Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: CONOR Football News 2019

Quote Originally Posted by CONeill View Post
    Man, I'm never making that mistake again!

Much, much appreciated. Glad yall enjoy the film reviews. Makes them worth the time.
    Yessir! Thanks for your coverage!

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Hard not to read between the lines and conclude that Conor was right. Clawson is going to give Newman two weeks rest and play Hartman. Newman will be available. Resting Newman also makes sense for preserving Hartmanís redshirt.

No mention of Herron....sure looked like he tweaked that knee.

Hope it works out, but don't think that Hartman is going to qualify for the red-shirt as long as WF keeps running the QB as much as it does. Yes, Newman will be healthier in two weeks, but given the history of QB health (or lack of health) in the offense and given that WF is expected to play competitive games the rest of the way, think its likely Hartman plays in 5+ games this year. Opponents are going to try to hit Jamie's left shoulder on every run for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by HONDO2 View Post
    No mention of Herron....sure looked like he tweaked that knee.
    He went back in for the next series.

He went back in for the next series.
    And rest of game ? Did he full practice Monday ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HONDO2 View Post
    And rest of game ? Did he full practice Monday ?

Thanks
    Without re-watching again, which I won't be able to do until I'm home tonight (at the office now), I'll say I'm fairly certain he played the rest of the game. I know his second holding penalty came about 10-12 minutes of game action later.

If he practiced Monday, it's an NCAA violation -- that's their mandated day off (haha). But Clawson said he's fine. This quote:

"We stayed clean for five weeks and, you know, weíve been on the right side of it and, you know, we lost some kids that will hurt us, but thatís football. Everybody goes through it. You feel more bad for the individual player. I mean, Luke was just playing so well, such a high level." -- actually came after I asked Clawson about Herron, and he said he's fine.

Also saw Herron come off the practice field today in full gear.

Good news thanks !

Much appreciated as always, DeacAssured.

Here's an additional notebook on a few items of note that won't make the preview story (which is coming later today).

Without re-watching again, which I won't be able to do until I'm home tonight (at the office now), I'll say I'm fairly certain he played the rest of the game. I know his second holding penalty came about 10-12 minutes of game action later.

If he practiced Monday, it's an NCAA violation -- that's their mandated day off (haha). But Clawson said he's fine. This quote:

"We stayed clean for five weeks and, you know, weíve been on the right side of it and, you know, we lost some kids that will hurt us, but thatís football. Everybody goes through it. You feel more bad for the individual player. I mean, Luke was just playing so well, such a high level." -- actually came after I asked Clawson about Herron, and he said he's fine.

Also saw Herron come off the practice field today in full gear.
    Do we practice Sunday and take Monday off?

Quote Originally Posted by bernbp5 View Post
    Do we practice Sunday and take Monday off?
    Sundays are team meeting, position group film reviews and then a light practice. Not sure of specifics of practice, but I'm guessing they're similar to what we saw on Tuesdays of fall camp a couple of times, which came after Monday scrimmages. Basically helmets only, maybe 10-12 periods (normal practices are 15-22), a little heavier on special teams.

And then they don't do anything on Mondays. Last week, because the ACC made Tuesday its day for basketball media day, we did Clawson presser on Monday instead of Tuesday. Usually we get player interviews before Clawson presser. But because it was a Monday, we couldn't get players -- it's their mandatory day off.

Sundays are team meeting, position group film reviews and then a light practice. Not sure of specifics of practice, but I'm guessing they're similar to what we saw on Tuesdays of fall camp a couple of times, which came after Monday scrimmages. Basically helmets only, maybe 10-12 periods (normal practices are 15-22), a little heavier on special teams.

And then they don't do anything on Mondays. Last week, because the ACC made Tuesday its day for basketball media day, we did Clawson presser on Monday instead of Tuesday. Usually we get player interviews before Clawson presser. But because it was a Monday, we couldn't get players -- it's their mandatory day off.
    Do we always practice at 4:15 or sometime in the afternoon? I know under Grobe we practiced Monday's at 7. I liked practicing under the lights once a week. Sounds dumb, but you do need wrs, dbs and punt returners used to lights.

Do we always practice at 4:15 or sometime in the afternoon? I know under Grobe we practiced Monday's at 7. I liked practicing under the lights once a week. Sounds dumb, but you do need wrs, dbs and punt returners used to lights.
    I believe Clawson switched to practicing in the mornings, but not sure when. Biggest reason was to free up players to participate in group project work with other students which typically occurred in the late afternoon when they were previously practicing. He mentioned a noticeable improvement in classroom results due to this change.

So we practiced with waterlogged footballs on the last day this week and Willie Taggart says that Florida State just hasnít had a lot of rain this year, what a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadthedeacs View Post
    I believe Clawson switched to practicing in the mornings, but not sure when. Biggest reason was to free up players to participate in group project work with other students which typically occurred in the late afternoon when they were previously practicing. He mentioned a noticeable improvement in classroom results due to this change.
    So, yes and yes. The Sunday stuff is in the evening, and then everything during the week is in the morning. Friday might be afternoon after classes are out, but that's obviously just a walk-through.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Wake Forest (6-1, 2-1 ACC) didnít have a touchdown until the second play of the fourth quarter, when Cade Carney surged in from 3 yards out. It came out of the wildcat formation ó Wild Cade, if you will ó and put the Deacons up 19-14 and alleviated some frustrations of being inside the 10-yard line four times in the first half and settling for four field goals.
    *cough, cough*

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    This Wild Cade formation may have put 6 on the board, but man, I really don't like it.
    Great minds?