Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 282

Thread: Official 2020-2021 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Welcome to the LaGordo Era

  1. #181
    The Pumpfaker Paul Hogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sydney, New South Wales
    Posts
    2,354
    Yeah, I guess I didn't realize Ball is rated that high.

  2. #182
    Morrison with a 3, MKG with a 2. Stellar drafting.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacDiggler View Post
    Morrison with a 3, MKG with a 2. Stellar drafting.
    Both of those were head scratchers. MKG draft was tough, as I recall there was no obvious choice after the eyebrow. But MKG felt like more of a late first round pick than a #2 given his limited offensive skills. Morrison could shoot, but he screamed potential bust.

  4. #184
    I just don't see drafting LeMelo Ball with one of the first 3 picks as things seem to indicate. There are just so many red flags and unknowns there plus his older brother kind of sucks. Could be wrong, but I hope someone other than the hornets pick Ball.

  5. #185
    there really weren't many good players in the 2012 draft, although notably Lillard went later.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by SC DEAC View Post
    I just don't see drafting LeMelo Ball with one of the first 3 picks as things seem to indicate. There are just so many red flags and unknowns there plus his older brother kind of sucks. Could be wrong, but I hope someone other than the hornets pick Ball.
    Lonzo would be starting on the Hornets

  7. #187
    that's an indictment of the Hornets

    Lonzo is a bench player on a good team

  8. #188
    The Pumpfaker Paul Hogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sydney, New South Wales
    Posts
    2,354
    The Hornets are drafting Ball after his dad said he could beat Michael Jordan one on one.

  9. #189
    lonzo is pretty good and still young. his dad sucks but lamelo is supposed to be better by all accounts. he will actually likely be gone within the first 2 picks. if he were to fall to us he would technically be the correct pick

    pulling for Edwards bc exciting 2 guards are the most fun but it will probably Wiseman. kind of boring but would definitely be happy with the pick seeing as how the hornets should be picking 8

  10. #190
    The Pumpfaker Paul Hogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sydney, New South Wales
    Posts
    2,354
    A core of:

    Rozier, Graham
    Bacon
    Bridges
    Washington

    and

    Edwards or Wiseman

    Sounds pretty good. Probably need to add a shooter.

  11. #191
    Ishmael Smith fuheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Greensboro
    Posts
    4,279
    any thoughts on who the Hornets are going to take? I don't want Ball, but am not familiar enough with the other options to really know who I would prefer.

  12. #192
    Ishmael Smith CDeacMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Charlottesville, vA
    Posts
    6,827
    Most mocks I see have the USC ďbigĒ since itís assumed we want size and would select him if Wiseman goes 1 or 2. I canít say at all I have great knowledge of any of these prospects but seems like Ball would not be the kind of player to invest in - keep riding with Graham whose had to prove himself than someone with a lot of hype

  13. #193
    The ideal scenario would be Ball goes first so that we don't even have to entertain the idea of him, then we get whoever is left of Wiseman or Edwards. I'd be fine with either of those two but slightly prefer Wiseman. I don't see the appeal of Ball at all: a tall playmaker, okay great, but who can't shoot, doesn't play D, and is an off the court circus. His upside is Lonzo, but I'm sticking with Devonte over Lonzo every day. I'd take him with pick #32, but no way in hell with pick #3.

    I also don't see it with the USC guy. A 6'9" defensive center who can't shoot outside 3 feet, basically Biyombo 2.0. Like Biz he may be a nice player who has a long, decent career, but with the #3 pick you've got to take the risk for someone with potential All-Star upside.

    So hopefully it is Wiseman or Edwards. Edwards gives potential high volume scoring, which we definitely need. Plus rebounding and hopeful defense from the SG spot. Wiseman gives super size and athleticism at the 5, plus the ability to put the ball on the floor. Either of them would fit nicely with the young nucleus already in place, with some good potential upside.

  14. #194
    Ishmael Smith fuheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Greensboro
    Posts
    4,279
    The ringer mock draft had us taking the USC guy, so I was trying to drink the kool-aid, but you aren't helping. I might be fine trading down to the back half of the top 10 if Wiseman and Edwards are gone.

  15. #195
    Yeah if Edwards and Wiseman are gone I can't see taking the USC guy there. Either trade down with someone (Knicks) who wants Ball, or take him in that spot understanding that he has a >75% chance of being a complete disaster but hope to hit on the 25% and maybe get some primetime TV games out of it.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacDiggler View Post
    Morrison with a 3, MKG with a 2. Stellar drafting.
    Charlotte's draft history is underwhelming in general. Except for the players that got drafted & traded on draft night (Kobe-Tobias Harris-Gilgeous/Alexander)

  17. #197
    Watching some of the draft previews last night makes me like picking Ball even less. He clearly cares more about fashion and being a celebrity more than improving his game, he can't string a coherent sentence together (unlike Edwards and Wiseman) so I don't know how he becomes the face of a franchise, and he takes some of the worst shots I've ever seen. He brags about playing on a 10-foot hoop at 3 years old like it is a good thing - hey dipshit, did you ever consider that is the reason why you shoot your jumpshot from your schlong and not over your head, because you shoot it like a little kid who can't get the ball to the rim yet? Just a complete dumbass.

    We've spent the last 7 years lamenting using the #2 pick on a guy with one of the fugliest jumpers in the history of basketball, and we want to voluntarily repeat that exact same scenario with the #3 pick?

  18. #198
    The Pumpfaker Paul Hogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sydney, New South Wales
    Posts
    2,354
    If you're going to say the Hornets havent drafted will since Kobe (1996) you might as well point out that they drafted very well pre-Kobe.

  19. #199
    I don't want any part of Ball or Edwards in Charlotte. Give me Wiseman, or if he's gone (likely), trade out with someone who wants Ball. He would be such a bad fit with Rozier and Graham. If they can trade down for a defensive, rim rolling big, that'd be ideal.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hogan View Post
    A core of:

    Rozier, Graham
    Bacon
    Bridges
    Washington

    and

    Edwards or Wiseman

    Sounds pretty good. Probably need to add a shooter.
    Sounds pretty good at what? Basketball?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •