Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Charlotte FC / MLS Playoffs Thread

Jordan Morris really needs to move to Europe in the next year, when healthy he is too good for this league. His improvement over the last year has been very impressive, especially considering that he torn his ACL two years ago.

Would like to see him move to a lower level EPL team that hits on the counter. He’d certainly qualify for the work permit.

Charlotte FC / MLS Thread (name and branding reveal on 7/22; debut delayed until '22)

Also shoutout to this tournament, the match times were clutch when we were in pregnancy quarantine mode, and perfect for watching a newborn. My wife has gotten a few hours of sleep the last two nights while Brasky Jr. and I watch some footie.
    Last edited by BillBrasky; 07-20-2020 at 10:48 AM.

yeah, tournament has been fun -- enjoying having a game on pretty much 75% of the work day these last couple weeks

Morris is a beast and I'd love to see him in Europe

Morris seems like a player that would do well in La Liga to me.
    Football. Bloody Hell.

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Rumors of Pomykal to the Bundesliga

bump bump motha fuckasssss

Why did they get delayed a year?

Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    Why did they get delayed a year?
    COVID-19 (MLS made the call, not Charlotte)

If this whole "reveal" ends up being Charlotte FC I'm going to ignore this club for another year.

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Kinda torn. Charlotte Crown FC has grown on me but I know it's going to be plain jane Charlotte FC

I am 100% down with the Crown

still think they shoulda gone for something like Carolina United but I guess they didn't want Raleigh involved

8.5/10

They didn’t fuck it up which is all that matters. I like it

Quote Originally Posted by deacvision7 View Post
    Morris seems like a player that would do well in La Liga to me.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    still think they shoulda gone for something like Carolina United but I guess they didn't want Raleigh involved
    Raleigh, Wilmington, Charleston etc. Doesn’t really work for soccer like other sports.

I do like the logo, maybe just ignore them for 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Screamindemon3 View Post
    Raleigh, Wilmington, Charleston etc. Doesn’t really work for soccer like other sports.
    yeah but MLS in the US is different since we don't have the promotion/relegation system. Wilmington and Spartanburg ain't getting MLS teams.

feel like soccer is the one sport where you can just name the club after the place and the fans do the rest
    semi-aquatic like otters be.