• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CONOR Football News 2020

Hard not to read between the lines and conclude that Conor was right. Clawson is going to give Newman two weeks rest and play Hartman. Newman will be available. Resting Newman also makes sense for preserving Hartman’s redshirt.

No mention of Herron....sure looked like he tweaked that knee.

Hope it works out, but don't think that Hartman is going to qualify for the red-shirt as long as WF keeps running the QB as much as it does. Yes, Newman will be healthier in two weeks, but given the history of QB health (or lack of health) in the offense and given that WF is expected to play competitive games the rest of the way, think its likely Hartman plays in 5+ games this year. Opponents are going to try to hit Jamie's left shoulder on every run for the rest of the season.

And rest of game ? Did he full practice Monday ?

Thanks

Without re-watching again, which I won't be able to do until I'm home tonight (at the office now), I'll say I'm fairly certain he played the rest of the game. I know his second holding penalty came about 10-12 minutes of game action later.

If he practiced Monday, it's an NCAA violation -- that's their mandated day off (haha). But Clawson said he's fine. This quote:

"We stayed clean for five weeks and, you know, we’ve been on the right side of it and, you know, we lost some kids that will hurt us, but that’s football. Everybody goes through it. You feel more bad for the individual player. I mean, Luke was just playing so well, such a high level." -- actually came after I asked Clawson about Herron, and he said he's fine.

Also saw Herron come off the practice field today in full gear.

Without re-watching again, which I won't be able to do until I'm home tonight (at the office now), I'll say I'm fairly certain he played the rest of the game. I know his second holding penalty came about 10-12 minutes of game action later.

If he practiced Monday, it's an NCAA violation -- that's their mandated day off (haha). But Clawson said he's fine. This quote:

"We stayed clean for five weeks and, you know, we’ve been on the right side of it and, you know, we lost some kids that will hurt us, but that’s football. Everybody goes through it. You feel more bad for the individual player. I mean, Luke was just playing so well, such a high level." -- actually came after I asked Clawson about Herron, and he said he's fine.

Also saw Herron come off the practice field today in full gear.

Do we practice Sunday and take Monday off?

Do we practice Sunday and take Monday off?

Sundays are team meeting, position group film reviews and then a light practice. Not sure of specifics of practice, but I'm guessing they're similar to what we saw on Tuesdays of fall camp a couple of times, which came after Monday scrimmages. Basically helmets only, maybe 10-12 periods (normal practices are 15-22), a little heavier on special teams.

And then they don't do anything on Mondays. Last week, because the ACC made Tuesday its day for basketball media day, we did Clawson presser on Monday instead of Tuesday. Usually we get player interviews before Clawson presser. But because it was a Monday, we couldn't get players -- it's their mandatory day off.

Sundays are team meeting, position group film reviews and then a light practice. Not sure of specifics of practice, but I'm guessing they're similar to what we saw on Tuesdays of fall camp a couple of times, which came after Monday scrimmages. Basically helmets only, maybe 10-12 periods (normal practices are 15-22), a little heavier on special teams.

And then they don't do anything on Mondays. Last week, because the ACC made Tuesday its day for basketball media day, we did Clawson presser on Monday instead of Tuesday. Usually we get player interviews before Clawson presser. But because it was a Monday, we couldn't get players -- it's their mandatory day off.

Do we always practice at 4:15 or sometime in the afternoon? I know under Grobe we practiced Monday's at 7. I liked practicing under the lights once a week. Sounds dumb, but you do need wrs, dbs and punt returners used to lights.

Do we always practice at 4:15 or sometime in the afternoon? I know under Grobe we practiced Monday's at 7. I liked practicing under the lights once a week. Sounds dumb, but you do need wrs, dbs and punt returners used to lights.

I believe Clawson switched to practicing in the mornings, but not sure when. Biggest reason was to free up players to participate in group project work with other students which typically occurred in the late afternoon when they were previously practicing. He mentioned a noticeable improvement in classroom results due to this change.

So we practiced with waterlogged footballs on the last day this week and Willie Taggart says that Florida State just hasn’t had a lot of rain this year, what a moron.

I believe Clawson switched to practicing in the mornings, but not sure when. Biggest reason was to free up players to participate in group project work with other students which typically occurred in the late afternoon when they were previously practicing. He mentioned a noticeable improvement in classroom results due to this change.

So, yes and yes. The Sunday stuff is in the evening, and then everything during the week is in the morning. Friday might be afternoon after classes are out, but that's obviously just a walk-through.

Wake Forest (6-1, 2-1 ACC) didn’t have a touchdown until the second play of the fourth quarter, when Cade Carney surged in from 3 yards out. It came out of the wildcat formation — Wild Cade, if you will — and put the Deacons up 19-14 and alleviated some frustrations of being inside the 10-yard line four times in the first half and settling for four field goals.

*cough, cough*

This Wild Cade formation may have put 6 on the board, but man, I really don't like it.

Great minds?

Back