• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Tournament Seed Projection

thatguy2016

Reaction score
if the following results happen:

1. Deacs lose out at Duke and vs. FSU (more on that in a minute*);
2. Miami wins at home vs. Pitt;
3. GT does not win both of its remaining games (tonight vs. BC and midweek at NCSU)
4. Notre Dame does not win out (vs. Clemson, at Pitt)

then WF-GT will face off as the #13 and #12 seeds, respectively, in the opening game of the ACC tournament, Tuesday at high noon. No word on honorary captains but I'm hoping for Steve Lepore and Anthony McHenry

winner of this titanic showdown will face the #5 seed (either Cuse or the loser of the midweek FSU@VT matchup)

*The season finale vs. FSU may be interesting - FSU should win, no doubt; however they have already lost to 2 ACC minnows (BC and Pitt) and may have their ACCT seed determined based on their game at VT.

ACC tournament action on Tuesday at noon - it's fantastic!

Last edited:
I’m all for getting this over as soon as possible.

if the following results happen:

1. Deacs lose out at Duke and vs. FSU (more on that in a minute*);
2. Miami wins at home vs. Pitt;
3. GT does not win both of its remaining games (tonight vs. BC and midweek at NCSU)
4. Notre Dame does not win out (vs. Clemson, at Pitt)

then WF-GT will face off as the #13 and #12 seeds, respectively, in the opening game of the ACC tournament, Tuesday at high noon. No word on honorary captains but I'm hoping for Steve Lepore and Anthony McHenry

winner of this titanic showdown will face the #5 seed (either Cuse or the loser of the midweek FSU@VT matchup)

*The season finale vs. FSU may be interesting - FSU should win, no doubt; however they have already lost to 2 ACC minnows (BC and Pitt) and may have their ACCT seed determined based on their game at VT.

ACC tournament action on Tuesday at noon - it's fantastic!

2 things in play against FSU: 1] I don't think we can play well against their big guy inside. We just have no answer for him given how weak Saar is & 2] FSU can close out the double bye in the ACCT plus get a Top 4 seed in the NCAA Tourney. They will want to lay down the hammer.

2 things in play against FSU: 1] I don't think we can play well against their big guy inside. We just have no answer for him given how weak Saar is & 2] FSU can close out the double bye in the ACCT plus get a Top 4 seed in the NCAA Tourney. They will want to lay down the hammer.

1. If FSU is focused they crush us
2. The winner of FSU - VT midweek locks up the double bye; it will be decided before FSU comes to Winston

Unless i'm reading this incorrectly, basically we are locked into the 12 or 13 seed unless we beat dook at cameron (ha, ha, ha) or FSU doesn't show up in Winston. I'm sure there are a few scenarios like us beating dook and FSU that move us up, but still on Tuesday.

Even though it was bottom dwellers, BD and GT looked like they've learned how to play together more so than Miami, ND, WAke and Pitt

Unless i'm reading this incorrectly, basically we are locked into the 12 or 13 seed unless we beat dook at cameron (ha, ha, ha) or FSU doesn't show up in Winston. I'm sure there are a few scenarios like us beating dook and FSU that move us up, but still on Tuesday.

Even though it was bottom dwellers, BD and GT looked like they've learned how to play together more so than Miami, ND, WAke and Pitt

Theoretically we could fall to the #14 seed if i) we drop both games, and ii) Notre Dame beats both Clemson (home, Wednesday) and Pittsburgh (away, Saturday), and iii) Miami wins one of their two final games (vs. Pitt, @ VT).

There is no situation where we could finish with the #15 seed.

Sure looks like we have an excellent chance for 14th! Go Deacs!

Any predictions on how ticket situation might look for local Deacs looking to get in to what I’m assuming will be an empty building? (Assuming we get the noon game)

Any predictions on how ticket situation might look for local Deacs looking to get in to what I’m assuming will be an empty building? (Assuming we get the noon game)

I've already turned down tickets.

Free?

I live 1.7 miles from the stadium, work 3 blocks away, and I'm unlikely to be there. Yes, the building will be empty. Wear a Wake hat and wait outside with your finger in the air...some old who is looking forward to seeing "that nice young man Manning" coach his final game and shake hands with Wellman to wish him luck in retirement will hand you a ticket.

Sure looks like we have an excellent chance for 14th! Go Deacs!

It's only about a 10% chance. We will probably lose both games, and Miami will probably win at least one, but it's pretty unlikely that Notre Dame wins both.

"Big" game tonight for Wake's seed in the ACC Tournament between Pitt and Miami.

If Miami wins, they will almost certainly finish ahead of Wake in the ACC tournament standings, sealing our likely fate for the 13th seed is likely our ceiling.

If Pittsburgh wins, there's a pretty good shot that both Miami and Wake will finish with four wins. Even if there are other four-win teams, we would win the tiebreak over any combination of Miami, Notre Dame, and Pittsburgh, so it would be more likely that we'd finish with the 12th seed.

Either way, there's about a 90% chance we end up in the 12/13 game, but getting to the 12th seed would be an ENORMOUS MORAL VICTORY.

Wearing the white jerseys on ACC Tourney Tuesday afternoon means the program is headed in the right direction.

"Big" game tonight for Wake's seed in the ACC Tournament between Pitt and Miami.

If Miami wins, they will almost certainly finish ahead of Wake in the ACC tournament standings, sealing our likely fate for the 13th seed is likely our ceiling.

If Pittsburgh wins, there's a pretty good shot that both Miami and Wake will finish with four wins. Even if there are other four-win teams, we would win the tiebreak over any combination of Miami, Notre Dame, and Pittsburgh, so it would be more likely that we'd finish with the 12th seed.

Either way, there's about a 90% chance we end up in the 12/13 game, but getting to the 12th seed would be an ENORMOUS MORAL VICTORY.

Not going to lie, the all caps made me laugh.

Theoretically we could fall to the #14 seed if i) we drop both games, and ii) Notre Dame beats both Clemson (home, Wednesday) and Pittsburgh (away, Saturday), and iii) Miami wins one of their two final games (vs. Pitt, @ VT).

There is no situation where we could finish with the #15 seed.

Update: There's roughly an 84% chance that we end up as the #13 seed.

Only situation where we can get to the #14 seed is if we lose on Saturday, and Notre Dame wins tonight vs. Clemson and at Pittsburgh on Saturday. Per KenPom, there's roughly a 14% chance of that happening.

The only situation where we can get to a #12 seed is if we win on Saturday, Georgia Tech wins at NC State on tonight, and Miami loses at Virginia Tech on Friday. There's less than a 2% chance of that happening.

All other scenarios, best as I can envision it, end with us being the #13 seed. There's a 51% chance that it is finalized tonight, if both Notre Dame and Georgia Tech lose.

Back