• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

I like Elizabeth Warren. I like her a lot. But I definitely understand why some people from all sides don't.

This race desperately needs some new energy. Hillary blew it in 2016 with Kaine because he was new but not really new as a basic white guy and he didn't bring energy. Warren has energy, but she's not new. Biden has a chance to bring some life to this race. I don't think Warren is going to do that.

Most of the rest of the VP candidates would bring more to the campaign and finally bring Gen X into the Executive Branch. This is a base turnout election. I just don't see how Warren helps with that. Go back to the polls that said Warren supporters were close to 100% likely to vote for the Dem nominee. I don't see how Warren gets lagging progressives or more people from marginalized constituencies.

Kaine also just sucked. Few people knew who he was before the election and my hunch is that few do now. Warren isn't remotely like Tim Kaine. She's a known commodity and like you have pointed out before, VP noms ultimately don't really do much. So, which is it? Does Warren matter because she's a woman to counteract Biden's creepy old white dude energy? Does Warren matter because she's the most progressive member of the Senate and has been for awhile? Does Warren not matter because she lacks charisma, however defined? Black voters wanted Biden and the poll Townie cited seems to suggest that the VP doesn't matter to polled black voters. Democrats need to stop playing 8D chess and just pick the best candidate for the job.

Kaine also just sucked. Few people knew who he was before the election and my hunch is that few do now. Warren isn't remotely like Tim Kaine. She's a known commodity and like you have pointed out before, VP noms ultimately don't really do much. So, which is it? Does Warren matter because she's a woman to counteract Biden's creepy old white dude energy? Does Warren matter because she's the most progressive member of the Senate and has been for awhile? Does Warren not matter because she lacks charisma, however defined? Black voters wanted Biden and the poll Townie cited seems to suggest that the VP doesn't matter to polled black voters. Democrats need to stop playing 8D chess and just pick the best candidate for the job.

The only 2 reasons not to pick Warren are: (1) that it might not be a great idea to have 2 70+ year-olds governing; and (2) given that Biden is almost certainly not running in 2024, it might make sense to pick somebody who can be the front-runner in 2024.

She is certainly the most qualified candidate to assist in 2020, and I think that is what is probably most important.

It was a joke based on certain posters’ insistence for a person of color.

For all of the hand wringing about VP, I find it kind of amazing that it takes a tragedy like the one in Minneapolis to show the many issues with prosecutors as political candidates. Kamala Harris has plenty of baggage like this, too, fwiw. Klobuchar isn't alone when it comes to AG-related baggage.

America needs #blackgirlmagic in the White House

It would be nice this go round if everyone who opposes trump could take a page out of the Republican playbook and just fall in line behind the nominee and his running mate. Biden is a 4 year president at most. We can have this debate in 4 years when things are hopefully safer.

It would be nice this go round if everyone who opposes trump could take a page out of the Republican playbook and just fall in line behind the nominee and his running mate. Biden is a 4 year president at most. We can have this debate in 4 years when things are hopefully safer.

How would you like for us to adequately perform “falling in line” on this here message board?

My hunch is that the more critical of us are likely to volunteer on the campaign than the less critical of us.

My comment wasn’t limited to the message board. It included the Bernie bros who just couldn’t manage to vote for Hillary in 2016, and everyone else who opposes trump (as literally everyone should).

But that’s why the VP pick is so important. They basically immediately become the front runner nominee in 2024 if Biden wins this year.

If you want to join a homogenous and single minded political party, i've got a recommendation.

No, some of you are just clearly not as Online Brain Poisoned as I am.

There's a Facebook Suburban White Wine Mom that fetishizes black women to the extent of "we should just put black women in charge of everything" that is really just a cultural projection from watching The Real Housewives of Atlanta and wanting a black female friend. It materializes with using black women as reaction gifs on social media, tokenizing and infantilizing.

There's a Facebook Suburban White Wine Mom that fetishizes black women to the extent of "we should just put black women in charge of everything" that is really just a cultural projection from watching The Real Housewives of Atlanta and wanting a black female friend. It materializes with using black women as reaction gifs on social media, tokenizing and infantilizing.

bvv4j.gif

tenor.gif

Back