Thread: Homecoming Hotels

Homecoming Hotels

Hi! I did a search, but couldn't find a specific thread on Winston hotels. If there is one already, I apologize.

I am taking my sons to Winston for the first time ever for Homecoming. We are staying with a friend in Raleigh for one night, but I thought it would be fun to stay in Winston for one night so that I could have some time outside of the game to show them around campus, etc. My "go to" hotels that I know if in town are all booked and I'm cautious about booking blindly. My kids are 4 and 6, so doesn't have to be anything outrageously fancy by any means, but clean, safe, etc.

Any suggestions? TIA.
    Last edited by awakegirl; 08-06-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Marriott at the airport (GSO). Drive in?

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    The Kimpton is where I usually stay. Should be good for a kid, they have a pretty fun little game room setup in the basement.

Quote Originally Posted by WFcatamount22 View Post
    The Kimpton is where I usually stay. Should be good for a kid, they have a pretty fun little game room setup in the basement.
    If available, The Kimpton would be a great option. Graylyn would also be fun.

Hotel Indigo opened downtown this year. Hanes Mall area has a bunch of options. Holiday Inn on Miller Street isn't that far from campus and definitely won't qualify as outrageously fancy.

Thanks! I tried the Marriott, Kimptin and Indigo and all are booked. GSO might be where we end up! Thanks for the suggestions!

I despise the Hanes Mall area, but I'd look there before GSO. Several reasonably priced hotels out there with many nearby food options.

Quote Originally Posted by awakegirl View Post
    Thanks! I tried the Marriott, Kimptin and Indigo and all are booked. GSO might be where we end up! Thanks for the suggestions!
    Did you try Graylyn? It's a fun location for kids - lots of outdoor space to run around, plus, free ice cream!

Quote Originally Posted by netflixnchildres View Post
    Hotel Indigo opened downtown this year. Hanes Mall area has a bunch of options. Holiday Inn on Miller Street isn't that far from campus and definitely won't qualify as outrageously fancy.

And it's just up the hill from the Cloverdale Kitchen, one of my favorite breakfast places.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafi View Post
    Did you try Graylyn? It's a fun location for kids - lots of outdoor space to run around, plus, free ice cream!
    I would assume if they're having to look in GSO for hotels that Graylyn is long booked up

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Quote Originally Posted by tagsfan View Post
    [/B]
    And it's just up the hill from the Cloverdale Kitchen, one of my favorite breakfast places.
    Wrong, Cagney's is far superior.

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    https://www.expedia.com/Hotel-Search...oms=1&adults=2

See if this link works, should show what Expedia has as options. If you don't want to book through Expedia at least it will be a good starting point for hotels to target.

No experience with Cagney's so I can't compare. The Cloverdale Kitchen's laid-back neighborhood atmosphere would be good for small kids and it won't bust a budget.

Cagney’s Eggs and bacon is far superior to Cloverdale’s eggs and bacon?

Might try house through Air BnB etc. Got a nice house (3 bedrooms) for barely more than hotel cost in neighborhood near Hanes Mall.

ETA:

That house had a very nice fenced in back yard and a playroom with available toys for various ages of kids. It was in a very quiet neighborhood, on a cul de sac. It was only a few blocks to a major street, so an easy drive to get to other places.
    Last edited by Deaconblue; 08-13-2019 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    Might try house through Air BnB etc. Got a nice house (3 bedrooms) for barely more than hotel cost in neighborhood near Hanes Mall.
    I was going to suggest this. My buddy has a guest house he rents out on airbnb. I don't know if it's booked that weekend or not.

Here it is... I don't know the date of WFU homecoming, so you can search dates, yourself.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1885638...LyI&s=LBsrHrLN
    Last edited by roland; 08-10-2019 at 02:15 PM.