• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Former Wake Forest football player, Senator Richard Burr

DR is a Democrat?!?

That explains how there are single digit percentage democrats who voted for Donald.

If Burr truly believed that there would be a market crisis that was public information why did he write an op-ed a week before he sold off all his stocks (which happened one day after a follow up senators only meeting on the coronavirus) assuring Americans that this wasn’t that big a deal and we were equipped for it? Playing politics in his op-ed and that’s it? Or maybe he learned something more dire in a private meeting right before he decided to sell?

To say that Burr (and all sitting senators) and the general public had the same coronavirus info in mid February is absurd to the extreme

Because he didn’t write that op Ed. And it didn’t even say that. You were mislead on that by bad reporting.

His name is on it regardless of who penned it and one paragraph reads:

“Thankfully, the United States today is better prepared than ever before to face emerging public health threats, like the coronavirus, in large part due to the work of the Senate Health Committee, Congress, and the Trump Administration.”

Sure sounds like someone who is concerned about the american economy huh?! It’s okay to admit when someone on your team or that you know fucked up DR. You’ve been doing it for years about Wake basketball as have the rest of us. Let your heart open.

Yes, so next time you say he said everything was great please report what Lamar actually said rather than what you pretended Burr said. “All is great” is far, far different than what is in that paragraph.

Too bad for him. What does that have to do with whether the media mislead folks in to thinking Burr was pimping up the economy. He wasn't. That was a lie. It was fake news. And you fell right for the bait.

Don't assume what you read is true. Especially about a Republican. But really about Democrats too. It's crazy how they spin or add to folks words to mislead otherwise smart people. Sometimes it's intentional. Here I think the media is just stupid. They actually thought this was "insider trading" and a "crime." It was neither.

Take your hatred up with every other broke old dude that sold. Unamerican scumbags!

Too bad for him. What does that have to do with whether the media mislead folks in to thinking Burr was pimping up the economy. He wasn't. That was a lie. It was fake news. And you fell right for the bait.

Don't assume what you read is true. Especially about a Republican. But really about Democrats too. It's crazy how they spin or add to folks words to mislead otherwise smart people. Sometimes it's intentional. Here I think the media is just stupid. They actually thought this was "insider trading" and a "crime." It was neither.

Take your hatred up with every other broke old dude that sold. Unamerican scumbags!

You’re out of your element Donny. It certainly could have been a crime. And you don’t know enough to say that it wasn’t.

You’re out of your element Donny. It certainly could have been a crime. And you don’t know enough to say that it wasn’t.

So now, after joining the world in irreversibly BBQing one of our own, we are down to “ok it’s not a crime but if a bunch of facts turn out to all be true, maybe it was a crime. I’m going to presume they were all true and that he is a criminal despite decades of good deeds.”

Nice work their WF alums, nice work.

So now, after joining the world in irreversibly BBQing one of our own, we are down to “ok it’s not a crime but if a bunch of facts turn out to all be true, maybe it was a crime. I’m going to presume they were all true and that he is a criminal despite decades of good deeds.”

Thats the definition of a crime. If the facts make it a crime, it’s a crime.

And good deeds like leaking information to the subject of an FBI probe?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...-apparently-briefed-white-house-fbi-s-n996156

That really is sort of my point. Just as folks hate lawyers. The media hates Republican Senators. The right wing media hates centrist Richard Burr. Folks hate anyone perceived to benefit off tragedy, legal or not.

All of those combined here to make Richard Burr the centerpiece of hate here. If the market had only gone down 10%, no one would have cared. If a cure had been found, and the market continued shooting up, he would have lost out.

Those things didn't happen though. Burr followed the law. He guessed right and went ahead and locked in his decades long gain for his upcoming retirement as millions of other older americans did.

But because he's an underpaid politician. And because he's a Republican. And because we need someone in this era to set up and hate, he becomes Christian Laettner.

Dude, because he’s an underpaid politician?
Walk away from the edge, sir, walk away from the edge. That is so wrong in so many ways.

There are plenty of piece of shit Wake grads, Burr among them. Your Alma Mayer doesn’t give you automatic cover.

Lol, you can’t chastise everyone for assuming malevolence while you assume benevolence. Can’t wait to have DR on my next specific intent jury trial!

Burr’s net worth was estimated to be $3.1 million which is less than half the net worth of Republican Senators as a whole. He did grow up around a lot of wealthy folks in BV no doubt.

I've not seen his estimated net worth but I'd still be comfortable saying my estimate is probably closer to the amount than the 3 mil figure. Most senators put significant $ in spouse's (if they have a long, stable relationship) or family accounts.

I asked about his career a few days ago and Bama answered. He played for a year and got injured and barely played I think.

I've not seen his estimated net worth but I'd still be comfortable saying my estimate is probably closer to the amount than the 3 mil figure. Most senators put significant $ in spouse's (if they have a long, stable relationship) or family accounts.

These aren’t guesses. Legally, family assets have to be reported.

I believe Burr’s wife is pretty wealthy from her real estate involvement.

Shareholder suit seems really weak to me. Not a securities attorney but have dealt with a couple and the 10(b) claim doesn’t strike me as too likely to even get past the pleading stage (initial dispositive barrier for any civil lawsuit).

Back