• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cocktails with Currie - Country Club Casual

RacerDeac

#iwasright #rjlies
Reaction score
That's about the most Wake Forest thing I've ever seen. I don't have any loafers to wear sockless, leaving me a bit perplexed as to what to wear.

2952a1c960cbead4a6d4835d731b42ce.jpg

Last edited:
And I know you're not actually perplexed. You're jus ttrying to gain some street cred with our more granola, anti-establishment posters by acting like you don't know how to dress for a reception after work.

I've got multiple of pairs of loafers that I can wear sockless, as well as mocs and suede bucks.

I've got so much appropriate clothing for this event that I don't know what I will actually wind up wearing.

You know they used to have Wake Forest events in Charlotte at actual country clubs. Events at the WFU Charlotte Center, Founders Hall, and One Bank of America are always unbelievably sterile.

You know they used to have Wake Forest events in Charlotte at actual country clubs. Events at the WFU Charlotte Center, Founders Hall, and One Bank of America are always unbelievably sterile.

all are full of douchebags

More evidence Currie may be cut from the same mold as Wellman and Hatch

More evidence Currie may be cut from the same mold as Wellman and Hatch

My thought (and concern) as well. There are lots of DC members like me (probably the majority) who will never be "big" donors, but have for 20+ years been lower-level DC members and annual season tickets to football and/or basketball; other than a mass email I've never had any communication with Wellman. Meanwhile, over at NCSU the head of the Wolfpack Club is out in the tailgate lots before a few home games each year stopping by and chatting with "the masses", and a friend of mine upped his membership level a few years back (still only in the 3 digits) and got a nice personal letter from the Wolfpack Club guy thanking him for his contribution, along with a few personal references to my friend's home town with mentions of a former high school coach and a few former NCSU players from there. And some student assistant may have written it for him (probably after the director told him a few personal notes to work in), but the point is that guy "gets it", while at Wake with a relatively small donor and fan base, we eschew the personal approach and go all-out corporate.
I'd be interested to know if anyone of my general donor and fan support level has had a different experience, but that's about it for me . I will give a thumbs-up to Rich Millard in the ticket office; don't know how closely that dept. ties in with the Deacon Club, but he does "get it"; very accommodating to schmoes like me who maybe don't carry the freight buy we do provide a lot of packing tape that helps keep the thing together.

That packing tape line is good. Is that an original?

Back