• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 years, $64M seems like a good deal for his level of production and how much Teddy B will be relying on him to make plays.

Edit: Yeah, it's a very good deal. CMC had 116 rec for 1005 yards last year.

The following WR made a little over $16M last year.
Mike Evans - 67/1157
Brandin Cooks - 42/583
DeAndre Hopkins - 104/1165

CMC gives you very good WR production plus elite RB production. $16M is a very good deal.

Last edited:
If he stays healthy this is a win/win for everyone. Nothing better we could have done with him, he deserved to get paid. He's earned it, and I hope he stays healthy and competes for the duration of the deal. He's been special so far.

I just hope Rhule and Brady actually use a backup RB. Even something straight forward like giving CMC a few series where he only plays on 3rd down in Panther territory.

And at only 4 years, CMC's deal only covers his productive years. Carolina wisely paid a premium for performance and contract length.

Great move for the Panthers. I hope that they can get some decent WR to complement CMC.

Also, Saquon Barkley is a HUGE fan of this deal.

I don't see how DJ, Samuel, and Robby Anderson shouldn't at least be a solid WR corps, especially with Brady at the helm. Also intrigued to see if Pharaoh Cooper has anything left in the tank. He was awesome at USC and showed a few flashed in SF.

In my totally non biased opinion I think we could actually have One of the offenses in the nfl next season.

The defense tho will be an embarrassment

We are going to suck offensively, defensively, special teams, coaching, cheerleading fan turnout, etc...

You people need to get psyched up about this draft from Goodell's basement !

Here's what I think about our first round pick at #7:

• If things go to form, we should take Derrick Brown (DT, Auburn) at #7. He fits an obvious need and I'm not someone who likes trading back. Caveat to that, if Tua slips and somebody wants to move up to grab him, I think we should consider it, if we don't wat Tua for ourselves and we don't have to drop back too far.
  • If Simmons or Okudah is still there, we need to take them. Simmons may overlap with Whitehead a bit, but Whitehead is on a one-year deal and Simmons would still be a rookie. Okudah is going to be a 12-year starter with multiple Pro Bowls.
  • If Tua is there we need to think about taking him. All of our quarterbacks are expendable and average at best. This needs to be Joe Brady's call, yes or no. I like Herbert, but don't think he's a fit.
  • I'll be aggravated if we wind up with Kinlaw (USC, DT), Wirfs (Iowa, OT), Becton (Louisville, OT), Wills (Alabama, OT). It's not that we don't need an OT, I ust think we have other needs.

Last edited:
FWIW, I've been told we are trading back and targeting Lamb as option 1 or Henderson as option 2. If we can't trade back, Brown will be the pick at 7. Apparently Simmons isn't on our radar, so we either aren't interested or don't think he's falling.

If we're trading down to draft Lamb then Samuel needs to be in the trade. I like Jeudy better than Lamb, but Lamb is 6'3" and Jeudy is 6'1".

I'm not liking the Henderson idea. I think we'd be dropping down a significant tier if we gave up the #7 pick and took him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back