• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

guitarists and gear

Here's my newest addition. A Line 6 JTV-59 Variax. I now have the complete "Dream Rig" with the Pod HD500 and DT25 amp. It's awesome. What an array of tones I can get.

jtv591_zpsab57b918.jpg

This is a little 5 watt Tube guitar amp I built this Winter past. EL84 power tube and 12A_ preamp (I change this out depending on how I want to structure the gain). Surprising how loud it is...not really suitable for full band gigs, but great in the studio.

Amp_Build_2.jpg

Nice. Looks and sounds like a job well done. This Tele is a home brew (the neck is a Fender "second"). The body is mahogany down the middle and the 'wings' are poplar---drilled out to make it very light. The P90 is from a late 50's LP Special; the bridge pup is a Kent Armstrong. Color courtesy of a friend's wife's auto bump up (the pant was left over from the repair job)...

Tele-Vibroluxe.JPG

That's a great looking tele. I think my next guitar will be a tele.

Thanks. We were able to put it together for around $250 12 years ago or so ...Here's another Tele...my favorite, a Japanese Thinline reissue:

Tele-ProJr.JPG

Here's my Gretsch Brian Setzer Nashville 6120. Any of you guys play one of these? Really fun rockabilly guitar, but can pretty much do it all too.

d0cde367f43be3134100f10bc280b1cd.jpg

71d5672e2c6073e2c1890624872f7be2.jpg

I owned a '68 Country Club once, blonde...loved the guitar, but sold it to a guy in Australia...that's a nice rig there...never been crazy about a Bigsby, though. Love the finish on that!

I have several Les Pauls, but this is the newest of the bunch - a Pelham blue Traditional Pro. I have about 30 so maybe I will post some of them.

DSC02958.jpg

Here's a Les Paul Studio that has been pretty heavily modded. Dimarzio 36th Anniversary pickups and all black hardware and a fairly unique paint job. This is a great rock guitar. Just absolutely cranks.

Studio1.jpg

Studio11.jpg

Studio16.jpg

My favorite acoustic. Guild Westerly D55. Plays like a symphony. Is will be a family heirloom.

D55Guild001_zpsdfcdd935.jpg

Just picked up a used Mesa TA-30 off of e-bay. Was looking for something small and versatile, and this seems to have it covered. AC30 channels (reg and top boost) along with a Fender Tweed, Marshall, and Mesa channel. The latter three can be accessed by footswitch from the AC30 channels. I plugged it in and fucked around with it a bit just to make sure everything was working and it sounded pretty good. Am going to gig with it this Sunday night at HOB and see how that goes.

Any of you guys have any experience with air travel with a guitar? I'm about to go to Seattle for 11 days starting tomorrow and I was thinking of picking up a hard case for my acoustic (my cheap acoustic, mind you) and checking it to bring with me to Seattle.

Any thoughts? Anyone ever flown with a guitar?

Well gents, my house got robbed a few weeks back and I lost my second guitar to thievery, a acoustic electric Taylor. I really liked that guitar but now am back on that market. Wide open as far as brands (have owned Martin and Taylor) and looking for something under $1500. Any ideas?

I have a tackamine acoustic electric I like a lot. But if your in the $1500 range I'd probably go with a Taylor myself. I'm no expert, but I love my friends Taylor.

ETA: that sucks, btw

I want a hollow body like the Gretsch above real bad. Not trying to spend too much, though. Something to compliment my strat.

Well gents, my house got robbed a few weeks back and I lost my second guitar to thievery, a acoustic electric Taylor. I really liked that guitar but now am back on that market. Wide open as far as brands (have owned Martin and Taylor) and looking for something under $1500. Any ideas?

Don't be afraid to look for something less expensive. Honestly, there isn't a lot of difference between an $800 guitar and one that is twice that amount. I picked up this one recently, and have been very pleased with it.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...orming-artist-series-acoustic-electric-guitar

Also, I picked up an SG with coil-tap and love it. So many tonal options, but the neck is a bit thick for my tastes and I have to get used to it.

The Mesa TA-30 is a great amp. Have now played 3 shows with it and it compliments the other guitarist's AC-30 nicely. I do use the AC-30 channel on the TA-30 for clean parts, but I dial back the brightness a bit so that it sounds more like a Fender/Vox hybrid and counters the jangly AC-30 sounds well. On the distortion parts, I use the Marshall channel, which it does very well. A highly recommended amp if you find yourself in the market for a new combo tube amp and have the $ to throw around. It retails for about $1800, but you can pick them up used for less, obviously. I got mine off eBay for slightly over a grand.

This is my Gibson Chris Cornell 335. They only made 250. Sorry for the bad cell pic. This is my favorite guitar now. Does it all.

e223c522a4b7d2d6276460f05e58a568_zps2fd212b4.jpg

Anyone know what blue guitar Jeff Lynne is playing this vid? If you pause it at 55 seconds you can see it.

This is my Gibson Chris Cornell 335. They only made 250. Sorry for the bad cell pic. This is my favorite guitar now. Does it all.

e223c522a4b7d2d6276460f05e58a568_zps2fd212b4.jpg

Cool guitar. Have you played it live, and if so, do you find it feeds back more than normal? TV Jones pickups + hollowbody + floor noise could potentially equal uncontrollable feedback. Just wondering, I bet it kills.

Back