Page 11 of 128 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161111 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Quote Originally Posted by 73deac View Post
    This is your new ultra liberal owner from up North with no local ties? Most of the liberal board members may wish they had conservative leaning Jerry back running the show! Just another example of liberalism looking good on paper but falling to shit in the real world! I love it
    Fox news went to commercial, huh?

A relic of our regional college years

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by CDeacMan View Post
    Bridgewater signing doesn’t exactly help the Cam trade prospects either
    Yeah. Probably going to get like a 2020 4th compensatory pick plus a conditional 2021 7th. Actually that's optimistic.

kyle allen signed to a one year extension

Last time we tanked to get a once-in-a-decade QB, he decided to go back to Stanford. That still turned out OK for us.

I'd rather be 6-10 next year and have a new GM for the 2021 Draft than be 3-13 with Hurney coming back.

Primary OGB Benefactor
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacDiggler View Post
    kyle allen signed to a one year extension
    Scooooooop !

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    Kyle Allen signs one-year extension.

Quote Originally Posted by qcdeac View Post
    Last time we tanked to get a once-in-a-decade QB, he decided to go back to Stanford. That still turned out OK for us.

I'd rather be 6-10 next year and have a new GM for the 2021 Draft than be 3-13 with Hurney coming back.
    This. Honestly, if the game plan was to let Cam go, build around veterans, and sign a cheap short-term QB, I'd be fine with it. This looks like we're paying Bridgewater to do a full tank while hurting chances to trade Cam for any value.

Weird to strip the team down the studs for a total, multi-year rebuild and then sign a legit QB to guide the team through it. But also weird to keep a GM known for shallow drafts to re-stock the team. I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by awaken View Post
    Weird to strip the team down the studs for a total, multi-year rebuild and then sign a legit QB to guide the team through it. But also weird to keep a GM known for shallow drafts to re-stock the team. I just don't get it.
    Why is that weird? Rhule did the same thing at Baylor. Yes, we were coming out of the Briles scandal era, but we still had a lot of talent on the team and, contrary to popular opinion, they weren't all rapists. He took a middle of the pack roster, made some bad decisions as to who to start/play, and guided us to the magical 1-11 season that allowed us to then go 11-2 two years later. He got his NFL job though, so I guess it all worked out.

With all that said, I do think he's a good coach and I like the direction he had our team headed. Hopefully Aranda can build upon the foundation.
    Jack - Baylor 2002, lifelong Wake Fan

perhaps the thought is we'll still be bad enough to get lawrence or fields, then have vet qb coverage for a season, and then have some options on what to do with teddy in year 3

Quote Originally Posted by buckets View Post
    perhaps the thought is we'll still be bad enough to get lawrence or fields, then have vet qb coverage for a season, and then have some options on what to do with teddy in year 3
    Then just sign the Teddy Bridgewater equivalent in a few years.

Vernon Butler to (where else?) the Bills for 2 years, $16M.

Who is left on our roster?

Primary OGB Benefactor
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    Who is left on our roster?
    Tre Boston gets 3 years, $18 million, with $9.5 million in year one.

Rusty Larue
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Vernon Butler to (where else?) the Bills for 2 years, $16M.
    Wow, thought he would get half that.

Quote Originally Posted by 73deac View Post
    This is your new ultra liberal owner from up North with no local ties? Most of the liberal board members may wish they had conservative leaning Jerry back running the show! Just another example of liberalism looking good on paper but falling to shit in the real world! I love it

you are an idiot

Ricky Peral
    Quote Originally Posted by warak View Post
    you are an idiot
    Think you just made his point

Please Teper, trade Christian and get some draft picks, he is the only name player we have left. The Bridgewater signing was all Brady, he wanted him and thinks he is great (I don't agree) but 20mil per for 3 years? They are out of their freaking minds.

The money isn't the issue with Teddy. That's a fine contract if we wanted to compete for the division with our QB. The problem is the lack of direction, are we tanking or not? Everything points to a full tank, except this signing which dramatically alters that. Going 6-10 or 7-9 is worst case. 1-15 would set us up better.