• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

From The Times

Submitted without comment
60ec14611335b71e25092227bfcf11d9.jpg

Needs to get his shot numbers up but yes, insanely promising.

I just mean if you’re inviting the comparison with Ronaldo

I just mean if you’re inviting the comparison with Ronaldo
I just found it funny because most Rashford haters on United twitter thinks he shoots too much. Morons that they are.

Ronaldo was a raw gem being refined by Sir Alex until he was 22 and exploded for 31 of his 84 league goals for United in one season. Rash just turned 22 in October.

Rashford doesnt have the raw power of Cristiano, but he does have the flair, ability, and is quickly developing that confidence that makes Ronaldo so good. Rash probably quicker tho.

Excited he's homegrown and therefore *less* likely to want to go to a mega club on the continent. Kid is special.

(And I still think Greenwood has all the attributes to be the next one in the pipeline to become world class)

Anyone want to venture a guess the last two English Premier League managers to make it to the knockout stage of the Champions League?

Jesus, great trivia Q.

Haven't the foggiest...assuming Lampard doesn't count for just doing it.

Redknapp and... Sir Bobby Robson?

So Lamps and Redknapp are the only English premier league managers to ever do it. Craig Shakespeare managed Leicester in the 2016/17 knockout stage but didn't take them there. Both Moyes and SAF took United to the knockout stages, but are British and not English. Neil Lennon, Alex McLeish, and Gordon Strachan have done it as British managers outside the Prem.

It sounds as if Liverpool liked what they saw from Salzburg 9 Minamino. Set to join in January on a relatively cheap clause. Liverpool has said they want to be involved in the Asian market, so buying one of Japan’s biggest stars makes sense. I imagine this is the end of the road for Brewster, which sucks because I really liked him and thought he’d do big things.

We're basically signing him for pocket change. Wonderful but of business if true

It sounds as if Liverpool liked what they saw from Salzburg 9 Minamino. Set to join in January on a relatively cheap clause. Liverpool has said they want to be involved in the Asian market, so buying one of Japan’s biggest stars makes sense. I imagine this is the end of the road for Brewster, which sucks because I really liked him and thought he’d do big things.

I'm not sure it means the end for Brewster, I'm more inclined to believe this is a move to replace Lallana or even Shaq. They were most likely moving on from Lallana next summer anyways and it doesn't look like Minamino would be available in the Summer. At the price too, why not go ahead and let him get settled next 4-5 months.

Also, I had no idea they had changed the rules, but Minamino wouldn’t be cup-tied and could play for Liverpool in the Round of 16. Odd rule change.

Also, I had no idea they had changed the rules, but Minamino wouldn’t be cup-tied and could play for Liverpool in the Round of 16. Odd rule change.

Nah, that's been around for a few years. If a team still in CL buys a player from a club that dropped out of CL they can still register them for the knockout rounds. I think you are allowed 2 of these per season.

If Salzburg advanced then he would be cup-tied.

Klopp signs an extension until 2024, says it was partly related to transfer targets and people wondering how long he would be Liverpool's manager.

Klopp signs an extension until 2024, says it was partly related to transfer targets and people wondering how long he would be Liverpool's manager.

Phew, that solves that. Contracts are never cut short/broken.

Back