anchor their team. We might still only win 1 more game this year. 11-19 here we come...YAY!!

Has Lazcewski hit the wall? I liked what I saw earlier in the season.

Wake Forest vs. Notre Dame: Wake Forest got their first road ACC win of the season by defeating Notre Dame 75-68. Brandon Childress hit on 5 of 7 from behind the 3-point arc and scored 20 points to lead the Deamon Deacons.

Oy, and this is the ACC Network website!! Perhaps we should just go ahead and change the name since that's what people want it to be.

Offense looked better, but ND's defense was also very poor. Happy for the kids, and Childress seems like he's either cold or on fire, and last night he was on fire. Sarr had a breakout game. Good win considering Hoard had an off night. Still think the win is meaningless and Danny gets canned at the end of the year. At best he wins 1 more game against Miami. 10 or 11 wins isn't going to keep him around.

It was annoying when ESPN put the record as 12-12 at the end of the game, both on the screen and the announcer said it. Since when does 1 win at ND count as 3 and at the same time make 3 losses disappear? Don't let the country think this shit show is any better than it is ESPN.

Credit where it's due. I was definitely convinced we'd lose handily on the road (even though this is an atypically weak Notre Dame team) after they looked solid against Virginia and we did whatever that was against UNC. Instead they looked like ass and we looked relatively competent. Even a blind squirrel...

With 10 minute left in the game, the announcers said that Mooney was ‘on the verge’ of another double-double. At the time he had 5 points and 6 rebounds. It bothered me so much, especially since he wasn’t on pace to hit double-digit points or rebounds at the time. I may be happier that he fell short of the double double than of the Wake victory.

Like Jaybone, I also tuned in with 10 minutes to go and the score was 52-51. I was pleasantly surprised and decided to watch the rest of the game. We went on a good run, up 9, and then lost. I thought here we go again, but the guys played remarkably well the last 2 minutes, actually pulling away......at least somewhat. Wright's dunk was great and I love it when our bench erupts after plays like this. Very pleased for the players. I know they work hard and hopefully they understand/remember the things they did to win last night and repeat, repeat, repeat.

Back