• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shaka to Wake? It may be happening

But he can go play in France next year then come back to the league if he re-develops. Unless he values education and hopefully better exposure.

That's extremely rare. I can't think of another player who came to America for some college, went back to Europe after a year or two and was drafted in the first round.

He's got the talent to be in the first round. He needs to be motivated and used properly.

Isn’t Jaylen’s sister signed to play at Wake next year? I am pretty sure I saw that recently on the local news in Winston. I would have to believe that would factor in to hanging around another year considering the kind of year he had based on expectations.

GT has tough engineering requirements for all students IIRC. Don’t know if that was factored in.

Weird list. Louisville above UNC? Duke could be behind both. K is Duke, they will decline eventually.

WF should be above Clemson. Hard to argue with the rest of it now tbh but new admin, the right coach and facilities could get us above FSU and ND. GT seems like it should be so much better consistently, maybe their facilities suck? Stadium seems old.

So much will change when K and Boheim retire. UNC should be fine. Mack is good but he’s not Pitino.

Y'all remember Kenny Anderson getting a C in Fundamentals of Thermal Systems?

The Wake fan in me has me continuing to think about Currie's Twitter post yesterday at Texas. A couple things:

1. Currie seems like a pretty social media savvy guy. He's definitely aware of the Shaka rumors. I don't think he'd tweet that stuff out if there wasn't a real possibility.

2. If he tweeted it out and it's not a legitimate opportunity there's only one scenario in my mind that makes sense (because he wouldn't troll the Wake fan base): He's extremely out of touch with rumors to do with Wake Forest and he tweeted it out unintentionally. This would be a bad sign.

I listened to Austin sports talk radio for the first time this decade. Shaka had his coaches show last night. The guys this morning said he looked and sounded defeated. Their thought during the show was that this was the last one he was ever going to have at Texas.

They went on to say he has had some bad luck, but a loss to Kansas would make Texas 20-34 in the conference over the past 3 seasons and that is not getting it done. They said the conference has good coaches from top to bottom and Shaka has not been able to distinguish himself. References were made to players who left Texas and ended up being successful elsewhere.

Then they started talking about spring football practice, presumably for the next 12 hours.

The Wake fan in me has me continuing to think about Currie's Twitter post yesterday at Texas. A couple things:

1. Currie seems like a pretty social media savvy guy. He's definitely aware of the Shaka rumors. I don't think he'd tweet that stuff out if there wasn't a real possibility.

2. If he tweeted it out and it's not a legitimate opportunity there's only one scenario in my mind that makes sense (because he wouldn't troll the Wake fan base): He's extremely out of touch with rumors to do with Wake Forest and he tweeted it out unintentionally. This would be a bad sign.

This tweet is a very normal reaction in the corporate world, when someone is thanking the people they have had a relationship with for the last several months. It means absolutely nothing connected to Shaka.

On the other hand, Currie clearly has a relationship with the Texas AD, and obviously knows Shaka from that relationship, so if Shaka or Texas is thinking of making a move, we are positioned very nicely.

This tweet is a very normal reaction in the corporate world, when someone is thanking the people they have had a relationship with for the last several months. It means absolutely nothing connected to Shaka.

On the other hand, Currie clearly has a relationship with the Texas AD, and obviously knows Shaka from that relationship, so if Shaka or Texas is thinking of making a move, we are positioned very nicely.

It would seem weird to me to take a break from both a coaching search and your mission to "connect with alum and donors" during the beginning of your tenure to visit Texas though. Admittedly, all this speculation could have a great deal to do with me being a Wake fan.

It would seem weird to me to take a break from both a coaching search and your mission to "connect with alum and donors" during the beginning of your tenure to visit Texas though. Admittedly, all this speculation could have a great deal to do with me being a Wake fan.

I agree. The timing of the post is head-scratching if he's not there to talk to/with/about Shaka.

Just woke up with a Creamy vibe. Not scoop just vibe...I feel that Oats or Shaka will be in WS here soon.

Fuck you, man. Come on. Clawson resume showed he resurrected three different div 1 programs in 4/5 years. It is pretty straight forward. I feel like I am in bad Crossfire debate and you're wearing a bowtie. Come on Tucker, let's not argue stupid shit all day. At the end of the day, you're a douche in a bowtie and I'm a douche not in a bow tie. Let's leave it at that.

Lol. Calm down.

Dude I was just making an observation. It was a defense of the work Oats has done at Buffalo, not a critique of Clawson’s resume.

I agree. The timing of the post is head-scratching if he's not there to talk to/with/about Shaka.

When else would he go back and clean out his desk and say goodbye other than between the last regular season game and the ACC Tournament? The timing makes perfect sense.

We have plenty of wealthy alums and donors in Texas

When else would he go back and clean out his desk and say goodbye other than between the last regular season game and the ACC Tournament? The timing makes perfect sense.

Ha, he could clean it out in June and it would be no big deal.

Seriously, guys? You think our AD-elect tipped his hand, before conference tournaments, by flying to negotiate with a new coach and posting pictures of it all over social media? Seriously?

Here's what probably happened: dude has been living and working in Austin for the better part of a year (since last August), and he went back to say goodbye, wrap up lose ties, and probably start moving whatever stuff he's got in Austin.

All we can say with any confidence (and TexasDeac1 just articulated it nicely): this puts us in a strong position if UT decides they are looking to pawn off Shaka to another program. But nothing more.

Did anyone check flights from Winston to Austin yesterday? Perhaps we can find the plane Currie used and track its recent flight history and stalk it for future flights.

Did anyone check flights from Winston to Austin yesterday? Perhaps we can find the plane Currie used and track its recent flight history and stalk it for future flights.

Suspect it was a commercial flight? I wouldn't think we use a private jet for our AD, unless necessary to keep the trip confidential (obviously didn't do that here).

Back