• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Heads on a pike: Trump would never retaliate! A lesson not learned

The president is entitled to the advisers that he wants for as long as he wants. His political opponents or critics are not entitled to designate his advisors or determine how long they should serve.

Lame. Knowing the service these people gave to country, do you think it’s right? I don’t care about “the president can do whatever he wants” excuse. Give an opinion on the the merits of dismissing McGuire.

Lame. Knowing the service these people gave to country, do you think it’s right? I don’t care about “the president can do whatever he wants” excuse. Give an opinion on the the merits of dismissing McGuire.

"The President Can Do Whatever He Wants Because He's the President" is the new GOP motto. Want to appoint corrupt and/or racist and/or incompetent advisers? Sure, why not? Want to accept campaign money from sketchy foreign sources and governments? Sure, why not? Want to bully foreign governments into investigating your American political rivals? Sure, why not? Want to allow foreign governments to meddle in our election process? Sure, why not? Dear Leader is entitled to do whatever he wants, and how dare any of you say otherwise!

"The President Can Do Whatever He Wants Because He's the President*" is the new GOP motto. Want to appoint corrupt and/or racist and/or incompetent advisers? Sure, why not? Want to accept campaign money from sketchy foreign sources and governments? Sure, why not? Want to bully foreign governments into investigating your American political rivals? Sure, why not? Want to allow foreign governments to meddle in our election process? Sure, why not? Dear Leader is entitled to do whatever he wants, and how dare any of you say otherwise!

*as long as he's a Republican

"The President Can Do Whatever He Wants Because He's the President" is the new GOP motto. Want to appoint corrupt and/or racist and/or incompetent advisers? Sure, why not? Want to accept campaign money from sketchy foreign sources and governments? Sure, why not? Want to bully foreign governments into investigating your American political rivals? Sure, why not? Want to allow foreign governments to meddle in our election process? Sure, why not? Dear Leader is entitled to do whatever he wants, and how dare any of you say otherwise!

The motto really is "Trump can do whatever he wants even if it breaks the law."

That's because he's so consumed with himself.

I’m confident no prior presidential has ever fired as many people or ruined their careers in retribution for them simply doing their job well or competently or appropriately. Merely because their jobs require them to not be infinitely obsequious.

I’m confident no prior presidential has ever fired as many people or ruined their careers in retribution for them simply doing their job well or competently or appropriately. Merely because their jobs require them to not be infinitely obsequious.

Making America Great Again (for grifters, liars, and criminals!)

Intelligence community watchdog suggests Trump fired him for doing his job

Rebecca Falconer
Rebecca Falconer
Michael Atkinson, Inspector General of the Intelligence Community, arrives at the U.S. Capitol
Michael Atkinson, Inspector General of the Intelligence Community,at the Capitol in October. Photo: Win McNamee/Getty Images
Intelligence Community Inspector General Michael Atkinson suggested in a statement Sunday President Trump fired him for acting impartially in carrying out his duties following a whistleblower complaint.

Why it matters: Atkinson alerted Congress last September to the complaint on Trump's correspondence with Ukraine's president, triggering an inquiry that resulted in the president's impeachment.

The firing is part of a broader push to purge the administration of officials deemed disloyal to the president.
What he's saying: "It is hard not to think that the President’s loss of confidence in me derives from my having faithfully discharged my legal obligations as an independent and impartial Inspector General," Atkinson said in his statement.

The other side: Trump, who was acquitted in the Republican-controlled Senate in February, told reporters Saturday he thought Atkinson did a "terrible job," calling the whistleblower report "fake." (It was not fake.)

The big picture: Atkinson must leave his role early next month.

Both Democratic and Republican lawmakers have called for an explanation on Atkinson's firing.
Go deeper: Trump's new purge

Editor's note: This is a developing news story. Please check back for updates.

https://www.axios.com/intelligence-...ing-7fed537c-4bde-48b7-897c-452a7be66b23.html

Back