Page 156 of 203 FirstFirst ... 56106146151152153154155156157158159160161166 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 4053

Thread: Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Is he anti-vax or pro personal choice?

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Vaccines don't work by "choice." They work if enough people take them.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Vaccines don't work by "choice." They work if enough people take them.
    You still think herd immunity is achievable with our current vaccines? So quaint! Tell meódoes that drive your faith in mandates? Or is it the other way around?

Quote Originally Posted by WakeBored View Post
    You still think herd immunity is achievable with our current vaccines? So quaint! Tell meódoes that drive your faith in mandates? Or is it the other way around?
    Why would herd immunity be achievable with past vaccines but not current vaccines? What's the science behind that?

Rusty Larue
    Itís interesting watching a constitutional conservative turn into Tucker Carlson.

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconSig View Post
    Itís interesting watching a constitutional conservative turn into Tucker Carlson.
    Iím not familiar enough with Tucker Carlsonís views to know what this means, but Iím not making a constitutional argument. Iím making a scientific one. We will not achieve herd immunity with the present vaccines, which allow for both infection and transmission at too high of a rate. (Admittedly, US data is hard to come by since the CDC, in its infinite wisdom, stopped tracking non-severe breakthrough infections in May, but the Israel data is bad.) Consequently, vaccine mandates as a means to herd immunity are a foolís errand, unless, possibly, we are going to mandate vaccination and boosters every 4-6 months ad infinitum, which I donít think anyone has the stomach for, even if it were constitutional.

Makes you wonder what Junebug is consuming to go from a pretty by the book conservative to an anti-vaxxer.

Makes you wonder what Junebug is consuming to go from a pretty by the book conservative to an anti-vaxxer.
    If my posts make you think Iím an anti-vaxxer then youíre more small minded than I think I realized.

Comes off pretty anti vaccine and also fits the conservative mindset.

Why is the current vaccine "not working" ??

Dickie Hemric
    Itís not perfect. Doesnít provide 100 percent protection for everyone forever.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

I disagree with you
    Iím not familiar enough with Tucker Carlsonís views to know what this means, but Iím not making a constitutional argument. Iím making a scientific one. We will not achieve herd immunity with the present vaccines, which allow for both infection and transmission at too high of a rate. (Admittedly, US data is hard to come by since the CDC, in its infinite wisdom, stopped tracking non-severe breakthrough infections in May, but the Israel data is bad.) Consequently, vaccine mandates as a means to herd immunity are a foolís errand, unless, possibly, we are going to mandate vaccination and boosters every 4-6 months ad infinitum, which I donít think anyone has the stomach for, even if it were constitutional.
    you think the reason is 'bad vaccines' and not 'giant portion 0f the population refuses to get vaccinnated'?

Conservatives are taking their political strategy of sabotage worldwide. Make sure it doesnít work then run on it not working.

Scientifically, you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

Yeah I love the argument the vaccine doesnít work when 40%, largely conservative dumb fucks, refuse to be vaccinated. Guess what vaccine people would say works really well, the Measles vaccine, donít hear a whole lot about Measles in the good old USA except when vaccination coverage in a community drops, then you hear about outbreaks. What is the coverage percentage that causes measles to return you might ask? Why itís less than 90-92% of a population vaccinated. Well damn that vaccine must not work, I mean can you imagine what measles looks like if only 60% were vaccinated. No you canít imagine that because vaccines are a fucking public health intervention thatís good for society that have been politicized by a bunch of fucking cowards who themselves are vaccinated in a bid to stay in power and make money.

Seriously. He seems to have used his post-CRT break from the boards to distill his conservative values down to ďtroll libsĒ

Dickie Hemric
    Definitely seems likely more lost than ever in the ďconservativeĒ mediasphere.

Dickie Hemric
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
    Scientifically, you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

Lawyers seem more prone than average to the usually fallacious notion of being able to become quickly an expert at understanding almost anything.

Occupational hazard, maybeÖ?