• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: Miami Hurricanes - Saturday 2 pm RSN

What a shit show! Miami outscores Wake 16-7 on points off TO's and 12-2 on second chance points for more than the margin of victory. Manning uses a four guard line up for nine minutes of the game. Every Deacon in the rotation commits at least one turnover for a total of fourteen.

Tory Johnson plays 30 minutes and scores three points. His usage was questioned by the announcers during the game. In the past ten games he has played 323 minutes and has totaled 55 points, 27 rebounds, 16 assists, 4 steals and 21 turnovers. When the announcers are puzzled they are questioning the coaches judgement and decisions.

Tory Johnson plays the way Coach Manning wants the game played and gets the appropriate results. He's the perfect player to execute Danny's game plan.

6 games left for DFL. Even though we aren"t DFL right now in the ACC i have faith in bozo to deliver us to the promised land.

Sure, because DFL Danny is developing the characters of the young men.... in how to lose alot by too few paint touches and free throws. :dumb:

He does in fact. His game plan, on offense at least, is to have the referees call fouls on our opponent and get to the free throw line. Not saying it's a good game plan.

You forgot about #PaintTouches

What a shit show! Miami outscores Wake 16-7 on points off TO's and 12-2 on second chance points for more than the margin of victory. Manning uses a four guard line up for nine minutes of the game. Every Deacon in the rotation commits at least one turnover for a total of fourteen.

Tory Johnson plays 30 minutes and scores three points. His usage was questioned by the announcers during the game. In the past ten games he has played 323 minutes and has totaled 55 points, 27 rebounds, 16 assists, 4 steals and 21 turnovers. When the announcers are puzzled they are questioning the coaches judgement and decisions.

That is a good question to ask DM. I'd rather see Andrien White close out his amazing 'why transfer to play for Danny Manning' career by jacking up a ton of 3's, in lieu of Tory Johnson - who clearly is playing like a dude on a last place team.

Or just give all those minutes back to Sharone Wright. Or Neath, or whatever. It's all a giant whatever anyway.

I will say, if we can keep them from leaving, there is some real promise in Massoud and Oguama.

Outside of Danny, does wake even have 4 20 loss seasons in the history of our program?

From what I see, we have 3 20 loss seasons prior to Manning.

2010-2011 8-24 Bzzzzz
1985-1986 8-21 Bob Staak
1967-1968 5-21 Jack McCloskey (in fairness, Jack also had 3 other 18 loss seasons)

That is a good question to ask DM. I'd rather see Andrien White close out his amazing 'why transfer to play for Danny Manning' career by jacking up a ton of 3's, in lieu of Tory Johnson - who clearly is playing like a dude on a last place team.

Or just give all those minutes back to Sharone Wright. Or Neath, or whatever. It's all a giant whatever anyway.

I will say, if we can keep them from leaving, there is some real promise in Massoud and Oguama.

I agree wholeheartedly on Oguama. Massoud just needs to play. I would love to see Mucius coached up with some structure and tweaking. i love his hustle and energy but not so much his offensive overconfidence. He can be successful within some flow but not so much seeking his own shots. Neath played early like he was intimidated by BChildress but now seems so much more confident in how he can contribute. i much prefer seeing him drive to the hoop than BC and his shot continues to develop. Wright could have developed but i believe and he and Wynn are gone for sure no matter. So glad to hear the Watson recruit is a scorer.

With a decent coach, having Chaundee, Massoud and Muscius should be very, very effective. With those three Sarr, Ody, Neath and Watson, Wake could be competitive next year with a decent coach. If we could pick up a banger as a grad transfer and possibly a shooter, we could easily be mid-pack next year.

With a decent coach, having Chaundee, Massoud and Muscius should be very, very effective. With those three Sarr, Ody, Neath and Watson, Wake could be competitive next year with a decent coach. If we could pick up a banger as a grad transfer and possibly a shooter, we could easily be mid-pack next year.
This is the most frustrating part of this season. With these players, who are actually decent/usable role players (albeit without enough "lead players"), and a pretty awful ACC, there is no way that WF should be finishing in one of the bottom four ACC spots. But here we are.

Last edited:
With a decent coach, Massoud should average 13-17 ppg. I think many of Neath's problems this year came from trying too hard in a meager minutes he's received. Muscius is a player who will do a lot of little things to win. With his length and athletic ability, he could be a really good defender at multiple positions and a nice option to score.

Thankfully, I have not seen many games this year because we are essentially an ACC network exclusive but this was actually on Comcast and my eyes will never be the same. Why Neath ever sees the floor is beyond me. We should essentially play Sarr, Brown, Massoud, Muscius and Chilress 40 minutes or until they foul out. The rest of this team is hot garbage, but those 5 should win games in this ACC. We have no offensive sets. There were a few times that I thought the tv was broken because our guys would stand so still on offense. We pass up easy shots for fade away jumpers on a regular basis. We make the "extra" pass to a guy that's covered or just throw it out of bounds. It's like bizarro basketball.

From what I see, we have 3 20 loss seasons prior to Manning.

2010-2011 8-24 Bzzzzz
1985-1986 8-21 Bob Staak
1967-1968 5-21 Jack McCloskey (in fairness, Jack also had 3 other 18 loss seasons)

That's pretty damning isn't it. Staak and Bzzz each only had one 20 loss season, Danny has at least 3, with a good chance at 4.

With a decent coach, Massoud should average 13-17 ppg. I think many of Neath's problems this year came from trying too hard in a meager minutes he's received. Muscius is a player who will do a lot of little things to win. With his length and athletic ability, he could be a really good defender at multiple positions and a nice option to score.

So...you're saying we need a "decent" coach?

:thumbsup:

Back