• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread 2.0

no outkast, ATCQ, Jay Z, Black Star, etc.

also wrong D'Angelo

It sucks to not have any jazz/classical/ or much older rock. Zeppelin, eagles, Steve Miller band and stuff like that I experienced as greatest hits and trying to go back to individual albums just isn't working
So a lot of my tastes aren't well represented. Especially soul and hip hop

Of the ones you're familiar with what do you think may be the weakest ?
Exactly. Ideally i want a lot of my favorites to be timeless and not super dated. A lot of hip hop doesn't age well. (For me at least)
I've cut about 80 off to make that current list. Now I'm sorta stuck, but I'm gonna try to cut 5 more just to hit an even 150 total

if influential and non-datedness are your criteria then I don't understand how Outkast isn't #1 for hip hop

I mean, that Isaiah Rashad album he picked, for example, is directly indebted to Outkast

right, but they're not on the list at all when they should be the first to make the list given the criteria you copy-pasted

Man, that Sturgill Simpson bluegrass album is fucking awesome.

The birthday boys jamming out (pretty sure Townie caught this show?)

indeed i was! did not realize at the time my now son was a gestational sac in wife's womb at that show, nary a month into fetal development. probably where he gets his excellent vibes from.

My 6yo son in the car just said “ dad I really like that piano on that song” while we listened to Bird Song on the GD channel on Sirius. Now he’s whistling it around the house. I’m beaming

indeed i was! did not realize at the time my now son was a gestational sac in wife's womb at that show, nary a month into fetal development. probably where he gets his excellent vibes from.

Excellent!

Sharing music with kids is so much fun. My daughters (4.5, 3.5) and I watched every Phish show this summer - they had such a blast dancing and playing on Tuesday night with me.

I also love picking out records with the kids to listen to as well - so much fun to see how curious they are about the music and the artists when we pick something out and I tell them about the album or band.

Any word on new Postal Service material? They’ve been teasing on their Twitter feed with videos of different famous musicians and celebrities “auditioning” to be in the band.

Any word on new Postal Service material? They’ve been teasing on their Twitter feed with videos of different famous musicians and celebrities “auditioning” to be in the band.

Man, that would be rad if they can recapture that feel/sound. I listen to DC4C a fair amount, but only dip into the Postal Service when I want to FUCKIN' FEEL.

A few more new records arrived yesterday.
2c34ea77cc25035c0ff2d512d3f79cf2.jpg

Been way into The National lately and the lead singer Matt Berninger just put out a solo album that I'm digging.

Back