• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tony Bennetts daughter will be a freshman at wake in august

My serious first thought when reading this thread title and before clicking on it 10 years last removed from caring about college basketball, is that I thought "Man isn't he a little old to have having kids attending Wake?"

1140-fd-tony-bennett-gershwin-prize.imgcache.revddd428c6d30107d77996016fa6ee6f7f.jpg

Maybe it's his granddaughter.
Can she sing?

Wake is a top school and the landing spot for many motivated kids and parents. Nothing to see here.

Wake is a top school and the landing spot for many motivated kids and parents. Nothing to see here.

what sport did she have to fake playing to get in and how much did the Bennetts pay off someone at Wake? :cool:

One first read, I figured you were talking about the singer, then I thought, he's pretty old to have a college aged child.
That Tony Bennett being mentioned on a sports board made me first think of the singer and not the coach of the defending National Men's BB champs, is very illustrative of how our decade of misery has taken its toll on my love for college basketball.

Same.

Did anybody else first think of that dude that did that album with Lady Gaga? That's who I thought of at first!

I almost did, but then thought he was probably too old to have a daughter in college.

I am about to creepify this thread even more, IS SHE HOT?? Anybody got pics?

But so is UVa. Is she trying to get away from Dad's shadow? Do she just want a smaller school? Lots of legit reasons she may be headed to Wake. Good for her, whatever her thinking.

But so is UVa. Is she trying to get away from Dad's shadow? Do she just want a smaller school? Lots of legit reasons she may be headed to Wake. Good for her, whatever her thinking.

This goes back to the "Switerland" posts. She can't go to UVa bc the spotlight too bright. Can't go to a rival school bc too much grief. She needs to go to a school where the fan base is so beat down and apathetic, they won't care whose daughter she is. That's us. Switerland.

Unfortunately, this signals that some don't think we'll be "rivaling" anybody in the next four years.

This goes back to the "Switerland" posts. She can't go to UVa bc the spotlight too bright. Can't go to a rival school bc too much grief. She needs to go to a school where the fan base is so beat down and apathetic, they won't care whose daughter she is. That's us. Switerland.

Unfortunately, this signals that some don't think we'll be "rivaling" anybody in the next four years.

A lot of strange assumptions in this post. I assume she is likely a smart person that chose to go to a great academic school where she thought she would get a good education.

Sometimes, a HS senior chooses to attend a particular school because that student likes that school. Just a thought.

Is that a compliment or an insult?

Just want to know how far to ramp up my rageometer.

My serious first thought when reading this thread title and before clicking on it 10 years last removed from caring about college basketball, is that I thought "Man isn't he a little old to have having kids attending Wake?"

1140-fd-tony-bennett-gershwin-prize.imgcache.revddd428c6d30107d77996016fa6ee6f7f.jpg

What does any of this have to do with Lee Corso?

Back