• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Lectro Busy Biting His MyPillow !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listened to a On Point podcast from last week on the dramatic cost in the rise of the cost of insulin and it put me into a rage. I had to stop listening and switch to PMT so I wouldn't be in horrible mood when I got to school. Its shocking and appalling that our country is fine with this happening.

I wouldn't shed a tear if some V for Vendetta like character emerged and slaughter the executives/owners of the Pharma and Insurance companies involved. They're not human.

One really great thing the govt could do is subsidize research into alternate uses for existing generics. They could grant secondary patents on expired patents for alternate uses (like how boner pills were accidentally developed out of attempts to lower blood pressure) that would allow remarketing or marketing of secondary uses. It's way cheaper since you've already tested the drugs and likely have longitudinal data on side effects, contraindications, etc. It's also a win-win for consumers and pharma. Just requires some FDA /legislative thought.

This morning I listened to a On Point podcast from last week on the dramatic cost in the rise of the cost of insulin and it put me into a rage. I had to stop listening and switch to PMT so I wouldn't be in horrible mood when I got to school. Its shocking and appalling that our country is fine with this happening.

I wouldn't shed a tear if some V for Vendetta like character emerged and slaughter the executives/owners of the Pharma and Insurance companies involved. They're not human.

on the same note, the execs from Purdue Pharma. My wife's cousin just had to cancel his wedding because of Oxy relapse and is possibly gonna go to jail due to stealing shit to feed his habit. He went through rehab once before after having to leave nursing school, and seemed to be greatly back on track with a good job and a fiance in residency.

DMV. Not everyone can afford to fly, but most adults will need to go here.

Based on the looks of most travelers it seems like just about everyone has enough money to fly.

You realize not everyone drives either, right ?

I've been pretty appalled everytime I've been forced to go to the mall recently.

This morning I listened to a On Point podcast from last week on the dramatic cost in the rise of the cost of insulin and it put me into a rage. I had to stop listening and switch to PMT so I wouldn't be in horrible mood when I got to school. Its shocking and appalling that our country is fine with this happening.

Supply and demand. Nedick, MDMH, and MHB are buying up all the insulin at an amazing rate.

I don't think there is a better single-place slice of America than the airport

Based on the looks of most travelers it seems like just about everyone has enough money to fly.

You realize not everyone drives either, right ?

I've been pretty appalled everytime I've been forced to go to the mall recently.

right but I'm saying more adults probably have drivers licenses/IDs than can fly since you need one to be able to do the other.

on the same note, the execs from Purdue Pharma. My wife's cousin just had to cancel his wedding because of Oxy relapse and is possibly gonna go to jail due to stealing shit to feed his habit. He went through rehab once before after having to leave nursing school, and seemed to be greatly back on track with a good job and a fiance in residency.

At least they are most likely going bankrupt and will be sued into non-existence. Doesn't punish the execs directly, but it's something.

At least they are most likely going bankrupt and will be sued into non-existence. Doesn't punish the execs directly, but it's something.

What is the punishment exactly? I’m sure they’re not directly liable and will treat themselves to nice severance packages.

The management from Perdue Pharma have harmed the country more than El Chapo. They should be considered kingpin drug dealers and punished as such.

That's terrible. The people behind these companies are worst than any drug dealer on the planet. Their greed and inhumanity knows no ends.

I don't think there is a better single-place slice of America than the airport

That's terrible. The people behind these companies are worst than any drug dealer on the planet. Their greed and inhumanity knows no ends.

yeah and this shit all started after he went to the dentist and they prescribed Oxy. Mom is a minister, dad a college professor; he's a good-looking, smart, charming guy, but these stupid pills have ruined his life.

yeah and this shit all started after he went to the dentist and they prescribed Oxy. Mom is a minister, dad a college professor; he's a good-looking, smart, charming guy, but these stupid pills have ruined his life.

I was prescribed Oxycodone when I got my wisdom teeth removed senior year of high school. By the third day I stopped taking them, because I thankfully didn't like the way it made me feel.

However my experience with ambien (I've been an insomniac my entire life) was the exact opposite, I developed a tolerance very quickly and went from taking half a pill to three in under a year. Eventually had a bad night where I mixed took a pill after drinking and woke up with a giant bruise on my face from falling into a wall when I got up to pee. Threw the rest of the pills away and haven't touched anything like it sense.

Opioids and other pills are scary dude, definitely gonna turn to the green if I'm ever in chronic pain.

Unregulated free market late capitalism. Eat up every last resource on earth, leave nothing in your wake (including humans), and set the planet on fire to get rich. Really fine system we have here. They'll figure out how to fuck up weed somehow.

What is the punishment exactly? I’m sure they’re not directly liable and will treat themselves to nice severance packages.

They won't be able to continue making money from it in the future. Like I said, it's not a punishment, but it's something.

I guess it's just people. People have been figuring out ways to fuck over other people since the beginning of time. Inherent flaw. It's a glitch in the design.

I know this was discussed earlier, but I watched Free Solo the other night and it was awesome. Almost as good as A Star Is Born.

So, like, is Free Solo mostly that dude clinging to the side of the mountain and climbing? Or does it get into all his feelings and his girlfriend's feelings and stuff? I mainly just want to see metal rock climbing.

So, like, is Free Solo mostly that dude clinging to the side of the mountain and climbing? Or does it get into all his feelings and his girlfriend's feelings and stuff? I mainly just want to see metal rock climbing.

Check out Meru or Valley Uprising. Or just skip to the last 20 mins of Free Solo.

Sweet. Thanks. That will save me some time. I'll probably still check it out at some point, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back