• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Network availability

How much do you cord cutters pay per month all in these days? Last I heard it wasn't possible to get stand alone internet for less than $60-$70, and Youtube TV costs $50. I pay $130 total a month for Uverse TV/Internet with whole house DVR, and get pretty much every channel (other than ACCN) imaginable, the sports package, and HBO/Showtime.

Doesn't seem worth it for me to switch (assuming ACCN gets resolved soon) just to potentially save $10-20 a month. Also unsure if the streaming services get HBO/Showtime, regional sports channels, etc included, or if you have to pay extra (reducing savings).

We were on DirecTV with seperate Spectrum internet, so I don't factor the internet into the cost. In our area AT&T is 25Mbps, so it's not an option. Was paying $186/mo for DirecTV Choice and HD Movie pack (no HBO, etc.), Now paying $61 for Hulu Live + no ads & expanded DVR & $16 to Amazon for HBO (highest bandwidth feed available, oddly), for a total of $77/mo. The constants have stayed the same (IP, Prime, Netflix). Still a huge savings.

Last edited:
Just did 3 week YouTube trial. Curious how long have you been sharing YouTube at different houses? We considered doing this as well but didn't know how well it would work

Have been doing this a month and have friends who have been doing it much longer.

Only will allow three devices to be streaming at the same time so if anyone gets kicked off we also have the Espn app tied to our yttv account and that doesn’t count towards the 4. So as an example if three of us are on yttv watching a football game on Espn and the fourth user tries then the first user gets kicked off but great user can go to the espn app. Or if it a panthers game on Fox the Espn app won’t help but all of us have the indoor antennas where we can watch the local networks.

Have been doing this a month and have friends who have been doing it much longer.

Only will allow three devices to be streaming at the same time so if anyone gets kicked off we also have the Espn app tied to our yttv account and that doesn’t count towards the 4. So as an example if three of us are on yttv watching a football game on Espn and the fourth user tries then the first user gets kicked off but great user can go to the espn app. Or if it a panthers game on Fox the Espn app won’t help but all of us have the indoor antennas where we can watch the local networks.

I meant to say the Espn app does not count towards the three (not the 4)

Thanks the website said something about everyone needing to log into the same physical location every so often i.e. plug in Roku stick on home network. Do you know how often that needs to happen?

Thanks the website said something about everyone needing to log into the same physical location every so often i.e. plug in Roku stick on home network. Do you know how often that needs to happen?

Each of the six members of my yttv sharing plan live in a different location and for simplicity let’s say we live in six different states.

Each Google account in the family group can be registered for YTTV access in a separate home area (zip code). Now, each member can travel and stream YTTV from other broadcast markets, but Google FAQ claims they should at least access YTTV from their respective home area every 3 months.

So my brother in Kansas and me in Texas don't ever need to be together? What youre saying is I couldnt go to Arizona for 4 months right?

I don't know too much about it but my brother made me a user on his YTTV account back in June so I could watch the Braves games (he lives in ATL and for some reason Wilmington, NC is considered Nationals territory.) After a few months of using it (all the while getting local channels from the Wilmington area but still being able to watch Braves games from the ATL area) I lost the ability to watch the Braves; it was saying my "home" area was not in the Braves viewing area. I had my brother log into YTTV, as me, from his home and that immediately reset my "home" area back to ATL without me having to travel there.

I don't know too much about it but my brother made me a user on his YTTV account back in June so I could watch the Braves games (he lives in ATL and for some reason Wilmington, NC is considered Nationals territory.) After a few months of using it (all the while getting local channels from the Wilmington area but still being able to watch Braves games from the ATL area) I lost the ability to watch the Braves; it was saying my "home" area was not in the Braves viewing area. I had my brother log into YTTV, as me, from his home and that immediately reset my "home" area back to ATL without me having to travel there.

Yeah, my understanding is an account gets locked if it does not log-in at the main user account household for 3 straight months. You have confirmed something I wondered - if the main user can just log-in once every three months as a remote user in order to keep the remote user going. So it sounds like that is the case. You also confirmed that a user gets the local channels for wherever they are located; however, they always get the regional sports channels of the main household area.

So my brother in Kansas and me in Texas don't ever need to be together? What youre saying is I couldnt go to Arizona for 4 months right?

Sounds like whichever one of you is the main account holder would need to log-in as the other user once every 3 months. If you are the main account holder and go to AZ for 4 months, it looks like you would simply go into settings and change your home area once you are in AZ. Per their instructions, "You can only change your home area twice per year." Or I guess you could have someone go into your house and log you in there before the 3 month thing locks you out in AZ.

Last edited:
Yeah, my understanding is an account gets locked if it does not log-in at the main user account household for 3 straight months. You have confirmed something I wondered - if the main user can just log-in once every three months as a remote user in order to keep the remote user going. So it sounds like that is the case. You also confirmed that a user gets the local channels for wherever they are located; however, they always get the regional sports channels of the main household area.

All of that is accurate as far as I've found at this point. I've traveled a few times and I've always gotten local channels from wherever I am and still maintained access to Braves games on Fox Sports South.

I assume at some point they'll close that loophole by using the location of the actual device you are accessing YTTV from for everything (i.e., local channels, regional sports packages, etc.)

To follow up on earlier posting...

Took my one digital adapter in to the Spectrum store at the mall yesterday. Only had to wait about 5 minutes before being helped. The lady confirmed I’d have to switch from being a “legacy Time Warner” subscriber to a true Spectrum subscriber, confirmed the digital adapter was the only piece of equipment I needed to exchange (modem/router and dvr were ok) and fixed everything on the computer to make it happen, supposedly. It was pretty easy.

Got home and installed my new digital adapter for my downstairs tv, got it activated.

No ACCN still. Waited until tonight to see if it would become available...nope.

So called Spectrum service and had to go through numerous digital menus, finally arranged to get a call back and the guy looked into it and said there was some “occurrence” on my modem/router that he had to clear and viola—I finally have ACCN.

Allegedly I’m also getting Showtime and maybe a few other things on tv package and the total package (phone, Internet, tv) will be about 30 dollars less than the jacked up price I’ve been paying for 6 months. Actually about 30 bucks more than I used to pay on my renewable twc promotion package.

Altogether it’s amazing to me that getting ACCN took this much effort.

But I’m happy with what I ended up with, I think. Waiting to get first new bill.

It was posted on here a few weeks ago that U-Verse was in arbitration to settle the ACCN question by 9/15/19. That date has passed - anyone seen the outcome reported?

No and now ESPN is telling people that their networks might disappear from DirecTV.

I have the most expensive package that spectrum offers. I have every sports channel that exists, every HBO, Starz, Showtime etc... I pay 180 a month for this and their fastest internet. I can stream NFL RedZone on the Spectrum app without a WiFi connection. After reading this thread and hearing what the other companies put you through and the potential headaches the streaming services can give you, I think I’ll keep my Spectrum. If they ever try to raise my payment I just spend about 30 minutes on the phone until I’m talking to someone who will keep me at the introductory price just to be done with me.

I have the most expensive package that spectrum offers. I have every sports channel that exists, every HBO, Starz, Showtime etc... I pay 180 a month for this and their fastest internet. I can stream NFL RedZone on the Spectrum app without a WiFi connection. After reading this thread and hearing what the other companies put you through and the potential headaches the streaming services can give you, I think I’ll keep my Spectrum. If they ever try to raise my payment I just spend about 30 minutes on the phone until I’m talking to someone who will keep me at the introductory price just to be done with me.

Everyone I’ve spoken with can negotiate back to the introductory rate after directv rates increase but I’ve never heard of anyone being able to do that successfully with Spectrum. If you are able to do that or hear of anyone please let us know.

Everyone I’ve spoken with can negotiate back to the introductory rate after directv rates increase but I’ve never heard of anyone being able to do that successfully with Spectrum. If you are able to do that or hear of anyone please let us know.

That's been my experience with Spectrum.

I could not get anything from Time Warner until after I left them. It was nice getting a call from them begging me to come back, but it was too late.

Will do, I usually just try to get them to transfer me as far up the ladder as I can go and then make it to where they have to hang up on me or give me the introductory rate. Their protocol limits them from hanging up on me as long as I’m being civil and I always keep a calm tone and speak to them patiently and congenially. I think I’m due for a price hike in January so I will report back.

... I learned this method from my Mother in Law from Queens. That woman can get a discount on ANYTHING.

Back