• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Zion Done at Duke?

There is zero chance that this wouldn’t come out.

false...there is a decent chance of this being case. duke is very private...with the devil in charge. if they dont want something to get out, it wont get out. wake should take note

false...there is a decent chance of this being case. duke is very private...with the devil in charge. if they dont want something to get out, it wont get out. wake should take note

False...the theory was that his absence due to injury would extend into the next nba season. No way there is some grand cover up that goes from Duke, to the NBA draft, to a franchise. I get it, we all hate Duke. I hate them too, but Jesus fucking Christ.

Coach K says he doesn't really need Bolden. He's such a dick.

Krzyzewski said he is unsure of the severity of the injury.

"I don't know degree, the level, 1, 2 ... I don't know that," he said. "But it's not an ACL, so it's good for that kid."

Krzyzewski also said that Duke has prepared to fill Bolden's role, unlike what happened with Williamson.

"Marques had more of a limited role than Zion or Tre [Jones] would have," the coach said. "We were good today."

Coach K says he doesn't really need Bolden. He's such a dick.

Krzyzewski said he is unsure of the severity of the injury.

"I don't know degree, the level, 1, 2 ... I don't know that," he said. "But it's not an ACL, so it's good for that kid."

Krzyzewski also said that Duke has prepared to fill Bolden's role, unlike what happened with Williamson.

"Marques had more of a limited role than Zion or Tre [Jones] would have," the coach said. "We were good today."

But he coaches for relationships.

False...the theory was that his absence due to injury would extend into the next nba season. No way there is some grand cover up that goes from Duke, to the NBA draft, to a franchise. I get it, we all hate Duke. I hate them too, but Jesus fucking Christ.

while i dont think it is that extreme...i would not be surprised one bit to see zion sit out both these tournys. a knee tweek in praactice. his college days are over but K would want everyone to think its an accident

eta: the dude is jumping up and down on the sidelines...he could have probably returned the 1st game against unc, but realized it was not worth the risk. he blows that knee he loses 10s of millions, and dukes image goes down with the end of the one and done era

while i dont think it is that extreme...i would not be surprised one bit to see zion sit out both these tournys. a knee tweek in praactice. his college days are over but K would want everyone to think its an accident

eta: the dude is jumping up and down on the sidelines...he could have probably returned the 1st game against unc, but realized it was not worth the risk. he blows that knee he loses 10s of millions, and dukes image goes down with the end of the one and done era

Oh I definitely agree that Duke would want to maintain the injury narrative until he’s gone, assuming he’s informed them he’s done. That makes total sense to me.

Who really gives a crap if Zion plays or not? It would be perfect if dook's one and dones all decided to sit out and announced it before next Sunday. Love to see the ESPN dook network spin that.

10s of millions? He's gonna be a top 3 pick in the draft whether he tears his ACL in next 3 weeks or not.

10s of millions? He's gonna be a top 3 pick in the draft whether he tears his ACL in next 3 weeks or not.

A bad knee would impact his second NBA contract which should be in the $10s of millions.

I mean, I agree a bad knee would impact his next contract, but he has hundreds of games to play between now and that contract. That's not a reason to not play if he's healthy right now. He could get injured any day in the next 5 years, and he will be playing basketball on pretty much every single one of those days.

It sounds like he will play again at Duke barring a "re-injury in practice," which I wouldn't totally rule out, but I think he comes back for the ACCT.

The difference between #1 and #3 is about $10M. As the healthy #1 pick, he will get huge endorsement deals. If he's hurt, those numbers will drop dramatically.

Back