• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Taggart just got canned and starts the Coaching Carousel early

App is always gonna be like Boise st and coaches unless somehow tied to the university are gonna roll through. Good way to recruit against them if being in the ACC doesn’t work. They have anyone we can use?

I’m very skeptical of drinkwitz. He very well could’ve been riding the coattails of what satterfield built at App.

So now the only possible way we lose Claw is Michigan State? How ironic.

App will be fine. All of the players want Shawn Clark to be promoted. He’s a mountaineer born and bred, looks like a no brainer.

Can’t blame drink but he inherited a (G5) Porsche from Satt and put it in cruise control. I’d be extremely skeptical as a Mizzou fan. Satterfield should have got COTY in ACC and the SunBelt this year

App is always gonna be like Boise st and coaches unless somehow tied to the university are gonna roll through. Good way to recruit against them if being in the ACC doesn’t work. They have anyone we can use?

Hasn’t Boise only had like 2 coaches this century?

Yeah, they may have been Satterfield's players, and he may have been following Satterfield's roadmap...

But I think we've all seen how easy it is to immediately torpedo a solid program.

Yeah, they may have been Satterfield's players, and he may have been following Satterfield's roadmap...

But I think we've all seen how easy it is to immediately torpedo a solid program.

Scott Satterfield > Dino Gaudio

Drinkwitz could've been a possible replacement for the inevitable Doeren firing, so maybe that's good news, in case he's actually quite good. Which is yet TBD but seems very possible.

Hasn’t Boise only had like 2 coaches this century?

I’m getting old I thought they had like 3 in a span of four or five years a few years ago. The could go through coaches if the coaches wanted to leave.

Something about this guy just screams Tallahassee

CVaevUcWsAEYPa0.jpg

App will be fine. All of the players want Shawn Clark to be promoted. He’s a mountaineer born and bred, looks like a no brainer.

Can’t blame drink but he inherited a (G5) Porsche from Satt and put it in cruise control. I’d be extremely skeptical as a Mizzou fan. Satterfield should have got COTY in ACC and the SunBelt this year
Anything to crush the hopes if App fans is good. After next year we should never play them again. Sick of App and their fake ranking.

USF set to hire Clemson co-OC Jeff Scott as HC. Former Clemson WR. Been coaching at Clemson since 2008. He was promoted to WR coach to replace Dabo. He's the son of former SC HC and Clemson asst Brad Scott. Don't know much about him as a coach, but this looks like the type of hire a struggling G6 program should make especially one who just failed with a retread.

Last edited:
USF set to hire Clemson co-OC Jeff Scott as HC. Former Clemson WR. Been coaching at Clemson since 2008. He was promoted to WR coach to replace Dabo. He's the son of former SC HC and Clemson asst Brad Scott. Don't know much about him as a coach, but this looks like the type of hire a struggling G6 program should make especially one who just failed with a retread.

Given their success amazing how long Clemson has held on to their top assistants, Clemson has co-OCs. So, unless he gets a head job, looks like co-OC Tony Elliot will become the sole OC in Tiger-town.

Drinkwitz to make $4 million per year at Mizzou. What an impressive rise for Eliah who four years ago was the TE Coach at Boise State making >150k per year.

Wouldn’t be too amped on this hire if I’m a Mizzou fan. He could turn out to be awesome but has zero track record to speak of and had 1 good season as HC for a program that was already very well established. If I’m Drinkwitz, on the other hand, I’m never looking back. Not too many opportunities to make $4MM/year and he’s set for life now no matter how this gig turns out.

Back