• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Travel Photo Thread

What's that? Time to bump this thread from obscurity again? OK.

I swear this is becoming my own personal humblebrag thread, but I really enjoy seeing the images from other people's travels and thought I might be able to spur a few of you into posting some new stuff. Anyway, these are from our recent vacation to Costa Rica. Just an absolutely amazing place. I would go back in a heartbeat.

12180033426_490d3f4a26_h.jpg

12179608855_4614bd8546_b.jpg

12179768695_3bc2873260_b.jpg

12179387545_e7105e619f_b.jpg

12180171214_2099375a1b_b.jpg

12180052166_e0a9ed03e1_b.jpg

12180183426_cd670388ec_b.jpg

gorgeous shots as always!

Was playing with some images over the weekend. Chain Bridge, Budapest (2013)

photostream

Last edited:
It looks like the link is on a site that requires a login, maybe that's the problem?

Wow, amazing pic! Love the black and white.

Not worth it’s own thread but our Photo Lab just started a new service to host images online. Yes I am aware that Snapfish, Tumblr, photo bucket, Facebook and lots of other options are there, but this was created more on the side if you ever wanted to make prints (again yes I realize few do these days). One nice feature and why I am posting here is that you can create a Pro account to sell your images. I have seen some really cool photography posted here and thought some may be interested in trying to make a few bucks on their prints. The pro version is $30 annually but lets you adjust pricing, the share version is free but has lots of cool options.

https://mastercolor.unitprintslab.com/index.php

I only posted because in the past I have been asked by 2 on this board about selling prints online.

Pics from South Africa

Clifton Beaches:
GOPR0266.jpg

City bowl from Lion's Head:
GOPR0315.jpg

Robben Island (Prison Mandela was in):
P1000304.jpg

I don't have any new travel pictures, but I figured this was a good thread to get some ideas about where I should go on my next trip. Between August and October I am completely free to travel before I start my new job. I am hoping to do between 6-8 weeks of travel. I am 27 and have traveled pretty extensively including, 2 months in South America and 2 months in Indonesia, and I have also spent time in central America and western europe. I am a low budget traveler who will likely be traveling by myself most of the time. I travel more for adventure as opposed to relaxation during this trip.

Ok well traveled and talented photographers of the Pit, please help me decide upon my next destination(s).

I don't have any new travel pictures, but I figured this was a good thread to get some ideas about where I should go on my next trip. Between August and October I am completely free to travel before I start my new job. I am hoping to do between 6-8 weeks of travel. I am 27 and have traveled pretty extensively including, 2 months in South America and 2 months in Indonesia, and I have also spent time in central America and western europe. I am a low budget traveler who will likely be traveling by myself most of the time. I travel more for adventure as opposed to relaxation during this trip.

Ok well traveled and talented photographers of the Pit, please help me decide upon my next destination(s).

I know you said you already did Indonesia, but if I had that length of time I think I'd head to SE Asia. I have yet to go myself but know quite a few folks that have, and the backpacking lifestyle works well. Plus, it's cheap.
Otherwise I'd probably go back to Europe, get a Eurorail pass, and see where it takes me.
Both options put you in prime position for adventures.

This could probably be its own thread, or tack onto another travel thread.

I know you said you already did Indonesia, but if I had that length of time I think I'd head to SE Asia. I have yet to go myself but know quite a few folks that have, and the backpacking lifestyle works well. Plus, it's cheap.
Otherwise I'd probably go back to Europe, get a Eurorail pass, and see where it takes me.
Both options put you in prime position for adventures.

This could probably be its own thread, or tack onto another travel thread.

This. Of those I've known who've done it, they really enjoyed Vietnam, Laos, Thailand, etc. As IbE said, very inexpensive.

Heading down to Brazil this summer for the World Cup. Planning to take a few pics while I'm there. I currently do not have a camera other than what's on my iPhone 5s. Should I pick up a cameras for around 150.00-200.00 or just roll with what's on my phone? Any recommendations for a good camera in that price range? Thanks

Heading down to Brazil this summer for the World Cup. Planning to take a few pics while I'm there. I currently do not have a camera other than what's on my iPhone 5s. Should I pick up a cameras for around 150.00-200.00 or just roll with what's on my phone? Any recommendations for a good camera in that price range? Thanks

::crickets::

Back