Page 5 of 141 FirstFirst 123456789101555105 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 2806

Thread: Donald Impeachment

  1. #81
    Who's read the complaint?

    The most damning part to me is the attempts to suppress the records of the call within days of it having been made. It sounds like White House attorneys realized right away how bad Trump fucked up and moved quickly to cover his tracks.

    It's pretty easy to see why Conservatives looked at it yesterday and started to act like it's not that big of a deal. The complainant didn't listen to the actual call and repeatedly cites getting info 2nd hand from multiple unnamed sources. Only one person specifically named, however I suspect the other names are part of the still classified part of the report. At the very least they should have public hearings calling in each of the sources.

    You can bank on someone like Jim Jordan or Kevin McCarthy getting up there today and giving a verbatim reading of the paragraph where he states he didn't hear the call. That will be the spin on this.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
    Who's read the complaint?

    The most damning part to me is the attempts to suppress the records of the call within days of it having been made. It sounds like White House attorneys realized right away how bad Trump fucked up and moved quickly to cover his tracks.

    It's pretty easy to see why Conservatives looked at it yesterday and started to act like it's not that big of a deal. The complainant didn't listen to the actual call and repeatedly cites getting info 2nd hand from multiple unnamed sources. Only one person specifically named, however I suspect the other names are part of the still classified part of the report. At the very least they should have public hearings calling in each of the sources.

    You can bank on someone like Jim Jordan or Kevin McCarthy getting up there today and giving a verbatim reading of the paragraph where he states he didn't hear the call. That will be the spin on this.
    I read it and I agree. Just like with Watergate and numerous other public and private scandals, the coverup is more damning than the crime. They could spin Trump's word salad on the call into "he didn't really mean it" or whatever, but intentionally abusing a classified government computer system as part of an intentional coverup is a different matter.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon923 View Post
    Hmmm... anyone know who is third in line under the Presidential Succession Act?
    That would be the single worst outcome of all of this. Seeing a female democrat replace Trump and Pence would likely push some of the right wing nut jobs over the edge. And they already are clutching their precious guns for dear life.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
    That would be the single worst outcome of all of this. Seeing a female democrat replace Trump and Pence would likely push some of the right wing nut jobs over the edge. And they already are clutching their precious guns for dear life.
    I agree. Was just trolling. In any case I think Pence's entire agenda as VP has been plausible deniability. Hear nothing, see nothing, say nothing.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon923 View Post
    I read it and I agree. Just like with Watergate and numerous other public and private scandals, the coverup is more damning than the crime. They could spin Trump's word salad on the call into "he didn't really mean it" or whatever, but intentionally abusing a classified government computer system as part of an intentional coverup is a different matter.
    "All I did was store private communications on a secure server, just like Hillary did..."

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
    That would be the single worst outcome of all of this. Seeing a female democrat replace Trump and Pence would likely push some of the right wing nut jobs over the edge. And they already are clutching their precious guns for dear life.
    again, this.

    being a registered Republican, I have no idea what happened to my (old) party. They are just scraping up the bottom of the barrel and believe they can lie to them because they will not question anything. it's fucking sad

  7. #87
    Yeah GOP will stress that the whistleblower didn't sit in on the phone call. Best response for that as evidence that the whistleblower spoke with several people in the room during the call is that the whistleblower's complaint sets forth basically the same conversation that Donald and company released yesterday. Confirms the whistleblower's credibility.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon923 View Post
    I read it and I agree. Just like with Watergate and numerous other public and private scandals, the coverup is more damning than the crime. They could spin Trump's word salad on the call into "he didn't really mean it" or whatever, but intentionally abusing a classified government computer system as part of an intentional coverup is a different matter.
    Nahhhhhh. The crime is pretty bad in and of itself, hence the coverup.

  9. #89

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by MichDeac25 View Post
    Nahhhhhh. The crime is pretty bad in and of itself, hence the coverup.
    That wasnít true for Watergate either.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    That wasnít true for Watergate either.
    The cover up is easier to prove.
    Birds are real.

  12. #92
    Dickie Hemric
    sailordeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Liver than you'll ever be
    Posts
    13,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeforest22890 View Post
    Do you believe Donald's conduct is impeachable regarding Ukraine and his phone call? Have you had an opportunity to read the whistleblower complaint or haven't quite gotten there yet after InfoWars, Breitbart, and Fox?
    yeah, I have read both the transcript of the phone call and the whistleblower's formal complaint

    go ahead and impeach, success is assured

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by sailordeac View Post
    yeah, I have read both the transcript of the phone call and the whistleblower's formal complaint

    go ahead and impeach, success is assured
    Do you believe he should be impeached. Yes or no?

  14. #94
    Never Murdered My FIL
    Deacfreak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    64,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
    Do you believe he should be impeached. Yes or no?
    lol

  15. #95
    If you had Devin Nunes as the toadie that would play the "it's just hearsay" card first, you win.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeforest22890 View Post
    Yeah sounds like there's an electronic transcript that they stored with sensitive information in violation of protocol.

    Is there a dumber Representative than Devin Nunes? I mean a total moron.
    Seriously. Just listened to his opening remarks. Sounded like Sailor wrote them.

  17. #97
    Dickie Hemric
    sailordeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Liver than you'll ever be
    Posts
    13,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
    Do you believe he should be impeached. Yes or no?
    yes, of course, go ahead and do it

  18. #98
    Ricky Peral TimmyClutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Being a Portu-guy
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by sailordeac View Post
    such astute money managers that even Whitey Bulger's relatives want a piece of the action
    You mean the son of former Massachusetts Senate President and President of UMASS William Bulger? Heaven's to Betsy, what scum must Biden be to acquaint himself with such lowbrow sons of Democratic politicians. Someone grab me my feinting couch, I am growing light headed from clutching my pearls.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeforest22890 View Post
    Yeah GOP will stress that the whistleblower didn't sit in on the phone call. Best response for that as evidence that the whistleblower spoke with several people in the room during the call is that the whistleblower's complaint sets forth basically the same conversation that Donald and company released yesterday. Confirms the whistleblower's credibility.
    having read the complaint, I don't see how that helps them at all. The transcript of the call, and there's probably a recording or verbatim transcript somewhere, makes that irrelevant. And the complaint also alleges abuse of classified computer systems which is easily proven. Attacking the whistleblower isn't going to help them. They have to pivot to arguing "so what" which is exactly what Trump and Co. are already doing. I expect Nunes to get his marching orders and follow along in short order.

  20. #100
    Dickie Hemric
    sailordeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Liver than you'll ever be
    Posts
    13,198
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyClutch View Post
    You mean the son of former Massachusetts Senate President and President of UMASS William Bulger? Heaven's to Betsy, what scum must Biden be to acquaint himself with such lowbrow sons of Democratic politicians. Someone grab me my feinting couch, I am growing light headed from clutching my pearls.
    we should all be impressed with the wisdom of the people of Massachusetts, along with the business practices of the entire Bulger family

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •