• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: 10s: HOF, 20s: kid kungfu sphincter paralysis, 50: Chick-fill-A-hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
the gun violence situation is just really, really shitty

more guns than people in this country

Had a good visit to DC weekend before last. We rented kayaks and hung out by the water for a bit, ride bikes around and walked most of the monuments, went to Call Your Mother Deli and Chicken + Whiskey which had a very solid whiskey selection. Felt like there were a TON of homeless people in that 14th St corridor.

This is a solid DC trip. Call Your Mother is so good (and three blocks from me). If you go a couple blocks north of there on Georgia there are two outstanding beer halls, Midlands (where I watch Wake games) and Hook Hall.

I was vegetarian growing up and my mom would make carrot soup for Thanksgiving, so there you go, another soup -- Carrot.

Also, I never watched True Blood, but Lizzy Caplan got topless in it I heard, so that's a winner for me.

Boss is out on religious holiday today -- strongly considering being very lazy and surfing the internets all day. There is some A/V preservation reading material I can read, I guess. Thrilling.

This is a solid DC trip. Call Your Mother is so good (and three blocks from me). If you go a couple blocks north of there on Georgia there are two outstanding beer halls, Midlands (where I watch Wake games) and Hook Hall.

Nice, thanks for the advice! It was def a good but short trip. Drove up Friday and left Sunday afternoon so it was a pretty packed weekend.

I really loved it, and we were I think in a different part than Townie. Really close to East Capitol Street, Eastern Market and Union Station. Also loved living in Adams Morgan and am jealous of all the great restaurants that have opened there since we moved.

I just moved to Adams Morgan. I’m enjoying it so far.

Was just apprised of the fact that this is a long weekend. Nice.

we don't get it off

I wonder which holiday is closest to a 50/50 split on those get it off vs. those that don't

prob that and Veterans Day, neither of which we get. also in the South a lot of people get Good Friday (for us it's a flexible holiday).

going LA to DC has got to be a bit of an adjustment

No doubt. It’s only a temporary move, but it’s nice to be close to family, getting to walk to work, etc. At some point, though, I would love to live in a less expensive city. DC is somehow more expensive than LA so far.

Tail Up Goat is probably my favorite nice dinner in the neighborhood. The Line Hotel places are a little showy for me.

If you like whiskey and have some money to spend, Jack Rose is an excellent establishment.

If you keep walking up from Adams Morgan past Federalist Pig (good), in Mt Pleasant, Suns Cinema is a cool place to see an old movie and Raven Grill is a great dive bar.

we don't get it off

I wonder which holiday is closest to a 50/50 split on those get it off vs. those that don't

Agreeing with Barca. Feel like Columbus Day has got to be at or near the top. I never even remember that it’s a holiday.

Tail Up Goat is probably my favorite nice dinner in the neighborhood. The Line Hotel places are a little showy for me.

If you like whiskey and have some money to spend, Jack Rose is an excellent establishment.

If you keep walking up from Adams Morgan past Federalist Pig (good), in Mt Pleasant, Suns Cinema is a cool place to see an old movie and Raven Grill is a great dive bar.

Dang, I want to go to all these spots. Tail Up Goat was really great. I still can’t believe that such a nice restaurant is tucked between two gaudy condo buildings and a Philz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back