• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Guess what NFL team signs Wolford?

Seattle is just maneuvering for the Clown trade. They can add a QB back after the trade is finished since they are trading two players.

Surprising that JW would not be preferred over the 45 plus QBs on pro rosters...

Yet Brandon Allen got claimed by the Broncos to be their backup QB.

Yet Brandon Allen got claimed by the Broncos to be their backup QB.

The Broncos would sign Allen-- they have no idea what a winning QB looks like since Manning left. Remember the cut Tebow after he led them to a playoff win

The Panthers have absolute trash as their backups but believe that they "will help them someday". Might be a good idea to have someone that could win a couple of games this year should Cam get dinged up.

I so don't understand this mentality. Going 0-3 instead of 1-2 while the starting QB recuperates could be the difference between watching the playoffs and making a run in them.

CMC is great and DJ and Samuel are promising and Third Leg is the man but we’ve got to have one of the skill position situations in the league. Our offense can’t handle any injuries. The season is basically over if we lose anybody.

Looks like he went unclaimed, this is the most likely option since Rams only kept two qbs and Bortles is garbage.

Bortles isn’t garbage but he is a head case. He was playing well to start the year last year before his O Line got decimated.

CMC is great and DJ and Samuel are promising and Third Leg is the man but we’ve got to have one of the skill position situations in the league. Our offense can’t handle any injuries. The season is basically over if we lose anybody.

So you're saying that Wolford would save the Panthers season and keep them in playoff contention if they picked up Wolford, but you're shaking your head over drafting a QB in the third round who needs a little seasoning.

Wolford is a third string or practice squad QB at this point.

No. I’m not saying that at all. Hell I didn’t even remember this post was on the Wolford thread.

Last edited:
Kind of ridiculous that the clear 4th QB for the Rams is now backing up Flacco in Denver.

Is Wolford still on the Rams practice squad? According to this article, practice squad players make $8000 per week ($136k/season). So it seems like a toss up whether someone would want to be a practice squad QB (with a very remote chance of becoming an NFL starter) vs potentially starting for an XFL squad and becoming one of the XFL's best. According to (this article) agents were told average XFL season salary would be $55k but league max would be $257k. Hard to believe Wolford wouldn't be able to negotiate something more than he's making on the rams if he wanted to give it a shot and felt that being a star in the XFL after being a star on the Arizona Hotshots might give him a better chance at a real NFL roster opportunity.

I wonder if he was approached at all, I didn't see him mentioned at all in any XFL articles (even speculative ones) over the last month or so.

Thanks. Any update news on any other of our guys waiting in the wings for a chance?

Best case scenario for Wolford is that Bortles moves on from the Rams after the season (Jags are paying most of his salary this season), as he wants a better chance to start and/or more money as a back-up than the Rams will offer; and then John does enough in practice this season and in preseason next year to move into the back-up role for LA.

There's no way a player would ditch an NFL practice squad for the XFL, especially a guy who already got burned by a startup league.

Back