• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Columbia Lions ACCN Extra - Sunday 2 pm

What is a paint touch to Manning? Post ups? But Sarr doesn’t deserve the ball. Driving to the basket? Childress is the only real penetrator. Does he explain what he’s doing to try to get paint touches?

He's said he wants to play inside out a lot... Meaning dump it into a big and have them pass it back out when the defense collapses.

Which he is correct in saying that we never do.

But it's not an offense. We have no offense.

Why would the defense collapse when one of our bigs gets the ball? Our bigs aren’t effective at all. Just guard the passing lanes and cutters to the basket.

Whoever decided to go to a full-court press, it helped to turn the game.

If we have a strength (it's all relative) it might be our quickness and depth. A full-court press should work at least to use up the shot clock against weaker teams.

Neath looks like an ACC athlete. He 6’2” ish, strong, bouncy and pretty quick. He shot looks solid as well, although he looks to pass more at this point. He needs to play a LOT. Ody is being thrown into the fire as a light recruited freshman, but he looks like an ACC athlete as well. As his offensive skills develop, he could be a nice player. Massoud has a sweet shooting stroke but he can’t shoot sitting beside the Mannequin on the bench. Chill is chill, Brown needs to play small forward and is a stud. Muscius still has potential. The rest of the team ranges from decent to very bad. Nonetheless, these players could win some games with a good coach.

Whoever decided to go to a full-court press, it helped to turn the game.

If we have a strength (it's all relative) it might be our quickness and depth. A full-court press should work at least to use up the shot clock against weaker teams.
Walters was coaching his ass off in the timeout huddles. I don’t know if he is focusing on defense or the big men, but he was talking more than DM.

Walters was coaching his ass off in the timeout huddles. I don’t know if he is focusing on defense or the big men, but he was talking more than DM.

I think defense is his focus. He should be our interim coach.

Why would the defense collapse when one of our bigs gets the ball? Our bigs aren’t effective at all. Just guard the passing lanes and cutters to the basket.

I couldn’t agree more. Just relaying his comments on the value of paint touches.

Neath looks like an ACC athlete. He 6’2” ish, strong, bouncy and pretty quick. He shot looks solid as well, although he looks to pass more at this point. He needs to play a LOT. Ody is being thrown into the fire as a light recruited freshman, but he looks like an ACC athlete as well. As his offensive skills develop, he could be a nice player. Massoud has a sweet shooting stroke but he can’t shoot sitting beside the Mannequin on the bench. Chill is chill, Brown needs to play small forward and is a stud. Muscius still has potential. The rest of the team ranges from decent to very bad. Nonetheless, these players could win some games with a good coach.

This is pretty much where i am. This could be a fringe NIT/CBI team with some decent coaching, but alas unlikely to happen under the current regime...

Buzzer beater to beat Columbia by 2 after being up 8 late in the second half. Shit show. All 800 people cheered. I only went because I got free tickets through work. We were 5 rows from the court. Someone take a fucking hint and fire the clown. I'd say tear it down and start over, but the tearing down part started 10 years ago. Thanks Ron.

800? That many??

Sounded more like just a few on the radio broadcast that I caught for a couple minutes before turning it off.

I can't NOT root for the young men who've committed their futures to the good ol' Gold and Black. If they win - Great! If not, well, maybe we're one step closer to getting someone who CAN put them in a position to win. Go ahead and hate on me, I know you want to ...

Columbia plays @ UVA on Saturday... That should be a nice comparison.

KP says UVA 72-51... Would be shocked if it is that close.

Back