• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

I'm more than happy to get my phlacebo if it means people realize we can stop wearing the masks and the kids get back in school full time. Whatever works to flip that media mindswitch.

None of that explains why you, specifically, would jump the line.

Think about someone being so callous as to use the online alias of someone who died from Covid to both call it a milkwhich and confess to line jumping for the vaccine.

So you DID have the Rona.

lol of course he did -- he'd be shouting from the rooftops that he didn't if he hadn't

Think about someone being so callous as to use the online alias of someone who died from Covid to both call it a milkwhich and confess to line jumping for the vaccine.

you're pretty committed to this joke, huh?

Yeah, I think we will be in Group 5 in a couple of weeks statewide. Some counties and drug stores may try to stay in aground 4 but there is plenty of vaccine out there and available in NC.

that's kinda what i'm figuring. i kinda just want to get it over with so i can safely go to strip clubs again.

and the wife vet should 100.00% get it there's no issue there at all. the 21 year old TA, maybe not so much but look at this point the direction and leadership has been so shitty it's hard to fault anyone for jumping in (and in my world line jumper >>>>>>>>> anti vaxxer)

New York Times tracker updates daily with eligibility for every state

currently, all adults eligible in AK, MS, WV, parts of other states

Georgia rumored to be going to all adults soon

Georgia would be doing that because they're too lazy to bother with managing the distribution of the vaccine to a bunch of people who are ambivalent about getting it in the first place.

Blaming “shitty” direction and leadership seems like a big cop out. There are pretty clearly defined rules that someone would be lying about to jump the line. Just because they’re not able to verify whether someone smokes doesn’t mean it’s shitty leadership.

Blaming “shitty” direction and leadership seems like a big cop out. There are pretty clearly defined rules that someone would be lying about to jump the line. Just because they’re not able to verify whether someone smokes doesn’t mean it’s shitty leadership.

well the fact a 21 year old TA can "legally" get the shot but a 40ish yo veterinarian can't isn't a great set of rules. feds gave vague guidelines to states, states gave slightly less vague guidelines to counties/systems and now they are doing whatever they want (see Fayetteville). "high risk medical condition" is dying for people to interpret any way they want. like "i got a scorching case of the clap i need the shot"

I mean they give the list of high risk medical conditions...

Definitely not arguing it is perfect guidance or whatever but for most folks it’s pretty obvious that they belong in group 5

Definitely not arguing it is perfect guidance or whatever but for most folks it’s pretty obvious that they belong in group 5

yeah i don't disagree (aka i agree) but they've made it pretty easy for people to rationalize jumping ahead. at this point i figure group 5 is weeks if not days away so i'll just hang in there i guess.

obesity (undefined), previous smoker (again not defined) and asthma (mild included) probably describes 75% of the population

Obesity has a definition. 75% of the population does not have asthma, and certainly not a formal diagnosis.
Agreed, that it is easy to phump the line. Let's just acknowledge that we can't make people be "not shitty", and trying to enforce people not being shitty just makes the shittiest people shittier. This shit is going to clog up a rapid vaccine effort.
Once you are present, eligibility is pretty much, "do you have a shoulder?'. Trying to enforce more than that in the moment probably causes more problems than it fixes. So, we are back to needing people to not be shitty. Phat chance.

Here is a surprising and unwanted development regarding the Oxford-Astra Zeneca Vaccine:

The (NIH appointed independent) Data and Safety Monitoring Board that polices the integrity of the data wrote

The DSMB is concerned that AstraZeneca chose to use data that was already outdated and potentially misleading in their press release,” the letter states. “The point that is clear to the board is that the [vaccine efficacy number] . . . they chose to release was the most favorable for the study as opposed to the most recent and most complete. Decisions like this are what erode public trust in the scientific process.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...931d34-8bc3-11eb-a33e-da28941cb9ac_story.html

I have a very high level of skepticism with these anti AZ fire alarms that keep popping up. They are undercutting Pfizer, Moderna and JJ on cost big time, and it feels like everything is being done to discredit AZ. The blood clotting thing was a complete non issue that literally killed public goodwill towards the AZ vax.

Obesity has a definition. 75% of the population does not have asthma, and certainly not a formal diagnosis.
Agreed, that it is easy to phump the line. Let's just acknowledge that we can't make people be "not shitty", and trying to enforce people not being shitty just makes the shittiest people shittier. This shit is going to clog up a rapid vaccine effort.
Once you are present, eligibility is pretty much, "do you have a shoulder?'. Trying to enforce more than that in the moment probably causes more problems than it fixes. So, we are back to needing people to not be shitty. Phat chance.

CDC guideline is "overweight", not obese. (CDC parses them out separately here, but every state I have reviewed allows overweight as part of high-risk)

CDC definition is BMI >25 equals "overweight". roughly 75% of American adults are "overweight"

Last edited:
CDC guideline is "overweight", not obese. (CDC parses them out separately here, but every state I have reviewed allows overweight as part of high-risk)

CDC definition is BMI >25 equals "overweight". roughly 75% of American adults are "overweight"

And let's not even get started with how flawed the BMI system is.

And let's not even get started with how flawed the BMI system is.

correct. I am guessing every member of the WF football team has a BMI of at least 25.

scratch that - I am positive every member of the WF football team does. Nick Sciba is listed at 5'9", 188 - BMI 27.8, get your shot, Nick!

BMI is a good population measure and a poor individual measure.

Yeah, the vast majority of the people who are BMI of 25+ are that way because of excess fat and not because of excess muscle.

Just because Dwayne Johnson is morbidly obese doesn't mean you are for the same reason.

Back