• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree that players and coaches should try to win every game. I just need to accept that Trevor Lawrence is never going to be a Panther. Maybe several teams will be dumb enough to let the next Patrick Mahomes fall out of the top 10.

Right. We picked #7 this year at 5-11 and people were thinking we would be worse and likely to get the #1 pick. I think we'll have a shot at the #2 or #3 QB.

Tied for 2nd in the division.

FWIW, after Week 3, Football Outsiders grades the chances of winning the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes (#1 pick in the 2021 draft) as follows:

1. Broncos 17.7%
2. Giants 13.3%
3. Jets 12.7%
4. WFT 8.3%
5. Panthers 7.7% (about 1 in 13)

While all of those top 3 have been dreadful, hard to believe the Jets aren't #1. They appear to be non-competitive.

Probably basing it on the schedule. Look to be fewer soft opponents for Denver. Thursday night is an early Lawrence bowl

Giants, Jets, and WFT showing that having a top 10 pick on a QB isn't everything.

Giants, Jets, and WFT showing that having a top 10 pick on a QB isn't everything.

I don't know. I think the Giants are happy with Jones and aren't looking to draft another. Their problem is they have no D, still have no OL after repeated efforts at upgrading and now Barkley is done. The Jets roster is so bad, it's hard to evaluate if Darnold is their future QB. But yes, it's apparent that the WFT chose poorly. They'll join you in the QB market in next year's draft.

Jets definitely take Lawrence if they have the first pick. Not sure what the Giants do, but think they would dump Danny Dimes if they had the #1 pick. Of the teams with a shot at the #1 pick, the only teams that definitely do not take a QB are the Bengals and Texans. That includes Minnesota, Denver, Miami and Philly.

Yeah, the only reason the Giants wouldn't dump Daniel Jones is becasue Gettleman is still their GM.

I can't imagine sitting around as a Jets fan in 2023 and thinking we'd made the right decision by sticking with Sam Darnold instead of drafting Trevor Lawrence.

I really don’t want to draft a franchise QB who left UGA because he couldn’t beat out Jake Noodle Arm Fromm

Would rather take Nance from NDSU if we don’t draft #1

After watching 3 minutes of youtube highlights i'm cool with Trey Lance

#scouting

Kind of crazy that NDSU is QBU all of a sudden. Wentz, that Chargers QB3 Stick, and Lance within six years.

The Giants could get a great haul for trading Lawrence. Not nearly as much for trading Jones. Would you rather have Jones plus two 1st, a 2nd, and two 3rds or Lawrence plus a 2nd and a late round pick? It's a tough question.

Here is what the Rams gave up to trade for Goff:
No. 1: Tennessee → Los Angeles (PD). Tennessee traded its first-, fourth-, and sixth-round selections (1st, 113th, and 177th) to Los Angeles in exchange for Los Angeles's first-round, two second-round, and third-round selections in this year's draft (15th, 43rd, 45th, and 76th) as well as Los Angeles's first- and third-round selections in the 2017 NFL Draft.[SUP][source 1][/SUP]

Yeah, I know, it's a huge haul, but Goff took them to the Super Bowl and the Titans are still trying.

Also, the NYC factor just magnifies everything. I'd also have to wonder if Jones is actually tradeable at this point as he's proven nothing and you can pick up Nick Foles - Cam Newton - Tom Brady - Tyrod Taylor, or some other guy to do the job for a year or two if that's what you need.

I really don’t want to draft a franchise QB who left UGA because he couldn’t beat out Jake Noodle Arm Fromm

Would rather take Nance from NDSU if we don’t draft #1

Seems pretty obvious Fields made the right move... Nance over Fields is just an absurd take (and one that some draft analysts also share). Nance over Fields is much more absurd than Fields over Lawrence.

Right. The Titans stuck with Marriota after his rookie season. The Rams were 7-9 and went all in to get a QB. It paid off. If the Panthers manage to get to 7-9, I'd be all for giving up that haul and change for Lawrence. No question. That's the lesson to learn. We don't have to suck to get Lawrence. We just have to be willing to pay the price.

i'm pretty sure tepper is going to do everything he can to get lawrence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back