• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: Miami Hurricanes - Saturday 2 pm RSN

That would be an upgrade...

Imagine what a good-great coach could do defensively with with a 6'5 super tough defender, long 6'8 and 6'9 guys and a 7' shot blocker and rebounder behind them.

Whoever in this thread has already said that this year's squad doesn't have the talent to compete is 100% correct. Just ask Roy Williams what a lack of talent means. Danny Manning may not be the best game coach we could have, but after watching these players it should be VERY CLEAR that none of these guys is an ACC level game changer. I guess those of you who are in love with Chaundee Brown and Isaiah Mucius need new glasses. I'm sure that both are nice kids. Never has shown ANY CONSISTENT ABILITY to play both offense and defense from one game to another. Earlier in the season it looked like Sarr had finally made noticable improvement. He has vs his first two seasons. But he's still not a player who can be relied on in any game, for anything except personal fouls. If we want to blame Manning for anything recruiting should be the number one item. And if you think that's an easy fix at a school like Wake Forest in today's college basketball you're in a dream world. Skip Prosser's couple of very good recruiting seasons are not the norm for a Wake Forest. Skip also had some snoozers. The effect of powerful recruiting is more evident today than anytime in the past. Williams at UNC, Brey at ND, UCLA, Arizona, Villanova, UConn, UK, Kansas, Michigan St, Oklahoma, Texas, Syracuse, UVA, FSU, Ohio St., Indiana, Penn St. and even Duke are all driven by the quality of recruits. When they don't have good players they don't win. Don't mistake me for saying Danny Manning is an elite coach, there's no proof of that at all. But if you think another coach would have done a markedly better job with the players we've had you're just wrong. These players prove that almost every game.

Whoever in this thread has already said that this year's squad doesn't have the talent to compete is 100% correct. Just ask Roy Williams what a lack of talent means. Danny Manning may not be the best game coach we could have, but after watching these players it should be VERY CLEAR that none of these guys is an ACC level game changer. I guess those of you who are in love with Chaundee Brown and Isaiah Mucius need new glasses. I'm sure that both are nice kids. Never has shown ANY CONSISTENT ABILITY to play both offense and defense from one game to another. Earlier in the season it looked like Sarr had finally made noticable improvement. He has vs his first two seasons. But he's still not a player who can be relied on in any game, for anything except personal fouls. If we want to blame Manning for anything recruiting should be the number one item. And if you think that's an easy fix at a school like Wake Forest in today's college basketball you're in a dream world. Skip Prosser's couple of very good recruiting seasons are not the norm for a Wake Forest. Skip also had some snoozers. The effect of powerful recruiting is more evident today than anytime in the past. Williams at UNC, Brey at ND, UCLA, Arizona, Villanova, UConn, UK, Kansas, Michigan St, Oklahoma, Texas, Syracuse, UVA, FSU, Ohio St., Indiana, Penn St. and even Duke are all driven by the quality of recruits. When they don't have good players they don't win. Don't mistake me for saying Danny Manning is an elite coach, there's no proof of that at all. But if you think another coach would have done a markedly better job with the players we've had you're just wrong. These players prove that almost every game.

TLDR: OK Boomer

How is every statement made here wrong? Congratulations, I guess?

I know this post will piss off a lot of people but it’s pretty accurate. Another coach is not going to get us to the top half of the ACC with these players, but as Chaos indicated we at least could be out of the bottom four spots— fighting for 10th or 11th.

I know this post will piss off a lot of people but it’s pretty accurate. Another coach is not going to get us to the top half of the ACC with these players, but as Chaos indicated we at least could be out of the bottom four spots— fighting for 10th or 11th.

Boston College is tied for 7th in the ACC right now with Clemson. Does anybody think that these two teams are more talented than we are?

Boston College is tied for 7th in the ACC right now with Clemson. Does anybody think that these two teams are more talented than we are?

I would say both rosters are inferior to Wake's roster.

Exactly. The ACC is not very good right now. We don't have top 10 talent, we don't have top 25 talent, but we have better than 20 loss talent.

It's a stupid argument anyway. The state of our roster is the result of Manning being a shit coach. Better coach = better use of talent AND better talent.

All three rosters are mediocre at best. Manning may or may not be the worst coach of the three. Does it really matter if you finish 7th or 12th in the ACC in a bad year for the league when you don't have the players to finish in the top half next year anyway ?

FWIW, BC's ACC record in close games is aberrational. They are 7-1 in ACC games decided by 7 points or less, and their 7 other conference losses are by:

Give BC credit for finding a way to win every ACC game that they are competitive in, but their luck factor in conference games is through the roof. Yes, they have won more ACC games than 7 other ACC teams, they would be underdogs to all 7 on a neutral court. FWIW, Jim Christian is not some coaching guru as last year BC lost a lot of close games, sometimes the ball bounces your way.

All three rosters are mediocre at best. Manning may or may not be the worst coach of the three. Does it really matter if you finish 7th or 12th in the ACC in a bad year for the league when you don't have the players to finish in the top half next year anyway ?

When you're trying to build a program it does. Harder to recruit on the back of continuous double digits finishes in the league.

FWIW, BC's ACC record in close games is aberrational. They are 7-1 in ACC games decided by 7 points or less, and their 7 other conference losses are by:

Give BC credit for finding a way to win every ACC game that they are competitive in, but their luck factor in conference games is through the roof. Yes, they have won more ACC games than 7 other ACC teams, they would be underdogs to all 7 on a neutral court. FWIW, Jim Christian is not some coaching guru as last year BC lost a lot of close games, sometimes the ball bounces your way.

FWIW, you could've taken all my money that the season opener was a 7-point game. Felt like 12-20 for the entire second half.

We would never do such a thing to you Conor. We need you to at least have gas money to get to games and practices.

We would never do such a thing to you Conor. We need you to at least have gas money to get to games and practices.

Cool, can't wait for a couple of drives to the Triangle to end the regular season.

Thankfully, I have not seen many games this year because we are essentially an ACC network exclusive but this was actually on Comcast and my eyes will never be the same. Why Neath ever sees the floor is beyond me. We should essentially play Sarr, Brown, Massoud, Muscius and Chilress 40 minutes or until they foul out. The rest of this team is hot garbage, but those 5 should win games in this ACC. We have no offensive sets. There were a few times that I thought the tv was broken because our guys would stand so still on offense. We pass up easy shots for fade away jumpers on a regular basis. We make the "extra" pass to a guy that's covered or just throw it out of bounds. It's like bizarro basketball.

Sorry, AD, this team has many deficiencies but without watching them actually play more than a few minutes, we will have to give you a pass on talent evaluation for Neath or any of them. If you had watched the UNC game or First half against UL or second half against Syracuse, you might have even a small sample size to work from. Talent is limited but coaching is ABSENT!

He does in fact. His game plan, on offense at least, is to have the referees call fouls on our opponent and get to the free throw line. Not saying it's a good game plan.
You forgot paint touches

Back