• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

But you are copying someone who still called grown women "blackgirl". You are supporting her infantilization of strong black women.

See how PC can backfire...like your supporting burning down Target which led to the burning of mom & pop businesses and even a Native American non-profit office that has helped people for forty years.

But you are copying someone who still called grown women "blackgirl". You are supporting her infantilization of strong black women.

See how PC can backfire...

dude what

i'm making fun of your argument that we need a black woman VP

biden went on charlemagne's pocast, got asked a direct question "do you think democrats take black voters for granted?" and rambled about getting 90+% of black support for four decades of votes, CLEARLY answering the question with a yes.

we don't need black voters to save us, we don't need a black VP to save biden from himself, we need white people to take some accountability for bad politics

you can start at 5:35 in the interview if you want the question re: whether Biden and Dems take black voters for granted

No, some of you are just clearly not as Online Brain Poisoned as I am.

There's a Facebook Suburban White Wine Mom that fetishizes black women to the extent of "we should just put black women in charge of everything" that is really just a cultural projection from watching The Real Housewives of Atlanta and wanting a black female friend. It materializes with using black women as reaction gifs on social media, tokenizing and infantilizing.

yes, this is just an extension of liberals struggling so hard to define politics by anything other than ideology. That's equivalent to me advocating for some stupid shit like just voting for poor politicians (if there were any).

dude what

i'm making fun of your argument that we need a black woman VP

biden went on charlemagne's pocast, got asked a direct question "do you think democrats take black voters for granted?" and rambled about getting 90+% of black support for four decades of votes, CLEARLY answering the question with a yes.

we don't need black voters to save us, we don't need a black VP to save biden from himself, we need white people to take some accountability for bad politics

And I'm making fun of you....

We should have a person of color on the ticket, because people of color have worked tirelessly for Dems and should reap some rewards for doing so. There are many qualified people of color. Asking people of color to vote, to volunteer, to raise and give money, but get lip service is unacceptable.

This is also an election against an openly, proud and loud racist. Having a person of color on the ticket would drive greater turnout to beat him.

Sorry, putting an old white woman on the ticket with an old white man is not wise or just.

I appreciate your perspective. I think putting a person of color on the ticket would be great, especially if their platform improves quality of life for people of color. I don't engage in electoralism, so I don't really care for your best guesses about GOTV.

Perception is reality in politics. Denying a slot on the ticket to a person of color in this election is a slap in the face to all people of color.

Without question there are lots of white people who want to work towards equality and have worked, but it isn't the same and never will be.

yes, this is just an extension of liberals struggling so hard to define politics by anything other than ideology. That's equivalent to me advocating for some stupid shit like just voting for poor politicians (if there were any).

YASSSS MDMH slay!

MDMH and Kory keep your purity and keep Trump in office. That will help your movement be put into oblivion for the next 25-50 years. That'll teach 'em.

Perception is reality in politics. Denying a slot on the ticket to a person of color in this election is a slap in the face to all people of color.

Without question there are lots of white people who want to work towards equality and have worked, but it isn't the same and never will be.

Sorry but this mindset removes responsibility from white politicians.

It does not. It says is there are two insights into the subject. It says people who have given their votes and helped turn the House and will help turn the Senate deserve something for all their work.

We are at a unique time in our history. Having two old white people on the ticket will not drive the vote in an election where this is critical.

BTW, Warren couldn't get out the vote for her in a closed primary.

You are getting dangerously close to saying you know what's best for people of color.

You are getting dangerously close to saying you know what's best for people of color.

oh jeez i sure wouldn't want it to come across like that's what i was doing

Snarky, but the reality is the core of your position is you and Elizabeth Warren know more what's best for people of color than people of color.

Thanks for telling me the core of my position. I could rail off a list of 10 nonwhite women I'd prefer were VP than Warren, but again, we're arguing past each other here.

Idk it kind of seems like RJ is the one speaking for black people in saying representation is more important, when the data doesn’t necessarily support it.

Idk it kind of seems like RJ is the one speaking for black people in saying representation is more important, when the data doesn’t necessarily support it.

TITCR

I have always had a sneaking suspicion that RJ was a little bit racist after the Uncle Thomas fiasco.

OK so who are the actual VPs that we can all agree would be good?

It sounds like Warren is a bit contentious and Klobuchar is no longer in the running.

I personally don't want another cop near this administration so there goes Harris and Demings. Military is different from law enforcement, imo, so Duckworth is still fine by me. Ayanna Pressley is definitely still my top choice and I would also be pretty jazzed about Julian Castro. Townie has converted me to the Rashida Tlaib stanwagon, so she's like my "never gonna happen, but would be awesome if it did" pick.

Last edited:
If we're saying it must be a woman, and I believe that's the constraint Biden has set out, Pressley is my top choice as well, though also in the "not going to happen" category. She's essentially a young Elizabeth Warren, and I'd argue a better politician as well. Her instincts are stronger and she has next to no baggage. She's not got nearly the rough edges the rest of the Squad has. Sort of worthless making a much longer list since Biden is rumored to already be on his shortlist.

It's really hard to be wrong as often as you are.

I am all in for Ayanna Pressley. I think she’s be an awesome pick.

Back