• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

mea culpa

Wrangor and creamy were good conservative posters, but left the tunnels, mostly, because the GOP is indefensible now. We didn't drive them away, they left because conservative politics in America is an absolute shitshow.

Pretty sure they abandoned the board due to the "left wing echo chamber" aspect of the tunnels. At least one has told me that directly. I rarely come here now because of the same reason.

I'm about as moderate as they come (insert didn't vote for Trump qualifier), but, if anything, the leftist group-think/circle jerk here makes me sympathize with the pubs more for some reason. My brain works weird and likes to go against the grain. Lectro's shitposting made me less likely to visit as well, but I'll miss his football posts.

If his long cut-and-paste jobs were from various left-wing websites, I would wager a hefty sum that the "weird personal insults, typos, and wildly rambling rants" would have been largely overlooked on this board.

Have you seen how this board reacts to Rj?

Bkf was an insufferable tool bag when he was an ardent Bernie Sanders supporter

Pretty sure they abandoned the board due to the "left wing echo chamber" aspect of the tunnels. At least one has told me that directly. I rarely come here now because of the same reason.

I'm about as moderate as they come (insert didn't vote for Trump qualifier), but, if anything, the leftist group-think/circle jerk here makes me sympathize with the pubs more for some reason. My brain works weird and likes to go against the grain. Lectro's shitposting made me less likely to visit as well, but I'll miss his football posts.

I am sorry to hear that. It’s too bad they couldn’t handle opposing thoughts.

What a bunch of softies. Somehow by the grace of god the liberal “echo chamber” member were able to hang on and not wuss out during the Obama admin and Bush admin (back on the old board) while jhmd and jws and ELC and them relentlessly jerked each other off. Good lord

Wrangor and creamy were good conservative posters, but left the tunnels, mostly, because the GOP is indefensible now. We didn't drive them away, they left because conservative politics in America is an absolute shitshow.

I can verify that this post is at least 50% full of shit.

What a bunch of softies. Somehow by the grace of god the liberal “echo chamber” member were able to hang on and not wuss out during the Obama admin and Bush admin (back on the old board) while jhmd and jws and ELC and them relentlessly jerked each other off. Good lord

Ahh yes back when America was great.

It must hurt to see the party and ideology your parents foisted upon you at birth, that you have cleaved to into adulthood, turn out to be a con game that has been wrong on almost every issue for the past 20 years succumb to an illiterate and immoral con man. Thoughts and prayers

It must hurt to see the party and ideology your parents foisted upon you at birth, that you have cleaved to into adulthood, turn out to be a con game that has been wrong on almost every issue for the past 20 years succumb to an illiterate and immoral con man. Thoughts and prayers
My dad is pretty liberal, my mom was moderate/conservative.

Last edited:
My dad is pretty liberal, my mom was moderate/conservative.

So you bought into that shit under your own volition? Was it the supply side long con that got ya, or something sexier like the homophobia or dead babies or xenophobia that gave you that tingle up your leg?

Last edited:
If his long cut-and-paste jobs were from various left-wing websites, I would wager a hefty sum that the "weird personal insults, typos, and wildly rambling rants" would have been largely overlooked on this board.

LOL. Good luck with that bet. If you want to defend lectro as an invaluable contributor to the board, rather than a plainly crazy person and/or obsessed troll, by all means go ahead, but don't expect anyone to else to buy it. If conservatives need lectro as a contributor, then they're in real trouble.

Have you seen how this board reacts to Rj?

Bkf was an insufferable tool bag when he was an ardent Bernie Sanders supporter

These.

Yep. People need to ask why they could handle liberals under Bush and Obama but not under Trump.

Man, the victimhood mentality displayed here by the “moderates” and conservatives is hilariously disingenuous. If you believe in something, defend it, and you’ll get debated with in return. It’s a message board so it sometimes gets snarky but that’s the nature of it. No one is going to “run you off” if you’re a big boy or girl who can talk about your ideas coherently and even sarcastically. No denying this place leans liberal but that wasn’t always true. This is only a liberal echo chamber due to Lectro and moonz drowning others out with shit posting and a Republican President that is super tough to defend. Conservative voices are welcomed IMO

It didn’t become a “liberal place” until recently. Conservatives either troll or claim victimhood because they can’t defend Trump.

It didn’t become a “liberal place” until recently. Conservatives either troll or claim victimhood because they can’t defend Trump.

Right. It always had a good mix of partisanship IMO

Man, the victimhood mentality displayed here by the “moderates” and conservatives is hilariously disingenuous. If you believe in something, defend it, and you’ll get debated with in return. It’s a message board so it sometimes gets snarky but that’s the nature of it. No one is going to “run you off” if you’re a big boy or girl who can talk about your ideas coherently and even sarcastically. No denying this place leans liberal but that wasn’t always true. This is only a liberal echo chamber due to Lectro and moonz drowning others out with shit posting and a Republican President that is super tough to defend. Conservative voices are welcomed IMO

There are people who insist on holding on to resentment, often inventing situations in their minds that never happened, justifying their bad behavior, and putting the blame on others. They see themselves as the abused party, always quick to take offense. Rarely are they able to have healthy relationships, for they are in reality, the abusers. Their world centers around them, and any attempt by others to appease them, only contributes to the anti-social behavior.

Such behavior betrays a deep spiritual and psychological illness, one that is not easily healed. Such people feel empowered by making other people uncomfortable, and normal attempts at rapprochement often end in failure, for such people are always looking for ways to continue their control over others. Their illness is difficult to heal, for their pride and deep seated sense of superiority makes repentance difficult, for they simply don’t see themselves as having a problem.
link

Back