• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cocktails with Currie - Country Club Casual

Here's his response:

"Dear James,

Thank you for your message, and your interest in and commitment to Wake Forest athletics. I understand your concerns. I will do everything I can to maintain the excellence and prominence of our athletic programs.

Sincerely,

John Currie"

EVERYONE here should email him.

We brought PTI to their knees.....

I get the canned response. But don’t ask people to email you if that’s all they’re going to get.

If Currie’s goal is “maintain the excellence (sic) and prominence (sic) of our athletic programs,” then, no, you do not understand our concerns. Maybe Wellman is handling Currie’s email?

LOL at that response. The more things change. . . .

The Wake AD really needs to go out and find a first-rate PR/communications expert to handle all of their outgoing correspondence. That one move would do wonders.

Maybe I'm giving Currie too much credit, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that his saying "I understand (as opposed to appreciate) your concerns" was his deliberate and well thought out way to convey that he won't tolerate where the BB program is today for long. But it's kinda like Daniel Jones being picked at #6: we can argue/debate what either guy will do in the long run, but only way to know for sure is to let it play out. In Jones's case it may take several seasons, but in Currie's we'll know no later than noon on March 20 of next year (day after ACC tournament final).

I can run with this. Baby steps.

Y'all know Jame's schtick at this point, and you still thought that was an actual Currie response to him?

https://www.ogboards.com/forums/sho...tch-repsonse?p=1004080&viewfull=1#post1004080

Well of course it's a canned response, but that doesn't mean there's no context to what's in that response.
As I said earlier: 3/20/20 high noon; by then we'll know what we have or don't have with the new AD.

ACC Tournament runs March 10th-14th next year, fyi.

Well of course it's a canned response, but that doesn't mean there's no context to what's in that response.
As I said earlier: 3/20/20 high noon; by then we'll know what we have or don't have with the new AD.

I agree, but that's a long time, it feels like.

I'd ask Currie to consider all this:

- Jamil thread video, while certainly edited, is just a terrible look. #culture and his mentor, Wellman and that garbage.
- Jamil backs up the car, and runs that gas and bills it to WFU on that "recruiting trip" or was it a trip to see a girlfriend? Can Currie go back and look at receipts/reimbursals from that trip?
- Did we interview or call any high school coaches from that trip to see if Jamil did ANY recruiting while up there?
- Has Manning commented at all - if yes, I must have missed that.
- Manning is having knee surgery. Yay WF health benefits package or out of his huge salary/eventual buyout for follow up on the other knee in 2 years?
- Hoard isn't getting drafted - ok, maybe 2nd round.
- Incoming recruiting class is not good, although I am hopeful for Massoud, he might be a baller.

Since Currie went to the campus barber shop and saw Lloyd, then ran over to the Pit, I guess prior to the keg party at the DKE house, I'll add this for him to mull over:

Pro Humanitate
It’s about us, and the greater meaning of what it means to be human. Our motto, Pro Humanitate (For Humanity), is a calling to use our knowledge, talents and compassion to better the lives of others. It can mean donating time and resources to our communities or simply a lifelong commitment to pursuing our best self.

Manning hired and believed in Jamil (I presume he believed in him) and Jamil looks like an absolute psycho/nut, certainly not his "best self" in that (edited) video.

I am having a hard time being patient with Daniel.

Yeah, a canned response, from Ron Wellman, in 2012. :rulz:

Sadly Jones was our only assistant with a strong track record of success.

I don’t think that was a recruiting trip though. It was during a dead period.

Anybody picking up some Vineyard Vines Jim Nantz Collection for the cocktail reception ?

NantzHeroLogo_lrg.jpg

CARMEL POLOS

“This is a polo made for the golfer… comfortable and sophisticated.” – Jim Nantz

To be fair, wearing a Jim Nantz shirt is the closest anyone associated with Wake is going to get to the Final Four in our lifetimes. Fuck you, Wellman/Currie/[Redacted]/Manning.

I'll be slumming it at my kids' spring concert tonight rather than rubbing bare ankles and sipping chardonay with the elites tonight. Give Buffy my regards.

I've got a spring concert tonight and I'm going to make it to the reception.

Because I'm a big fan.

Back