• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - NC State Sunday February 24 6 pm - ESPNU

Pilchard

Reaction score
Got to post this early.

The link for the previous report is below.

https://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/30881-KP-Report-NC-State-Wolfpack-8-pm-Tuesday-(Uh-oh)-Raycom?highlight=KP+Report+State

Update: Since the last time WF and State played, State struggled losing 5 out of 7 (State PG Markell Johnson was out for some of those games) through February 5, including the infamous 47-24 home loss to VT. State's play has ticked up of late. They have won 3 of 4, and the one loss was at Cameron, and State was competitive for most of that game. State is currently ranked #36 in KP and need to rack up wins to enhance their NCAA Tourney resume. The Pack are the #5 ACC team on offense and #10 on defense.

State is coming off an OT win over BC during which State almost blew a 13 point second half lead (BC outscored the Pack 21-3 during a late 2nd half run).

Bottom Line: KP projects an 83-67 win, giving WF only a 7% chance of victory. Then again, if someone said, "it you leave your house today, there is a 7% chance you would be murdered"; you might think 7% that's pretty likely, I will stay home. So, maybe 7% is pretty good odds...

Got to think that Keatts and the Pack have this game circled after losing to WF in Winston. The Deacs will have the Pack's full attention, and don't see them letting up. While Pack blow out seems likely, would love to see WF continue the current trend of WF shocking State in both football and basketball. While I hope that happens, I think a reality check is the more likely result. Pack win big.

Last edited:
I think the Pack is going to pound us into the ground. They have payback on their minds and the odds of us putting together 2 good road ACC efforts in a row seem slim, plus the Pack got a wake up scare last night at home from an ACC bottom feeder.

Last edited:
plus the Pack got a wake up scare last night at home from an ACC bottom feeder.

You forget that NC State Shit(tm) dictates that we play to the level of our competition. If y'all are in suck mode Sunday, I'm sure we won't be able to take advantage. The only way State wins by double digits is if y'all foul down the stretch and we make them.

State absolutely was not prepared to play in Winston. If Keatts doesn't have them motivated for the rematch, I'd be very concerned if I'm a Pack fan. I see State getting up pretty big and then Wake making a late run to lose by 10-12.

Through a misguided sense of alumni loyalty I agreed to take our corporate tickets and entertain clients for this game. Not looking forward to it on a number of levels, least of which is having to be on my best behavior even if/when we are playing like shit. Also the last WF/State basketball game I attended in Raleigh was the nut punch game. Not sure if that’s a good or bad omen.

Through a misguided sense of alumni loyalty I agreed to take our corporate tickets and entertain clients for this game. Not looking forward to it on a number of levels, least of which is having to be on my best behavior even if/when we are playing like shit. Also the last WF/State basketball game I attended in Raleigh was the nut punch game. Not sure if that’s a good or bad omen.

Same here. My dad and I were so excited after the buzzer beater we sprinted out of the stadium all the way to our car. I also fondly remember our ACC regular season championship clinching win with JHo dominating the 2nd half after being down by 11 at halftime.

I think we're going to lose this one bigly.

And you guys usually accuse me of being an optimist. Not this time.

Same here. My dad and I were so excited after the buzzer beater we sprinted out of the stadium all the way to our car. I also fondly remember our ACC regular season championship clinching win with JHo dominating the 2nd half after being down by 11 at halftime.

I was there as well as a HS senior. That was not too long after someone got shot in the parking lot after a football game (?) and we were definitely careful getting back to the car. Then, at the car, a (very) drunk state fan wandered up to us talking about how we tore his heart out in there and such. Fortunately, he was just being drunk-friendly and didn't draw a weapon, haha.

I think the Pack is going to pound us into the ground. They have payback on their minds and the odds of us putting together 2 good road ACC efforts in a row seem slim, plus the Pack got a wake up scare last night at home from an ACC bottom feeder.

We just looked lost in the 1st Half a month ago in Winston-Salem with it being the first game Markell missed with his back injury. Braxton ran the point most of the 1st Half in that game, and he is just so much more productive for us whenever he is playing off the ball.

Obviously y'all always play us tight in everything. And I am definitely not willing to say we are going to beat anyone too handily just because of how hot/cold we are at times. The only constant with this particular State team is they always play with hard and with high-effort at all times, but that is the only consistent aspect.

Last edited:
We just looked lost in the 1st Half a month ago in Winston-Salem with it being the first game Markell missed with his back injury. Braxton ran the point most of the 1st Half in that game, and he is just so much more productive for us whenever he is playing off the ball.

Obviously y'all always play us tight in everything. And I am definitely not willing to say we are going to beat anyone too handily just because of how hot/cold we are at times. The only constant with this particular State team is they always play with hard and with high-effort at all times, but that is the only consistent aspect.

That only consistent part is kind of important and why I respect Keatts so much.

Imagine if we had Keatts as HC, things would be SO different here.

That only consistent part is kind of important and why I respect Keatts so much.

Imagine if we had Keatts as HC, things would be SO different here.

Oh for sure, and do not get me wrong, I am extremely ecstatic about the future of the program. Any State fan would be lying if they said they had any type of expectations going into years one or two of this era, and Coach has been able to put very competitive rosters together in both of those seasons. The way things lined up it looked like year three was going to be the year for the first big step, but SKJ leaving the program still leaves a roster spot that will have to be filled in the offseason in the forntcourt.

As a State fan, all I wanted in these first couple years was a team to play with high effort and energy. I have never been so disgusted watching a game than I did that game in Gott's last year @Wake, and we have never seen anything even close to that from an effort perspective under Keatts. You can truly tell how hard he gets his guys to play for him. We definitely have some lulls and breakdowns, but the energy is always there with this bunch.

You guys will find that right Coach for your program, definitely some great candidates in that pool this offseason.

If State college wears black, we win. If they wear the traditional red and white we lose.

When was the last time we had back to back ACC road wins?

The last one I attended, also with my dad, was the josh Howard technical game. We also had excellent seats and sprinted out as we started to be hit with fast food containers and beer cups.

Oh for sure, and do not get me wrong, I am extremely ecstatic about the future of the program. Any State fan would be lying if they said they had any type of expectations going into years one or two of this era, and Coach has been able to put very competitive rosters together in both of those seasons. The way things lined up it looked like year three was going to be the year for the first big step, but SKJ leaving the program still leaves a roster spot that will have to be filled in the offseason in the forntcourt.

As a State fan, all I wanted in these first couple years was a team to play with high effort and energy. I have never been so disgusted watching a game than I did that game in Gott's last year @Wake, and we have never seen anything even close to that from an effort perspective under Keatts. You can truly tell how hard he gets his guys to play for him. We definitely have some lulls and breakdowns, but the energy is always there with this bunch.

You guys will find that right Coach for your program, definitely some great candidates in that pool this offseason.

tenor.gif

Back