• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shaka to Wake? It may be happening

I wish the odds were that high. I just don't see it given his contract, or manning's for that matter. Hope I'm wrong.

It's going to be funny how everybody obsessed over this $18 million number when it comes out that we paid $3 or $4 million to buy Manning out.

It's going to be funny how everybody obsessed over this $18 million number when it comes out that we paid $3 or $4 million to buy Manning out.

I doubt we will ever really know what we paid Manning.

I'm still not convinced we're buying him out. Everyone assumes he's gone, but I could see him getting another year. It's another reason why I don't think this Shaka thing is going to happen. To many things against it and everyone getting their hopes up.

Folks, Danny Manning is not going to be here next year. I will guarantee you that.

You very well may be right that he's not here next YEAR. Next SEASON begins before next YEAR, so he could still be kept for next SEASON and be fired before next YEAR. Just saying. You'd still be correct, but our misery would be extended by a few months.

Folks, Danny Manning is not going to be here next year. I will guarantee you that.

804786.f56.5fb2fS7ay1Cm2MjUAAA-650x650-b-p.jpg

Here's what probably happened: dude has been living and working in Austin for the better part of a year (since last August), and he went back to say goodbye, wrap up lose ties

Well played. I hope he wrapped them all up before coming back to W-S.

What’s it gonna take this time? Can we go ahead and propose an entire academic program run by Maya Smart? Or will HATCH screw us over again

I think it has to be reported on some sort of tax form (Form 990?). These nerd accountants know all about it.

I don't think that's true. I think they only show up if they are actually an employee during that fiscal year. Common wisdom was always that both Gaudio and Grobe were paid for multiple years after being fired, but they only overlap with the predecessors on a single 990 each.

Back